• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

JCX

KillerBEA

Thanks! I took a bad angle last night, so I attempted again today, but instead did 255 lbs!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRwfmyaF9xv/
You look like you got way more in you! Good stuff dude.

MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

17155561_10207992666240553_4603427220439727062_n.jpg

TRIUMPH!

Took me 14 months to go from 270 to under 200.

This was already harder than it would have been 10 years ago. Glad I didn't wait any longer.
Congrats, that's a good chunk of weight lost!
Congrats!

...I still can't. :(
Thanks! Was a brutal rep. Tried 200 lbs a few minutes later and failed. Might have had that in me if I had tried it first, ah well. I will most definitely take a 5 pound pr. First weight PR on the Big 4 in 3 months, everything else has been volume or rep PRs.
How come no one ever told me about the prowler (sled)?

My gym just got one and I used it to workout for the first time in my life. I collapsed to the floor after every set. I have never in my life experienced such burn in my lower body. Legs and ass on fire. Fucking AMAZING. I LOVE the workout. Definitely going to incorporate it into my routine every week. I loaded three plates and pushed/pulled the length of my gym twice. That was one set. I could hardly breathe after each sprint. Lol

Since I switched gyms I no longer have access to a sled. :( Good piece of conditioning kit

sphinx

the piano man
nice progress you guys,

my success this week was sticking to the plan of 5 work-out sessions and much better nutrition.

I still have to change some aspects of it, job sometimes puts me in the need to improvise and I have to buy rice and chicken at the chinese instead of cooking my food the night before so there is still room for improvement.

I am not sure if it's just that I feel very motivated and that has a psychological impact on my workouts but I feel overall very strong.

truth be told, I am worried about my health, my dad and brother have a history of diabetes (my brother, pre-) and I was once caught with pre-hypertension.

I am making nutrition my priority nr. 1, above working towards aestehtics and strength, in particular avoiding sugar and salt as much as possible.

Being nearly 40, it feels like no matter what I do, the ship is just sinking... I just hope I can have a high quality life as long as possible.

EDIT: On a positive note, I just realized after reading the posts about benching your own weight that I benched my weight for 8 reps yesterday :)

Szu

MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

TRIUMPH!

Took me 14 months to go from 270 to under 200.

This was already harder than it would have been 10 years ago. Glad I didn't wait any longer.

Congrats, but what's the deal with the socks?

My close grip is stronger than my normal grip bench press. Is there a cue I should be searching for mostly when the bar is on my chest. It feels like I'm missing something

GrapeApes

Since my arm is a bit longer I place my middle finger around the ringy part of the bar. But that doesn't seem good enough.
Doesn't seem that wide. I'd probably try bringing in your normal grip. Unno. My close grip is not near my normal press. Your triceps must be hella big though.

mdsfx

Indoor triathlon #4 tomorrow. The next one will be the real deal in some lake an hour north of here and I'll need a wet suit :[

I'm also training to hit a sub 7-minute mile 8K race PR. It won't be easy, but I'm super close to pulling it off. Im currently at 7:05/mi for 5 miles. Race is 2 weeks out.

As far as lifting goes I'm still a skinny weakling working back up on my squats. I just have less time for lifting these days, so my sessions are short. What a puss.

God Enel

Guys how to step up my pull-up game?
I'm currently doing a pull up challenge (to 50) and I'm stuck on 12 (have to do 14 in the 1st set, then 7-7-6-6, the other sets I'm fine with).. it seems I can't get more than 12 (and I do them barely).

It's ducking annoying that I can't progress on the reps of pull ups. Help me ;-;

sphinx

the piano man
guys, how'd you rate the nutrition profile of my protein powder??

is german but it goes

Calories,112 kcal
fat, 2,0 gr.
Cholesterol 53 mg
Kalium (what's that?)
Carbs (all of it sugar) 1.4 gr
Protein 22 gr.

is there anything suspicious or bad there?

SeanR1221

Sean just posted on IG and looks fucking monstrous-ripped. Nice work!!

Thanks man 😃 Down 10lbs in 6 weeks. 6 more weeks of dieting to go! Feeling pretty happy with my progress and excited to see where I'll end up.

izwMKRvh.jpg

Thanks! I took a bad angle last night, so I attempted again today, but instead did 255 lbs!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRwfmyaF9xv/

Nice job! Gave you a follow as well

Indoor triathlon #4 tomorrow. The next one will be the real deal in some lake an hour north of here and I'll need a wet suit :[

I'm also training to hit a sub 7-minute mile 8K race PR. It won't be easy, but I'm super close to pulling it off. Im currently at 7:05/mi for 5 miles. Race is 2 weeks out.

As far as lifting goes I'm still a skinny weakling working back up on my squats. I just have less time for lifting these days, so my sessions are short. What a puss.

Good luck!

Been a while. Here's 655lbs for that ass.

https://instagram.com/p/BRt4iF6h9Gg/

Incredible. It's amazing to see how far the human body can be pushed naturally

Sid

How do you guys manage to hit the gym while maintaining your work life? I usually travel 3-4 hours a day and am wrecked by the time I get home....

GrapeApes

How do you guys manage to hit the gym while maintaining your work life? I usually travel 3-4 hours a day and am wrecked by the time I get home....
It's like flossing. You either do it or don't. Just have to get yourself into the habit then it's hard to stop. Thankfully I have a job were I have four or three off days a week. Even then I find myself working out before or after pulling all day shifts if I can't fit it to my off days.

guys, how'd you rate the nutrition profile of my protein powder??

is german but it goes

Calories,112 kcal
fat, 2,0 gr.
Cholesterol 53 mg
Kalium (what's that?)
Carbs (all of it sugar) 1.4 gr
Protein 22 gr.

is there anything suspicious or bad there?
Looks fine to me.

Fox318

Its amazing how taking time off from lifting and your numbers go down.

I used to be able to squat 365 now I was having issues with 315.

I've been doing fight training with kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, and wrestling in place of powerlifting.

Oddly enough my cardio is so much better. I can fucking run longer and faster than ever before and do more pullups and pushups.

mdsfx

Placed 11th out of 80 at the indoor tri. PR'd the swim and the run.

Swim - 27.5 lengths in 10 min
Bike - 10 miles in 30 min
Run - 2.77 miles in 20 min

The swim was fucking awesome. With the improved stroke I kept my effort up but stayed relaxed. Running after the bike portion is still torture. I can run so much faster normally, but the legs just stiffen up!

ACE 1991

What are your laziest (relatively) healthy bulking recipes? Note that I'm a vegetarian but eat a lot of meat replacement stuff.

Mediking

Powerrade fruit punch is amazing and is so good to drink after a sweat.

Gatorade fruit punch tastes like cough syrup ;_;

Thanks y'all! I probably could do a bit more. i tend to be over cautious on complex lifts, mostly so I don't embarrass myself in the middle of the gym. Still wish I had a gym partner for spotting.

i think i've embarrassed myself. it's fine. it's not like anyone is perfect. we all make mistake ;P you can always ask someone to spot you. someone random. i haven't asked anyone to spot me but i got some people telling me if i ever need a spot

sphinx

the piano man
Looks fine to me.

Thanks, it tastes way too sweet for what it's supposed to be, so I thought it had more carbs/sugar than it should.

awesome pic

I have a question, though :D

how do you manage your wardrobe? I mean, you probably threw away all shirts from 1 or 2 years ago.

right now I am trying to lose weight and I am noticing that shirts that would make me look ok being bulky now make me look terrible cause they are starting to feel too big.

shirts that are a size too big are gainskillers :O

Whales

Banned
hey fitgaf, i'm a newbie here and I want to start getting more fit!

I just had some questions to start with... I did read the OP, and i'm going to follow the begginner's program but im not subscribed to a gym yet, so I can't do pullups/deadlifts and the kind. I could also do bench presses, but not as often because the gear is at my bros house and I don't feel like going there every other day just to use his bench-press, lol. I also can,t even do a single pull-up even if I tried :/

I didn't subscribe to a gym yet because I don't have a lot of time to go ( and finals are very soon) so I was thinking instead to start out with some basic stuff like push-ups, planks and squats at home every other day... Good idea? I would do it for a whole month, build up my core and then once my semester is over ( basically in a month) I could start going to the gym too.

My goal would be to lose a little bit of weight ( I currently weight around 86kg and i'm 5'11, I would like to drop down to at least 80kg while building some muscle). I'm also planning to run during the summer ( I run 4x a week every summer so no problem there)

What do you guys think?

EDIT: also, when you guys say 3 sets of 5 reps, basically its do 5 squats, take a 1min break ( and repeat 3 times?) Just making sure

Training going exceptionally wel. First a 655lb deadift. Now 515lb squat.

https://youtu.be/mqa09COXkzE

Crazy stuff, you're in the 1000lbs club with only 2 lifts lol

I still haven't bought clothes. I guess because I can't decide what my "end goal" is lol

This is also 100% me. I've bought like a handful of newer clothes cause what if I get even less fat?

My goal would be to lose a little bit of weight ( I currently weight around 86kg and i'm 5'11, I would like to drop down to at least 80kg while building some muscle). I'm also planning to run during the summer ( I run 4x a week every summer so no problem there)

What do you guys think?

What I'm saying here is going to suck, but you should sit down and sort your diet out first if your goal is fat loss. Being able to lift will help you build muscle and retain it while dieting but fat loss is best done with a caloric deficit.

Whales

Banned
What I'm saying here is going to suck, but you should sit down and sort your diet out first if your goal is fat loss. Being able to lift will help you build muscle and retain it while dieting but fat loss is best done with a caloric deficit.

Oh I know that, I am starting to watch my diet now too

Obviously the gym/ running part would help in losing weight. i think my sentence was poorly phrased, I want to go to the gym because it will help lose weight (since it burns calories) but the main reason to go is because I feel weak as fuck and I want to beef up a little :p

awesome day - 185x3x5 squats, 185x2x4. Felt really good - must have been because I stuffed my face with girl scout cookies last night ;)
awesome job! i did bench today. and it actually called for 3x1 of some odd % of my max rep. but the numbers were a bit low. so i ended up doing 3x1 @ 5lbs less than my 1RM and it went GREAT. so i'm mildly interested in new 1RM in 4 weeks :D

This is also 100% me. I've bought like a handful of newer clothes cause what if I get even less fat?
tbh i haven't even went out other than work and gym. lol which is why i haven't bought anything yet too

Top Bottom