• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Szu

Congrats to the new recent dads, Bish and MTP.

Here's a handy guide to get you started.
c8452e3fbc933b470542ee9ed6ca04f7.jpg

I need a refresher soon too.

I've got another little guy on the way.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Damn dude, finishing with that 70x5 must be brutal!!

What's up Brolic!?
It's not too bad. I superset pendlays which make them much worse. Pretty soon I'll be back at my ending set of 95lbs.

_______

Szu!! I'm like 10 years from becoming a grandpa and you're still cranking out huge armed little monsters?! Congrats my friend!

I've managed to commit to my week off so far, only 2 more days to go, im itching to get back into the gym. I haven't taken more than 1 day off in over a year.

Jesus Chris GAF my push up is so whack, I can't even get though 1 with the knees bent, it's the getting down part that I struggle with.

I wonder since they are called push ups can I just go from the chest to the ground position and push up?

Right now I have to use my fucking table to get motion lol

Jesus Chris GAF my push up is so whack, I can't even get though 1 with the knees bent, it's the getting down part that I struggle with.

I wonder since they are called push ups can I just go from the chest to the ground position and push up?

If you cant do a push up i would try finding a pair of light dumb bells and doing bench press with those. (You can do them off the floor if you dont have a bench).

Tuorom

Neo Member

You can push off the ground, but struggle to lower yourself? Huh.

What does it feel like when you are going through the down phase??

KillerBEA

Anyone tuning into Raw Nationals? Last night's 63kg women was super intense!

Catching bits and pieces, watched some of the bench and Deads last night. Yangsu Ren was nuts with that deadlift, 83 kg class, 749.9 lb deadlift. Tuned into 2nd attempt Deadlifts tonight. Woolson made a gutsy move on his 3rd and almost had it.

Simplet

Hey everyone, does anyone have a good program for doing planks?

I did a ten minutes plank yesterday (I think I could have kept on for a little while) and I feel like it's pretty pointless to try to go for more than that. Should I switch to another type of exercise entirely or is there a good routine I could do?

I did a ten minutes plank yesterday (I think I could have kept on for a little while) and I feel like it's pretty pointless to try to go for more than that. Should I switch to another type of exercise entirely or is there a good routine I could do?

Planks are good for building up ab strength so you can do more advanced stuff. If it gets to the point to where you need to do them for 10 minutes then you should move onto harder core workouts.

Simplet

Planks are good for building up ab strength so you can do more advanced stuff. If it gets to the point to where you need to do them for 10 minutes then you should move onto harder core workouts.

Yes! that's what I'm asking for, more advanced core workouts :p

I'm not super aware of the latest fashionable exercises that's why I'm coming here!

Tuorom

Neo Member

Move on to gymnastic movements like the hollow body (basically a plank but on your back, with your legs and upper body off the ground), hanging leg raises, front lever, planche.

Or if you want to stick with the plank for a bit more, you can try the RKC plank, which is a plank but you spread your legs, put your arms a little wider and squeeze every muscle as hard as possible.

BumRush

Cue the Leo meme. Feels so good to be back at it again and exerting some discipline. Plus I missed you guys. 💕💕

Realistically, you're definitely getting a lot of the credit. Just posting in this thread is a surprisingly effective motivator.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Realistically, you're definitely getting a lot of the credit. Just posting in this thread is a surprisingly effective motivator.
Awww thanks. For me there's a direct correlation between being active here and my frequency at the gym.

Course was ridiculously muddy / puddly. Cycled through a muddy puddle which turned out to be a ditch that grabbed the entirety of my front wheel.

I got rammed into the floor and smashed into my front light (I also snapped one of my shifters in half with my knee).

BumRush

Course was ridiculously muddy / puddly. Cycled through a muddy puddle which turned out to be a ditch that grabbed the entirety of my front wheel.

I got rammed into the floor and smashed into my front light (I also snapped one of my shifters in half with my knee).

You should be super proud but you should also stop doing this to yourself!!!

So I'll post the text for those without Strava...

So that was eventful...

I started at a pace that I was very pleased with, given I'd not been out for a proper ride since Leadville. I wasn't putting myself in the red at all, just working at a heart rate I knew I could sustain.

First issue came quite early on when my front wheel was completely swallowed by a ditch masquerading as a puddle and I hit the ground hard. My front light shot backwards and damaged the screen on the Garmin (thankfully it still worked, I just couldn't see most of the screen). At the same time, my knee hit my left shifter and snapped off one of the paddles.

Wiping myself down I continued on, a little sore but no big issue. Was passing some quick riders and generally feeling good about things.

Heading towards Rhayader I was making good pace when my rear (tubeless) wheel flatted instantly. I had torn a hole in the sidewall which was far too big to fix using the rubber plugs. Thankfully a tube + tyre boot seemed to do the job and I got on with the riding. Annoyingly this had taken a while and I'd been passed by quite a few of the people who I'd passed earlier.

My mojo started to leave me a bit and I noticed it was getting harder to breathe properly. I figured I'd just tweaked a muscle in the crash and just got on with it, though with a much slower pace. It was starting to go dark when I realised that my light wasn't working properly after the crash, and I was having to run it at a much higher setting to actually see anything. This meant that most of the time I was working with virtually no light so I could ensure it lasted the night.

As I went past "The Arch" I noticed that my rear tyre was starting to deflate very slowly, which began a never ending cycle of riding for a short while, then stopping to top it up before it got catastrophically low. It turns out that the tube had pretty much gone completely, but was putting enough pressure on the tyre boot to make some sort of hybrid tubeless system. This made for a VERY long run to the finish.

To add to the misery, I lost the ability to change up smoothly on the rear cog... the only way I could get it to work was by changing gear, then pedalling backwards before pedalling forwards again. No idea why this worked, but it was effective (if annoying).

So yeah... turns out I'd broken my rib in the crash earlier in the day (now medicating with alcohol), which explains the struggle to breathe.

Still, can't complain; I got around in sub 24 hours, which was all I really wanted to do in the first place.

Edit - Oh god, I know where it all went wrong. I didn't lose any rear lights this time. I ALWAYS lose a rear light... maybe that's my penance for a damage / mechanical free ride?!?

https://www.strava.com/activities/1232152405

Cheers for the wellwishes btw. I'm off to the US midweek and was originally going to be doing lifting whilst I was out there, but now I think I'll just get fat. ;)

ILoveBish

Psycho needs a new hobby.

Hit squats today for the first time in 6+ months, got 225x3 clean and then tried for 275x1, got over halfway up but just was too tired and couldn't finish it. First time failing on my home gym setup, I let the bar go and the safeties caught it no problem. Gives me relief that my setup works as expected. I'm going to work on my new lifting program this week and get started now that I have a baseline to go off of. Looking forward to a long time of lifting consistently and being back on fitgaf consistently as well.

Navi

Haven't been here in a minute due my colitis being so bad over the last few months. Glad to see some of you making progress!

BumRush

This morning I had my best workout in probably 8-9 months. Bench, OHP, accessories and some HIIT. I feel winded hours later which
sucks ass but
feels so good.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn that looks good, I had a 25 piece bucket of KFC other day.

No I didn't eat it all at once

Barely ate or slept and still managed to hit my goal of 405 3x8 beltless tonight. Plan is to work my way into five working sets ��

They are super good. I think the breading is actually biscuit dough.

Looks so good Brolic but all that did is make me miss Sean. ☹

Sean is actually doing very well. We follow eachother on facebook and instagram.

Top Bottom