• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five #DRIVECLUB beta videos + impressions

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Videos now mirrored on YouTube
--

Taken from the same person who gave this a couple days ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127683762#post127683762

The videos are in a 2.26 GB rar hosted on Mega. I will not upload these on YouTube or whatever.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zx8x3TxR!t_0padg35VE-dK8tBrlqs8_htpR98eEpSZpFAB7rIes

Mucking around on BANDIPUR - race start time 12pm.mp4 (6:36) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfeY5OncvU
Race - MUNNAR - Race start 5pm 60x day cycle - clear weather.mp4 (3:47) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5N4oqkUhjA
Race - MUNNAR - Race start 7am 60x day cycle - clear weather.mp4 (3:39) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9N_6t1o9c
Race - NIGIRI HILLS - Race start 12pm 60x day cycle - clear weather.mp4 (3:34) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jMzWAIZSg
Race - NILGIRI HILLS - Race start 12pm 60x day cycle - stormy weather.mp4 (3:44) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7IRVOCJB2k

Captured by PS4 share button: It's disabled for the beta, but I found a work around. ;)

My previous upload to mega.co.nz that had screens and video were not bullshots. The screens were grabbed with PS Share Button, all while I was controlling the car, I just had the HUD turned off.

- Image quality and AA is not an issue. This is playing the beta on a 50" Panasonic Plasma that has been calibrated (though I have sharpness up to 15). Aliasing is definitely visable, but it's not distracting and is barely noticeable while racing.

- Gameplay really is fantastic. I've played a lot of racing games. From Burnout, PGR, Need For Speed series, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, Forza (though not the Horizon series) and more. The car handling feels semi realistic, so a mix or realism and PGR style arcade, though I think it leans more towards realism.

- Plenty of content/events/challenges. I'm not going into details on these, you'll have to wait until release.

- Graphically it is the best racing game I've played (haven't played PC racing games). At first I didn't think it looked that great, but then you keep racing and it just hits you. It's stunning, and just feels so rich. The environments just feel like they've had so much attention and it really brings the races to life. I haven't really experienced this before, it's just very dense. Motion blur is really well implemented, it doesn't feel distracting at all.

- Sound quality is obviously amazing.

- There is no rubber banding. Though the AI does remind me of Motorstorm in how aggressive the other drivers can be. No mercy here.

Source: https://twitter.com/GamesDisciple/status/506182910555070465

avstli.gif

kjtwkz.gif

No where near the reveal trailer, right guys?

inFvBzCHQrOoW.gif

ibc6LA7NtGS7lu.gif

Same video but lighting changes are beautiful.
iwDpQ06bR5NYg.gif

From the stormy weather vid. I wish I could upload a longer gif but minus has a 10MB limit.

ijOd1y0ggrr2k.gif

Driving into the storm clouds. Just imagine that in the rain.
izu1yXA4dzW11.gif

ioGmhaMhFXSNs.gif

Dat fog enveloping them mountains

inYXs6BTVGtpj.gif

http://a.pomf.se/oylkxj.gif

http://gfycat.com/HideousDelightfulGlowworm

MavFan619

Banned
Nice looking more forward to the Plus version, I might have to actually get the full game these impressions are all really positive.

IcyEyes

Captured by PS4 share button: It's disabled for the beta, but I found a work around. ;)

My previous upload to mega.co.nz that had screens and video were not bullshots. The screens were grabbed with PS Share Button, all while I was controlling the car, I just had the HUD turned off.

- Image quality and AA is not an issue. This is playing the beta on a 50" Panasonic Plasma that has been calibrated (though I have sharpness up to 15). Aliasing is definitely visable, but it's not distracting and is barely noticeable while racing.

- Gameplay really is fantastic. I've played a lot of racing games. From Burnout, PGR, Need For Speed series, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, Forza (though not the Horizon series) and more. The car handling feels semi realistic, so a mix or realism and PGR style arcade, though I think it leans more towards realism.

- Plenty of content/events/challenges. I'm not going into details on these, you'll have to wait until release.

- Graphically it is the best racing game I've played (haven't played PC racing games). At first I didn't think it looked that great, but then you keep racing and it just hits you. It's stunning, and just feels so rich. The environments just feel like they've had so much attention and it really brings the races to life. I haven't really experienced this before, it's just very dense. Motion blur is really well implemented, it doesn't feel distracting at all.

- There is no rubber banding. Though the AI does remind me of Motorstorm in how aggressive the other drivers can be. No mercy here.

I said this tens of times.

Nice post, thanks!

Vire

Wow, the stormy video looks amazing.

Love what I'm seeing! Youtube compression has definitely hurt showing off the visuals. Yeah, some aliasing is noticeable, but it looks pretty awesome to me.

Vire

Umm, storms on the beta? Maybe they can deliver weather from day 1?

It's not raining, but just cloudy weather. Still, the atmosphere is fantastic.

Environmental detail on the track is pretty incredible, you can see into the distance for miles and miles, riverbeds, tons of foliage, little shacks and mountains. Just awesome stuff.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Game looks and sounds amazing I especially liked how the sounds are muffled when you go into an interior camera mode. Also it looks fast as hell.

shandy706

I have a question for anyone in the beta. If you keep driving straight just off the road, does it still reset you back onto the track?

Not talking a wreck, but just cruising along at the point it triggers, what if you're rubbing/trading paint and another car is keeping you in the "countdown area".

Could someone force a reset on you, do you lose some momentum with a reset?

Nice touches.
You can actually hear the spectators clapping and cheering in the 12pm Bandipur video when he drives by them slowly.
The attention to detail is great.

Pretty sure I remember that happening in Colin Mcrae rally on PS1 :p

Haha. I know, but for some reason, I feel that's lost in recent more sterile racing games.
I also love the high amount of just stuff floating around (leaves, butterflies, etc.)
I think it's the combination of all the minutiae making this game feel so full.

I'm a bit worried that I will treat this game like every other racing game that allows me to get the best cars too early (pre-order bonuses). I will play it for 3 days then put it down.

Just finished all of the vids.
Unbelievably hyped. I'm probably going to drop $100 to get a proper wheel stand for my wheel for this.

Also, BALLOOOONS

A video on YouTube made it appear like there was only a single track on the beta. Interested to hear what's available and different to the recent demo at Gamescom.

Vire

If there were one nitpick about the visuals aside from the aliasing is that sometimes the lighting in certain conditions make objects appear overly waxy instead of reflective with deep contrasts.

Still though, nice fucking work Evo.

nib95

Banned
Thanks for the vids and impressions Wario, just downloading now. But one thing…

though I have sharpness up to 15

What the hell dude. Turn that all the way to zero. You're just going to be adding artificial edge sharpening, artifacting, halo'ing etc. Especially awful in games that have mass geometric and textural detail and density, e.g. fields of grass or tree's in games like Assassin's Creed Black Flags etc.

Thanks for the vids and impressions Wario, just downloading now. But one thing…

What the hell dude. Turn that all the way to zero. You're just going to be adding artificial edge sharpening, artifacting, halo'ing etc. Especially awful in games that have mass geometric and textural detail and density, e.g. fields of grass or tree's in games like Assassin's Creed Black Flags etc.

That really depends on the TV. Bravia TV's are set to 50 by default which looks fine, but if you change it to zero it actually degrades the image and looks washed out and blurry. Most calibrated settings people post for Sony TV's seem to leave the sharpness setting as is.
Is it different for Panasonic plasmas?

I look forward to more of the concern posts, just like the other thread, where people want to argue about how much of a downgrade the game had gone through, lol.....

Sounds like the game continues to be a fun experience, I cannot wait to play it....

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
That really depends on the TV. Bravia TV's are set to 50 by default which looks fine, but if you change it to zero it actually degrades the image and looks washed out and blurry. Most calibrated settings people post for Sony TV's seem to leave the sharpness setting as is.
Is it different for Panasonic plasmas?

My Samsung led is 50 by default if I turn it to 0 it's a blurry mess lol

All of these are fantastic to hear.

Freeman

Banned
If only PS4 had support for my PS3 wheel, this game being good bums me down a little (I still want it to be good).

ss_lemonade

Need to check out these videos but after watching my wife try the demo out earlier at pax, I really don't know. While the lighting looks really nice, the aliasing was super bad. Even my wife (who is one who isn't critical about visuals) was telling me the game had a dirty look to it because of all the jaggies.

Hopefully this is just something from the demo and will be fixed before release

Need to check out these videos but after watching my wife try the demo out earlier at pax, I really don't know. While the lighting looks really nice, the aliasing was super bad. Even my wife (who is one who isn't critical about visuals) was telling me the game had a dirty look to it because of all the jaggies.

Hopefully this is just something from the demo and will be fixed before release

seriously? I just downloaded a direct feed video of the beta the other day and it looked clean as a whistle. minimal to no jaggies...

Top Bottom