• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

I finally have power!!!!

I also have internet, thank fuck. Back to working from home for me

My wifes parents had to watch our baby during the week since her normal daycare is out of power all week, theyre about 40 minutes away so she ended up staying there through the night as well. My wife and I have been devastated, but shes back home and were all in good spirits now. Life is finally getting back to normal.
Grats man.

Arthos

I just got my internet back (Comcast) and had to set it up again for some reason.

My internet speeds keep dipping super low to the point where some sites won't load at all unless I time it right. I did a speed test and after getting two errors, I was finally able to do a test and came out with 5.1 mbps DL and 2.3 upload.

Anyone else get their internet restored and have slow internet now?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Checking in guys. I got power on Wednesday, and have make shift internet now. Hope everyone came out okay.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Third day that he duke boys do something on my street. They seem to come, fix a couple of things and then bounce. I think what they're doing is the last bit but knowing them, they'll leave before they finish it.

Cousin bought us an AC and brought it as a surprise. The rest of the house feels like an oven while the room with the AC is 69 degrees. I had forgotten how it felt to not be burning up.

Mindlog

I've been venturing farther out for various reasons and seeing massive assembly areas for line repair vehicles. Massive. I dread knowing what could have been if some are still without power despite these enormous resources at our disposal.

I have no doubt that a lot of lessons are being learned if nothing else.

HercRaato

Just got power back after almost 7 full days. Oh A/C how I've j asked thee. Looks like the net is up as well. I feel for those of you still without power or water.

I had a friend tell me today they only get 20 mins of water a day due to the lift stations not working due to no power. That has to be worse than not having power. At least I could take a cold shower.

Looking at the news I hope Maria isn't coming our way I can't do this again so soon sigh

Joezie

Joining the power crew here near the Mims/Titusville area. I have some serious question for whoever designed this grid, but the return of AC has delayed them for now. 6 days running on a generator. FPL be praised at least as far as I'm aware of their efforts.

No damage to report really. A few of the side panels on our house(modular) came off revealing the Tyvek paper underneath but that's about it. Boat and shed in the back are unscathed and the tie downs held our DIY deck down perfectly.

Lkr

are you guys unable to find groceries still?
walmart neighborhood market didn't have milk and eggs yesterday
publix had no chicken breast or ground beef today, the produce section was kinda lacking

i'm in east orlando and these stores have had power for over a week, are they still not getting any shipments in?

III-V

publix had no chicken breast or ground beef today, the produce section was kinda lacking

i'm in east orlando and these stores have had power for over a week, are they still not getting any shipments in?

No problems in Tampa, besides being more expensive.

MickeyPhree

No problems in Sunrise area.

MrJames

Canned food aisle is still somewhat empty but most everything else is back to normal here in Jax.

Top Bottom