Florida man arrested for threats to kill Democrats, 'weak' Republicans, over Kavanaugh nomination

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fl...republicans-over-kavanaugh-nomination-sheriff

On Sept. 22, 24 and 29, Patrick claimed he was going to shoot members of Congress and their families, depending on how Kavanaugh's vote proceeded.

One Facebook post, as shared by the sheriff's office, said: "I can tell it seems I will be sacrificing my life for my country. But I am ready and will know who needs to be killed after the vote to put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. I believe democrats need to made to be afraid to do what they are doing right now and weak republicans that do not vote for him need to pay with their lives."
"I am about to accept an offer on my house," another post read. "Just to get more money to fund my plan to kill democrat office holders and their families involved in this sham to keep kav from being on the Supreme Court."

The sheriff's office said another post — dated Sept. 27, 2017, but reshared a year later — read: “I can’t do this by myself! Need more conservatives going into liberals’ homes at night killing them in their sleep!”
The sheriff explained that "words matter" — despite Patrick's denial that his posts were intended to "annoy liberals by making 'crazy statements.'"

"I knew it was pretty bad language," Judd said Patrick told deputies. "But I didn't intend to hurt anyone."

"The left" People are out of control.

Geez whats going on down there? You have the guy who wanted to do a suicide bomb, now this guy.

I think American's are taking it to far, Republicans and Democrats aren't enemies of each other they should be working together not trying to kill each other.

Geez whats going on down there? You have the guy who wanted to do a suicide bomb, now this guy.

I think American's are taking it to far, Republicans and Democrats aren't enemies of each other they should be working together not trying to kill each other.
I was told the time for civility is over though. /s

As long as both sides are actively working to disrupt the other instead of trying to actually, you know, govern by the will of the people then this shit will continue to escalate. Thankfully I think most folks are starting to wake up to the bullshit we are constantly being fed. That PC survey thread highlights how small and extreme these little folks are that are driving this bullshit.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
pretty sick behavior, unacceptable from either side.

hope this dude gets help, although imo he's within his rights to say those things. seems strange to arrest him for that when free speech protections against future lawless action exist.

we'll see what happens in court.

Last edited:
So the right is fighting back? Wonder what caused that? Could it have been the death threats sent to Trump voters? Could it have been the random attacks on people from the left? Could have been antifa members? Could it have been people attacking others for going to ben shapiro speeches, or louder with crowder? Hmm I wonder what could cause the right to fight back....... Hmmmmm.....

Last edited:
So the right is fighting back? Wonder what caused that? Could it have been the death threats sent to Trump voters? Could it have been the random attacks on people from the left? Could have been antifa members? Could it have been people attacking others for going to ben shapiro speeches, or louder with crowder? Hmm I wonder what could cause the right to fight back....... Hmmmmm.....
"The right" shot up a pizza shop because of made up conspiracy theory and killed a woman at a neonazi rally last year.

This behavior is unjustifiable, period. Calling a call to murder an opposing political faction "fighting back" is abhorrent.

"The right" shot up a pizza shop because of made up conspiracy theory and killed a woman at a neonazi rally last year.

This behavior is unjustifiable, period. Calling a call to murder an opposing political faction "fighting back" is abhorrent.
Its only going to get worse if people keep attacking other people, thats my point. The left have huge record of attacking people that don't agree with them, and 99% of the time it ends in violence. You want to keep pushing people around and always resort to violence, the right will resort to violence also. Maybe people should stop attacking people.

Last edited:
You mean they want to tax the citizenry more, and put more kids on anti depressants and other drugs. Great
You didn't ask me to elaborate on the many different avenues to tackle this issue that have been proposed, and you automatically assumed boilerplate leftists ideals as the end goal in an attempt to dismiss a strawman version of progressive reform wrt mental illness.

Your post is a strong representation of why this topic goes nowhere. There is little will outside of progressive circles to address this situation; it's better served as a rhetorical deflection from other subjects.

Last edited:
You didn't ask me to elaborate on the many different avenues to tackle this issue that have been proposed, and you automatically assumed boilerplate leftists ideals as the end goal in an attempt to dismiss a strawman version of progressive reform wrt mental illness.

Your post is a strong representation of why this topic goes nowhere. There is little will outside of progressive circles to address this situation; it's better served as a rhetorical deflection from other subjects.
I assume because thats the only idea ever proposed. It's boilerplate for a reason.

Unless you want to bring back the asylums

The violent, unhinged lunatics on the far right and far left keep ratcheting up their dangerous ideas and behavior. We need leaders on both sides of the political spectrum to instead of continually getting these idiots all fired up, tone down their divisive rhetoric and come together to unequivocally condemn this behavior.