• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather Announces Exhibition Fight With Logan Paul - Feb 20 2021

diffusionx

Gold Member
Logan Paul has nothing to lose. If he loses, ok it's against one of the greatest boxers ever, who cares. If he wins, he is a legend.

Why not.

Ballthyrm

The best thing that can happen is that nobody watches it.
People need to send a clear signal about money grabs like this one or we will get more and more of them...

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Logan doesn't have a 1% chance lol
He can't even beat another youtuber? I'm confused as to why this is happening

You know why. Floyd loves money.

200.gif

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Paul will be gassed after the first 3 rounds of near misses.

I'm expecting this. When he had that Youtuber fight with KSI, they were both gassed after like the first round. Mayweather will be running circles around him making it last a bit longer. At least McGregor felt a bit competitive, even though you knew he wasn't likely to win.

Logan has a good physique to be fair to him, obviously he's worked out, but that doesn't mean a lot in boxing. Look at someone like Tyson Fury, not someone who'd you look at on first glance and think they were as good as they were. Andy Ruiz beating Joshua comes to mind as well, despite Joshua being built amazingly well.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Well, who's watching?

RoboEight

Im watching it and so far its been alright. The first fight was ok after that the Hurd and Arias fight was great and the Badou and Collina fight was embarrasing for Collina. Mayweather and Logan is about to start so we will see how it goes

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Logan gassed in the third. Looks like he's going to trip over his own feet any minute.

No much happening in the fight. Like Mayweather McGregor, Floyd just dicks around for the first bunch of rounds to give a show. Then he'll pour it on later and probably win this in the 7th. Or he'll let it go the distance for fun.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Paul will be gassed after the first 3 rounds of near misses.
Going into the 4th Logan is gased already and Mayweather is just tiring him out. Mayweather land some hard hits he is gonna knock him out st some point at this rate.
Logan gassed in the third. Looks like he's going to trip over his own feet any minute.

No much happening in the fight. Like Mayweather McGregor, Floyd just dicks around for the first bunch of rounds to give a show. Then he'll pour it on later and probably win this in the 7th. Or he'll let it go the distance for fun.
It was clear as day.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't know if Mayweather does it on purpose or there's a gentlemen's agreement to make these kinds of fights last. Paul and McGregor do come out swinging, so it's not like they hold tight. I dont know how staged these freak show fights are.

Last edited:

RoboEight

I don't know if Mayweather does it on purpose or there's a gentlemen's agreement to make these kinds of fights last. Paul and McGregor do come out swinging, so it's not like they hold tight. I dont know how staged these freak show fights are.
Exactly whats happening even when Mayweather goes to the corner he just sits there and is like whatever and laughing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well for sake of getting your moneys worth, at least Mayweather lets these matches last. In most of the rounds he doesn't even throw punches and just turtles up and clinches letting the other guy catch his breath.

If he wanted to be a dick, he'd KO the other guy in the first round.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I havent been watching every second as I'm surfing the net, but from what I've seen it can be argued Paul won just because he's been the aggressor. Floyd basically did nothing but play keep away for laughs except for a few big punches landed.

RoboEight

Audience is booing lol Logan just kept holding him and Mayweather didnt do much pretty boring fight I was really hoping Mayweather woukd have done something cause he couldhave easily.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow Mayweather, and no doubt this was a canned exhibition fight. But is he typically this pleasant in after match speeches? Or just this time because it was a farcical fight?

RoboEight

In my eyes Floyd is legitimately 50-1 now. Disgraceful.
It really should have been an actual fight because it feels like with nothing to lose it didn't matter. Mayweather showed up to collect a check and when they went to Paul's corner they were basically like just one more round and you did it so it was clear that was his goal considering the last round was a hugging match.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It really should have been an actual fight because it feels like with nothing to lose it didn't matter. Mayweather showed up to collect a check and when they went to Paul's corner they were basically like just one more round and you did it so it was clear that was his goal considering the last round was a hugging match.
Ya. No wonder Mayweather didn't turn it up to win.

I didn't know this match didn't have a winner. I thought it was the same as the McGregor fight where there's an official winner/loser.

RoboEight

Ya. No wonder Mayweather didn't turn it up to win.

I didn't know this match didn't have a winner. I thought it was the same as the McGregor fight where there's an official winner/loser.
Not in an exhibition match sadly. It would have been nice to still have it judged though just for the fight even if it doesn't count.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Logan Paul did pretty good. Dodged like every serious punch by Mayweather.

SJRB

Gold Member
The reason this match wouldn't have a winner is probably because everyone is a loser.

It's just sad.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Read on the Mail that Paul will get £14m for this and when the PPV receipts come in Mayweather could get close to £70m. Exhibition match, no judges, that much cash being split. Yeah no shit Mayweather didn’t rock Paul and give him brain damage, as Mayweather has said this is a legalised robbery, and they are in it as partners together.

Last edited:

INC

What a joke boxing is nowadays, when this is a the best they can do

Even worse when you have dossers like fury and Joshua as the biggest stars currently

Might as well go full WWE at this point, its embarrassing

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Boxing has fallen so far. It's basically a joke sport now with no legitimacy and a willingness to sell out for any kind of short term boost and paycheck.

Mayweather didn't prove himself smart by collecting a big paycheck, he demonstrated how willing he and the sport are to rig matches for profitable results thereby bringing his entire career and legacy into question.

Top Bottom