• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foiled Iranian bomb plot

cryptoadam

Banned
FOILED IRANIAN BOMB PLOT

Onthe eve of a visit by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to Europe, two suspects in Belgium were detained and charged with preparing a terrorist attack. A diplomat from the Iranian Embassy in Austria was arrested in Germany.

The plot uncovered in Belgium involved a husband and wife in their thirties detained with 500 gr. of a home-made explosive and a detonator in their car. The diplomat, stopped on a road in Bavaria on Sunday night was allegedly in contact with them. The target of the lot was a meeting on June 30 of the National Council of Resistance of Iran

On Monday, The Jerusalem Post revealed that the German intelligence report from the state of Bavaria accused the Islamic Republic of seeking to turn its conventional military weapons into weapons of mass destruction in April. Iran was also accused of a plot against former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak.

Seems like a story that isn't being talked about. Kinda a big deal that Iran was going to bomb a target in Europe, especially at the same time Iranians are meeting with Europeans.

trikster40

Yikes, good thing they caught this. I’ll never quite grasp these type of terroristic acts. They tend to unify more than tear apart.

cryptoadam

Banned
Germany charges Iranian diplomat for bomb plot near Paris

Germany’s federal prosecutor on Wednesday charged Assadollah Assadi, an Iranian diplomat based in Vienna, with hiring a Belgium couple of Iranian origin to bomb a Paris-based conference of Iranian dissidents.

German authorities arrested Assadi in Bavaria on July 2. Belgian citizens Amir Sadoni and Nassim Nomeni were also arrested for conspiring to bomb the conference.

The federal prosecutor said the Assadi provided an explosive device to the Belgian couple in Luxembourg.

Assadi served as the third ranking diplomat in Iran’s embassy in Vienna. The federal prosecutor’s office said Assadi was a member of Iran’s intelligence agency, the Ministry of Intelligence and Security. His work for the MOIS involved the “intensive observation and combating of opposition groups within and outside of Iran,” the prosecutor’s office said.

Sorry for the bump didn't want to start a new thread.

This whole story doesn't seem to be getting any play anywhere and it just got more serious with Germany bringing charges.

This isn't some offshoot or lone wolf, this is an Iranian diplomat and member of Iraninan intelligence agency planning a terrorist attack on European soil. Regardless that the attack was agaidiasporia Iranians its still bombing a building in Europe and I am sure there were many Parisians there as well.

Ironcially this was taking place while Iran was meeting with EU heads to save the JCOPA. Talk about biting that hand that feeds or cutting your nose to spite your face.

Ka-Kui

At this point I wouldn't put anything past Israel and Mossad to conjure something in order to justify their war cry.

Cato

Banned
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

Israel has a history of this shit. Israel has been going on and on about wanting a war with Iran, I'm putting two and two together. Especially moreso seeing as you're the thread creator.

I'm just making a safe guess.

Your theory is that Mossad planned a false flag operation that involved infiltrating the Iranian Diplomatic corps and get an undercover agent to become appointed as an Iranian diplomat in Vienna?

I agree with the other poster, you have more tinfoil hats to sell?

Ka-Kui

Anything involving Israel is suspect in my eyes. That IMO is the smart thing to do. The Lavon affair occurred, the attack on USS Liberty occurred, the Suez crisis occurred. These are historical facts.

Anything involving Israel is suspect in my eyes. That IMO is the smart thing to do. The Lavon affair occurred, the attack on USS Liberty occurred, the Suez crisis occurred. These are historical facts.

Please enlighten me where this article provides any scope of involvement of Israel in the article in the OP. Do you have `other` sources or do you just so happen to think Israel is to blame for any and all things terrorist?

Ka-Kui

Three things:

1. Israel has a proven history of false flag and covert operations in order to manipulate events to suit their agenda.

2. Israel has been continuously talking about a possible war with Iran for years.

3. The news source is Israeli

Why does it seem like I'm talking to brick walls here? Why does my line of tjought not compute for you guys? At least address the argument instead of throwing "tin foil hats" around.

Here's a question, do you guys believe that Israel should go to war with Iran? Or that they have sufficient reason to do so?

Last edited:
Your theory is that Mossad planned a false flag operation that involved infiltrating the Iranian Diplomatic corps and get an undercover agent to become appointed as an Iranian diplomat in Vienna?

I agree with the other poster, you have more tinfoil hats to sell?

It's not a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory - it has a historical basis and a reasonable foundation.

Particularly as Iran has very little involvement in anti-western terrorism (not counting Israel as "western", of course, but then it is not).

cryptoadam

Banned
Three things:

1. Israel has a proven history of false flag and covert operations in order to manipulate events to suit their agenda.

2. Israel has been continuously talking about a possible war with Iran for years.

3. The news source is Israeli

Why does it seem like I'm talking to brick walls here? Why does my line of tjought not compute for you guys? At least address the argument instead of throwing "tin foil hats" around.

Here's a question, do you guys believe that Israel should go to war with Iran? Or that they have sufficient reason to do so?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

Bahrain
On the evening of September 30, 2015, Bahraini security forces discovered a large bomb-making factory in Nuwaidrat and arrested a number of suspects linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guards. The next day, October 1, Bahrain recalls its ambassador to Iran and asked the Iranian acting charge d’affaires to leave the kingdom within 72 hours after he was declared persona non-grata. Bahrain's decision to recall its ambassador comes "in light of continued Iranian meddling in the affairs of the kingdom of Bahrain in order to create sectarian strife and to impose hegemony and control.[9][10]

On January 6, 2016, Bahrain said it had dismantled a terrorist cell allegedly linked to Revolutionary Guard and Hezbollah. Bahraini interior ministry said the cell was planning to carry out a “series of dangerous bombings” on the kingdom, and that many members were arrested including the group's leaders, 33-year-old twins Ali and Mohammed Fakhrawi.[11]

India
In July 2012, The Times of India reported that New Delhi police have concluded that terrorists belonging to a branch of Iran’s military, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, were responsible for an attack on 13 February 2012, during which a bomb explosion targeted an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi, India, wounding one embassy staff member, a local employee, and two passers-by. According to the report, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards may have planned other attacks on Israeli targets around the world as well.[12][13][14]

During the 1980s and 1990s, a wave of kidnappings, bombings, and assassinations of Western targets, particularly American and Israeli, occurred in Lebanon and other countries. The attacks, attributed to Hezbollah, have included:

• The 1982-1983 Tyre headquarters bombings
  • The blowing up of a van filled with explosives in front of the U.S. embassy in Beirut killing 58 Americans and Lebanese in 1983.
  • The 1983 Beirut barracks bombing of the U.S. Marine and French 'Drakkar' barracks which killed 241 American and 58 French peacekeepers. On May 30, 2003, a U.S. federal judge ruled that Hezbollah carried out the attack at the direction of the Iranian government.[22]
  • The 1983 Kuwait bombings in collaboration with the Iraqi Dawa Party.[23]
  • The 1984 United States embassy annex bombing, killing 24 people.[24]
  • The hijacking of TWA flight 847 holding the 39 Americans on board hostage for weeks in 1985 and murder of one U.S. Navy sailor
  • The Lebanon hostage crisis from 1982 to 1992.[25]
  • According to Middle East analyst James Philips, an August 1989 bombing in London was a failed Hezbollah assassination attempt on Indian-born British author Salman Rushdie, after the Iranian government put a $2.5 million bounty on his head over the novel The Satanic Verses.[26][27] Iranian officials have repeatedly called for Rushdie's death as recently as 2005.[28]
  • The bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina killing twenty-nine people in 1992. Hezbollah operatives boasted of involvement.[29]
  • The bombing of a Jewish community center in Argentina killing 85 people in 1994. Hezbollah claimed responsibility.[30] Argentine justice accused Iran of being behind the attacks because of Buenos Aires' decision to suspend a nuclear material delivery and technology transfer.[31]
  • The 1994 AC Flight 901 attack, killing 21 people, in Panama. Hezbollah claimed responsibility.[32]
  • The 1996 Khobar Towers bombing, killing 19 US servicemen. On December 22, 2006, federal judge Royce C. Lamberth ruled that Iran was responsible for the attack, stating "The totality of the evidence at trial...firmly establishes that the Khobar Towers bombing was planned, funded, and sponsored by senior leadership in the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The defendants' conduct in facilitating, financing, and providing material support to bring about this attack was intentional, extreme, and outrageous."[33]
  • The 2012 Burgas bus bombing, killing 6, in Bulgaria.[34] Hezbollah is believed to have carried out that attack on its own accord, without any Iranian involvement or foreknowledge.[35]

Kenya
Aggrey Adoli, police chief in Kenya's coastal region, said on 22 June 2012 that two Iranians, Ahmad Abolfathi Mohammad and Sayed Mansour Mousavi, believed to members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force,[46] were arrested and suspected of being involved in terrorism. One of the Iranians led counter-terrorism officers to recover 15 kilograms of a powdery substance believed to be explosive.[47] The two Iranians allegedly admitted to plotting to attack United States, Israeli, Saudi, or British targets in Kenya.[46] In court, Police Sgt. Erick Opagal, an investigator with Kenya's Anti-Terrorism Police Unit, said that the two Iranians had shipped over 100 kilograms of powerful explosives into Kenya.[48]

It was later revealed that the targets included Gil Haskel, Israel's ambassador to Kenya. During a visit to Kenya in August, Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon praised Kenya for its efforts in stopping Iranian terror threats against Israeli and Jewish targets. Uganda, Ethiopia, and Kenya all expressed concern with Ayalon regarding Iran's attempts to increase terror activity in Africa

The AMIA bombing was an attack on the Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina (AMIA; Argentine Israelite Mutual Association) building. It occurred in Buenos Aires on 18 July 1994, killing 85 people and injuring hundreds.[11] It was Argentina's deadliest bombing ever.

The 2012 Bangkok bombings were a series of explosions that occurred in Bangkok, Thailand on 14 February 2012, injuring five people. Thai authorities said that the bombings were a botched attempt by Iranian nationals to assassinate Israeli diplomats.[1] Several Iranians were arrested and charged for the attacks, one of whom was badly injured.

Proven history? Who has the proven history of international bombings and terrorism?

and here are some non isreali sources.

https://news.sky.com/story/iranian-diplomat-charged-over-paris-bomb-plot-11433483

https://www.thenational.ae/world/eu...ition-in-paris-extradited-to-belgium-1.749547

www.arabnews.com/node/1337346/world

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44696311

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

Ah that's fantastic, so it looks like you can't trust Israel or Iran.

But something tells me that you won't be satisfied with that conclusion.

I've no doubt you want to explain why Israel is more saintly.

cryptoadam

Banned
Ah that's fantastic, so it looks like you can't trust Israel or Iran.

But something tells me that you won't be satisfied with that conclusion.

I've no doubt you want to explain why Israel is more saintly.

Your the one who brought Israel into this on a story about an Iranian attempted terrorist attack on French soil. So stop deflecting and blaming Joooos.

Israel has nothing to do with this story and you far fetched conspiracy theories has as much weight as Iran claiming Israel is stealing its clouds.

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

Because your agenda for spreading Israeli propaganda isn't lost on me, I'm just addressing it up front.

My point still stands in relation to this story. It's an Israeli source,. Israel's history in assasination, false flag, and other covert operations isn't mitigated by Iran having a similar history. Plus they've been talking about wanting a war with Iran for years.

I'm simply doubting that everything is so clear cut, and I feel justified to do so. Throwing around "conspiracy theory", "the joos", and "tin foil hats" for not taking this story at face value is ludicrous.

luigimario

Banned
Because your agenda for spreading Israeli propaganda isn't lost on me, I'm just addressing it up front.

My point still stands in relation to this story. It's an Israeli source,. Israel's history in assasination, false flag, and other covert operations isn't mitigated by Iran having a similar history. Plus they've been talking about wanting a war with Iran for years.

I'm simply doubting that everything is so clear cut, and I feel justified to do so. Throwing around "conspiracy theory", "the joos", and "tin foil hats" for not taking this story at face value is ludicrous.

Despite you mentioning isreali history with false flag operations, not a single member of the gaf idf have addressed it, and instead deflected.

I think its reasonable to be suspicious....

cryptoadam

Banned

I provided other sources, and now you are deflecting that the German prosecution is somehow also controlled by the Israeli's as well. The article isn't alleging the plot its pointing out that the German federal prosecutor put charges forward.

Israel has nothing to do with story except that I used JPOST as a source rather than the BBC or other outlets which are also reporting the story.

So you doubt the plot but immediately jump to its an Israeli conspiracy and i am the one with an agenda spreading propaganda.

Anyways continue living in your fantasy land. Hopefully others will actually discuss the issue of an attempted terrorist bombing by Iran on European soil.

And Israel hasn't been talking about a war with Iran, its the other way around. Not to long ago Bibi spoke to the Iranian people offering them help on their drought issues. Its Iran that has been drumming the war beat with its death to Israel garbage. Iran is the one with proxies in Lebanon and Gaza and is activley setting up troops and military bases in Syria. But thats neither here nor there and doesn't have to do with Iranians attempt to bomb an anti-Mullah group.

Occams razor my friend. An anti-regime group that wanst to overthow the Mullahs, that Iran consideres a terrorist group is more likely to be bombed by the Iranian regime than to be a false flag operation that involves an Iranian diplomat and member of Irans spy agency and then fooled the German prosecutor on top of it.

And Israel hasn't been talking about a war with Iran, its the other way around. Not to long ago Bibi spoke to the Iranian people offering them help on their drought issues. Its Iran that has been drumming the war beat with its death to Israel garbage. Iran is the one with proxies in Lebanon and Gaza and is activley setting up troops and military bases in Syria. But thats neither here nor there and doesn't have to do with Iranians attempt to bomb an anti-Mullah group.

Are you high?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/04/netanyahu-iran-nuclear-deal/559250/

cryptoadam

Banned

And that isn't beating the drums of war that is coming out against a deal that is bad for Israel. Israel just wants the Mullahs gone nothing against normally iranians that Bibi has reached out to with positive messages many times.

Meanwhile Iran:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-i...ia-lebanon-awaiting-orders-to-destroy-israel/

n a recent speech, the deputy commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) boasted that the “Islamic army in Syria” in the Golan Heights was awaiting orders to eradicate the “evil regime” of Israel.

He also said the Tehran-backed Hezbollah terror group had 100,000 missiles aimed at Israel.

“Today an international Islamic army has been formed in Syria, and the voices of the Muslims are heard near the Golan,” he said. “Orders are awaited, so that… the eradication of the evil regime [Israel] will land and the life of this regime will be ended for good. The life of the Zionist regime was never in danger as it is now.”

Salami stressed that “the Zionist regime constitutes a threat… to the entire Islamic world. That is the philosophy of the establishment of this regime.”

But congrats you guys have derailed a thread about an attempted Iranian terrorist attack to Israeli conspiracy theories. Your Iranian paymasters would be proud.

Ka-Kui

"Bibi"? Well, all of the propaganda makes sense now...

I don't like Iran, I don't care about them. I don't like their involvement and influence in Syria. Let's ignore rhetoric and face reality though, they haven't invaded a country in more than two centuries. Israel on the other hand just withdrew from Lebanon in 2000 - and still continued to violate after.

You also don't deny Israel's history in false flag and covert operations. I know Israelis are quite proud of this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...iran-and-israel-step-up-rhetoric-6358873.html

That was back in 2012. Israel has become a paranoid state just looking to ensure it has no possible threat outside its borders.

Last edited:
Despite you mentioning isreali history with false flag operations, not a single member of the gaf idf have addressed it, and instead deflected.

I think its reasonable to be suspicious....

You can make another thread about it and those who want to engage with it will post there correct?

Basically you are saying you think Germany is being bamboozled by Israel. I'll need more than past sins to start assigning blame on a story that is still unfolding.

cryptoadam

Banned
"Bibi"? Well, all of the propaganda makes sense now...

I don't like Iran, I don't care about them. I don't like their involvement and influence in Syria. Let's ignore rhetoric and face reality though, they haven't invaded a country in more than two centuries. Israel on the other hand just withdrew from Lebanon in 2000 - and still continued to violate after.

You also don't deny Israel's history in false flag and covert operations. I know Israelis are quite proud of this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...iran-and-israel-step-up-rhetoric-6358873.html

That was back in 2012. Israel has become a paranoid state just looking to ensure it has no possible threat outside its borders.

Germans, Russians, Americans all did false flags too but the first country that pops in your mind is Israel.

anyways if when you see an article about an Iranian plot to bomb an anti-regime rally and the first thing you think of is Israel your opinion stand on its own.

Israel is the paranoid one when Iran has two proxies set up in Lebanon(Hezbolla) and Gaza(Hamas) and is looking to build military bases in another neighbor in Syria. You wouldn't think twice if the country that calls for death to Israel and wants to build nukes is surrounding you and building up its military in your backyard? I know you don't like Israeli's but they aren't stupid. They have plenty of reason to suspect Iran.

and kinda timely article

https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/07/...oy-wanted-by-argentina-for-1994-amia-bombing/

Putin met on Thursday with Ali Akbar Velayati, a senior adviser to the regime’s “supreme leader,” Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, greeting him warmly in front of reporters. Velayati was Iran’s foreign minister at the time of the AMIA atrocity on July 18, 1994, when 85 people died and hundreds more were wounded after a truck packed with explosives drove into the Jewish organization’s main building in the Argentine capital.

Velayati was also present at a meeting of top Iranian security officials in the city of Mashhad on August 14, 1993, where the decision to bomb the AMIA building is understood to have been made.

Velayati’s face-to-face with Putin on Thursday came just 36 hours after Judge Rodolfo Canicoba Corral requested his arrest by the Russian authorities. It was Judge Corral who issued international arrest warrants for Velayati and seven other Iranian and Lebanese operatives in 2006. Corral also tried unsuccessfully to secure Velayati’s arrest under the same warrant in 2016, when the Iranian visited Singapore and Malaysia.

But you will probably tell me that was also a false flag by the Israelis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom