• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of Canned 360/PS3 Games (Videos Inside)

smik

stumbled across unseen64 and i was suprised to find games that i havent even heard of which were in development for the 360/PS3 which were Canned, some which i have heard of like Faith and a .45 which were also cancelled

not all of them are special but alot of the them had some really interesting concepts, its to bad

Cipher Complex

Cipher Complex is an action game that was created for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
by Edge of Reality Games. The game was going to be published by SEGA, but in mid
2009 (after 3 years of work) it seems that they decided to stop the development

cipher-complex-20060622021510326_640w.jpg

(VIDEO)

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...lex/videos/ciphercomplexinterview_112806.html

COPS

Cops: The Police Experience is a cancelled action game that was in development at Pyro
Studios from 2003 (early concepts and prototype) to 2008, that would have been
published for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. As we can read on Anait Games, in
december 2008 the studio laid off 30 employees just before the xmas holiday and the
Cops project was officially canned.

cops-pyro-04.jpg

cops-pyro-07.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xawtid_cops_videogames

Road Rash

A new game in the Road Rash series was in development by EA Warrington in 2006, but the project was soon cancelled and the studio was closed.
It’s still possible that the Road Rash concept created at EA Warrington could be resurrected sometime in the future in the “bigger” EA UK studio.

snap.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4&feature=player_embedded

Faith and a .45 didnt know this got canned

Faith and a .45 was an action game developed by Deadline Games for the Xbox 360 and
PlayStation 3. The story would have follow a couple named Luke and Ruby, two outlaws
during the Great Depression
Sadly they were not able to find a publisher interested in the project, so Faith and a .45 had to be put on hold and probably we’ll never be able to play it.

faithanda45.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKx-iwn0vQ

smik

goldenpp72 said:
I hope games can look like that first shot one day.

if games can hit that concept image type of look then ill be satisfied, games are getting really close though this gen (Uncharted 2)

Varth

What about making that the "missing in action" thread?

I'd really like to know what's going on with troubled/mysterious titles like

Ride to Hell
They
I am Alive
Beyond Good and Evil 2
The Crossing

Any clues/links about cancellation/delays?

Faith and a .45 getting canned really sucked. All the shit that gets released these days and that developer wasn't able to find anyone to publish something that looked like it had a lot of potential.

smik

SolidSnakex said:
Faith and a .45 getting canned really sucked. All the shit that gets released these days and that developer wasn't able to find anyone to publish something that looked like it had a lot of potential.

its not that hard to see that this Faith has a great foudation with themes,story and its gameplay,
im sure someone will pick it up, how do games likes Rogue Warrior and Wanted WOF and countless
other games i havent mention be made, but these dont...

smik said:
its not that hard to see that this Faith has a great foudation with themes,story and its gameplay,
im sure someone will pick it up, how do games likes Rogue Warrior and Wanted WOF and countless

It won't get picked up because the developer was shut down. They couldn't find anyone to publish the game (or other games) so they went under.

smik said:
Faith and a .45 didnt know this got canned

Faith and a .45 was an action game developed by Deadline Games for the Xbox 360 and
PlayStation 3. The story would have follow a couple named Luke and Ruby, two outlaws
during the Great Depression
Sadly they were not able to find a publisher interested in the project, so Faith and a .45 had to be put on hold and probably we’ll never be able to play it.

faithanda45.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKx-iwn0vQ

Was wondering what happened to that, sucks they couldn't find a publisher.

smik

adelante said:
I'm hoping for TakeTwo or some other publisher to wrestle the rights from George Broussard's hands. :(

reading that article yestrday about DNF journey i was laughing at how incredibly stupid Broussard is for always going for the complete do over just to compete with what he saw in other games, no wonder why it never got released.

In this bussiness your never going to be the talk of the town if your amazed/copying other peoples ideas, you need to think ahead of other people and create something you think is appealing

but the article was a little sad though, people have wasted their lives and talent trying to make DNF

Rlan

Not footage, but Hoopworld was one of the first Xbox Live Arcade games announced, but never saw the light to day on the console.

930962_20060323_screen004.jpg

In a bizarre twist, it's been brought out of retirement and will be coming to WiiWare sometime in 2010.

smik

Ardorx said:
Cipher Complex was canned? Damn.

sad but true...

after 3 years of work you would think sega would show some faith, Cipher Complex is the one that got away imo

glaurung

The cancelled games of this generation that I really miss include The White Council, Dirty Harry and Harker.

Even if all of those would have turned out as total pigswill, the potential in those concepts would have been awesome.

Edit: Oh well, it turns out Harker was developed by the same guys who are raping Front Mission's sequel onto the store shelves. Maybe it's for the best.

DodgerSan

smik said:
sad but true...

after 3 years of work you would think sega would show some faith, Cipher Complex is the one that got away imo

Yeah but given their history with stuff like the Aliens rpg, it's not surprising.

hiro4

Rlan said:
Not footage, but Hoopworld was one of the first Xbox Live Arcade games announced, but never saw the light to day on the console.

930962_20060323_screen004.jpg

In a bizarre twist, it's been brought out of retirement and will be coming to WiiWare sometime in 2010.

This will probably be a problem since the developers: Streamline Studios went down under.
Also there is a reason why it never got onto XBLA.

obaidr

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
not even close, nothing, crysis included, is. Uncharted 2 is beautiful and all but it has no right being compared to concept art like that.

well the atmosphere on the art work is made up by the lighting. To be honest i dont see why that should not be already possible. Other then the lighting i don't see anything too heavy on that pic.

Zenith

Banned
Cops looked great.

The closest we've got to a decent police action game is SWAT4 and the first level of Condemned.

NeXuSDK

Faith and a .45 was developed by danish Deadline Games, which has now been shut down. Unfortunately, since they were our only other AAA developer in Denmark besides IO Interactive. I've talked to a lot of Deadline people about it and they had a lot of troubles selling the idea to american publishers, who didn't believe in its market value. Initially, Faith and a .45 was set in a post-apocalyptic setting ala Fallout, which publishers didn't see value... now look at Fallout. Then they changed the theme to something Bonnie & Clyde inspired, set in the era of the great depression and still developers could not see the potential. Ah well...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Remember that game...Metronome or something?

Not sure if there was footage of it.

But all this reminds me of such games...those publisher-less hopefuls that appear at the start of a generation, before other pubs or devs announce their next gen games. Hoping to catch some attention by lieu of being the 'first' next-gen games to talk about.

I guess it won't be very long before we have the next round of such games for ps4/720/wii2 etc...

Denzar

Oh man. Too bad Faith and a .45 got canned. Deadline games is not a triple A dev, but I really enjoyed Total Overdose and Chilli Con Carnage.

Those games were just really fun to play and had a certain whimsical style to them I loved.

Nolan.

I miss Elveon, and that lara croft-esque action game from that greek developer which was apparently picked up by Ms but went quiet.

Gagaman

EA would be silly not to make a new Road rash at this point. get the Burnout guys on it or something. Pretty please?

Zen

Banned
Pylon_Trooper said:
What about the PS3 Coded Arms game that got canned? That looked pretty awesome.

Although the gameplay was questionable, I loved the vibe it was giving off. Was either Coded Arms on the PSP any good? I seem to remember they just couldn't get to grips with Unreal 3, but I might be entirely wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIFrQbkhD4&fmt=18

I sort of wish Konami would take a chance on it again for PS3/360. They've been entirely too conservative in the past few years. A good stylish shooter like what Coded Arms could be, would probably have decent potential in the western market.

EDIT:

Gameplay footage of Coded Arms Assault
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85zUS4KjD_4&feature=related

Maybe Konami could look at finding a western publisher to take on the project with the Japaneese staff handling the creative and art side, I mean it basically looks to play exactly like an HD version of the PSP games. Still though. I feel like it's an AI that never found itself, for lack of a better term.

Zenith

Banned
What about that Polish game that had robots and aliens that looked like the things from Spirits Within?

Or that Bourne-like game that had concept art set around the Capitol building?

Top Bottom