We've barely started the new season, and already we need a new OT, so here it is!
Thanks to CaramaC and elseanio for the awesome banner and league graphics respectively
What will happen?
- Will Villas Boas be a success at Chelsea?
- Will Sneijder/Modric/
- Will Liverpool's strategy of spending big on British players pay off?
- How ambitious will Venky's be approaching the new season with Blackburn?
- Will John Henry still administer verbal beatdowns to anyone who's deserving of them?
- How will Torres fare at Chelsea this season?
- Is the recent instability over for Aston Villa?
- Who will emerge victorious from the Real v Barca battle?
- Will a French village team attempt to sign Messi again?
- Can Dortmund continue their fantastic form from last season?
- How will Porto cope this season without AVB in charge?
- Will FIFA stick to their guns over the Qatar world cup situation?
- Will Man City still have the best website in the known universe?
- Will Gunnersaurus make his Premier League debut?
The Leagues (click a team to visit their website)
GAFfers' Clubs - which team is the best supported on GAF?
AC Milan - dschalter
Ajax - Arjen, Wessiej
Arsenal - Boozeroony, colonisation, DOBERMAN INC, Judderman, Kweh, Lightning, Meus, omgkitty, pix, Plasma
Aston Villa - Awesome Animals, rodvik, Wes
Barcelona - Messi, Verano
Bayern - Blablurn, elsk, Hasphat'sAnts, Nemic77, spidye
Benfica - rvy
Besiktas - besiktas1
Blackburn - Jeff Albertson
Borussia Dortmund - Phantast2k
Celtic - Sage00
Chelsea - flintstryker, Gaaraz, GQman2121, Help Me!, JWong, Kylehimself, SenorDingDong, steverulez, xintin
Club Deportivo Guadalajara - Regulus Tera
Copenhagen - BatmanBatmanBatman
Corinthians - seabee
Everton - faridmon, sazabirules, Temrer
Fenerbahce - UV-6
Fulham - xbhaskarx
Juventus - Charles, Shake Appeal, Smeghead, Yurt, Zabojnik
Leeds United - amitaiwinehouse
Liverpool - Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry8, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, Vard, Yenrot
Malaga - tolkir
Man City - BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Kermit the Dog, Manager
Man Utd - blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, fahatzara, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, magnificent83, pappe, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Stubo, Tim the Wiz, Wilbury, WJD, yella
Newcastle - JesusTom, Keio
New York Red Bulls - Judderman
Olympiakos - gate777
Palermo - Joe
Porto - Letters, RaGe_pt, tonitoni
Real Madrid - Anastacio, MPW, Noirulus, Spanish Wrath
QPR - Polari
Sheffield Wednesday - Mat C
Sunderland - HixxSAFC, madmackem
Tottenham - Bungieware, Clydefrog, near, Scum, Ushojax
Let me know your team and I'll add you to the list.
This Is Football
Goals of 2010/2011
A Life for a Goal - The Ultimate Ronaldo movie - Fantastic 41-part, 6 hour film about Il Fenomeno
General Information / FAQs
Football - Wikipedia
Statto - League tables as they were at a chosen time of the season, plus form tables, goals etc
Who Scored? - Live match statistics plus stats archive
Q. I'm looking to get more into watching football. Which team should I support?
A. The simple answer is, support whoever you want. But crucially, pick a team and stick with them, through the good times and the bad. If you change allegiances as soon as your chosen team has a bit of a hard time, you won't experience what it's truly like to be a fan. Besides, it just makes the good times all the better.
Q. Are there any matches being played today? / When is [X] game and is it on TV?
Check Live Football on TV for a list of upcoming matches. Note that the channels shown are mostly UK channels, but once you know the time of the game, you can check to see if it's being shown on local TV.
Blogs you may be interested in
The Swiss Ramble
The andersred Blog
The Football Ramble Blog
Said & Done (returning in time for the new season)
GAF's Fantasy Premier League - How to join
- Go to the Fantasy Premier League website
- Register, or log in if you already have an account
- Pick your team - you have £100 million total to spend. You can change your team up until a day or two before the season kicks off.
- Click on "Leagues" at the top of the page, then "Join League"
- Choose "Private league" and click Next
- Quote this post for the join code, which you will find inside the email tag right here:
NEW! GAF's Fantasy UEFA Champions League... leagues
- Go to http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/ to sign up
- Create your team - again, you have £100 million to spend in total.
- Click on "Leagues" and then "Join League"
- Quote to see the league join codes, one for the classic league, and one for the head to head league:
Bring on the rest of the new season!