• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Bungieware said:
Hopefully we'll get Damiao in January. We need another striker, 3 + Kane isn't enough.

Portugal-GAF, what does this mean:

LeandroDamiaoo Leandro Damiao
Saindo para o beira rio galera...Deus nos abençoe...fuiiiii

Leandro Damiao Leandro Damiao
Leaving for Beira Rio friends... God Bless us... Phew

It's gibberish. Maybe a stadium chant?

And it's the general feeling in our press that Damião will sign for Porto in December. Guess we'll have a fight then! hehehehe

FlyingTeacup said:
i didn't say that. you SAY that. go ahead, quote me.

gel as a team? play as a team? oh lord.
I don't know if you're deliberately trying to misinterpret me so that you don't have to admit I'm right, and I don't even care.

near

Gold Member
Oh snap, just remembered we still got G. dos Santos, no official confirmation of a move right? Wonder if Harry will give him a chance.

toythatkills said:
I don't know if you're deliberately trying to misinterpret me so that you don't have to admit I'm right, and I don't even care.

please enlighten me the difference between gel as a team and play as a team.

pls also enlighten me how you do you know they are going to gel or play (please pick one) as a team when they have never play in the same bloody team.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
near said:
Oh snap, just remembered we still got G. dos Santos, no official confirmation of a move right? Wonder if Harry will give him a chance.

'Arry said Dos Santos is staying and wants to give him a chance which is a load of bollocks overall.

FlyingTeacup said:
please enlighten me the difference between gel as a team and play as a team.

pls also enlighten me how you do you know they are going to gel or play (please pick one) as a team when they have never play in the same bloody team.
Because we're talking in different tenses. When I say they can play as a team, I mean that they're allowed to play as a team, I suppose. They're free to play as a team whereas before they were only able to play around Cesc.

I'm not trying to say that "they can play as a team because I've seen them play as a team and so I know they make a great team," or anything like that.

Maybe it's not something that comes across in text and I can't think of a better way to put it. You're putting the emphasis on "can" and there's not meant to be any there. I'm not saying what you think I said, anyway.

near

Gold Member
Crouch confirmed £10million move to Stoke.

0,,10310~9949619,00.jpg

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2438170,00.html

Seep

If you blue noses can't cope with a bit of banter you should've picked a better team to support, because if you lived Liverpool you wouldv'e hung yourselves by now.

GQman2121

Banned
near said:
Crouch confirmed £10million move to Stoke.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/javaImages/b3/d1/0,,10310~9949619,00.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2438170,00.html[/url][/QUOTE]

You can just imagine him saying to himself: [I]"Got ya bitches"[/I]

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Maurizio Zamparini reveals he sacked Stefano Pioli “while waiting for Delio Rossi to come back to the Palermo bench

No this is not a joke lol.. This is the same coach he sacked, rehired then dumped last season.

near

Gold Member
I'm glad we sold Crouch. We always use the same formula when we play him, it worked for awhile but once other teams picked up on the strategy it became ineffective. We got a fantastic deal on him, £10million was infact the region we signed him for to begin with.

FlyingTeacup said:
for someone who don't even care, you're quite a windbag.
I see, I try and help you out with understanding what I mean and you just act like a prick?

Done being nice to moronic Arsenal supporters, then. At least I've seen a few in here with some sense.

Yurt said:
No this is not a joke lol.. This is the same coach he sacked, rehired then dumped last season.

He owes a lot to the guy who finds these incredible South American players for Palermo, whoever he is. They would be completely fucked without him.

PaulLFC

Kermit The Dog said:
Meireles to Chelse? Yikes. Spin that one Pool fans.
Spin it? He wanted to leave, he handed a transfer request in 30 minutes before the transfer deadline, he left. What's there to spin? Very happy with our squad additions as I said. Not like he was an absolutely vital part of the team like Xabi was when he left...

Messi

Kermit The Dog said:

raul stuck a big middle finger up to all liverpool fans with 30 mins to go. i would not want a player like that at my club. if he does not want to play then goodbye.

great player though.

Yurt said:

and he said "Rossi destroyed my Palermo". 5 weeks before hiring him again and then a few weeks later was hugging with him after the Milan game.

And this year on Pioli :

June 4 : "I want to make a bet: Pioli will remain the coach of Palermo for the next three years."
July 4 : "Pioli is very capable and very humble, a excellent technician and I am convinced will remain for many years. "

Now he just sounds like someone trying to get his girlfriend back and thinking palermo supporters will be happy even though he sold the whole spine of the team.

"I have entrusted the team to Mangia, waiting for Delio Rossi decide if he will return as coach of Palermo. Like him, I got myself a 'pause for reflection' and I have entrusted the team to Mangia. If Mangia should lead the team to a resounding victory against Inter, maybe continue - otherwise I will wait Rossi. And so the people of Palermo will be happy ."

Fucking Zamps.

Yen

Messi said:
raul stuck a big middle finger up to all liverpool fans with 30 mins to go. i would not want a player like that at my club. if he does not want to play then goodbye.

great player though.
Remember Kenny said if there's a player at the club who doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want him at the club.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Salazar said:
Someone needs another 8-2 mashing.

lol. I don't think Meus could handle another 8-2 drubbing. He might support the spurs next time that happens to Arse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
and he said "Rossi destroyed my Palermo". 5 weeks before hiring him again and then a few weeks later was hugging with him after the Milan game.

As a Palermo fan, what do you make of this ? I really feel bad for the players and fans.

Arnie

Kermit The Dog said:
No spinning necessary, from a Liverpool perspective it's a loss, but not a devastating one. Raul was a great asset to the squad and a shining light in what was a dark season at points last year. I'm grateful for what he did at the club but also put off by his ambitions to join Chelsea and leave Anfield. We've got Henderson to play in his position, as has been the case so far this season and we've done okay along the way, in fact as I think you'll agree we played our best football for a long time last week against Bolton and Meireles was nowhere to be seen.

Nobody's pointing this out as a good thing and anyone that tries to won't look very genuine. What people may say, and they have a valid point is this isn't as big a loss as a Xabi or a Torres(at first glance) where we had to change a vital asset in the way we as a team play football.

The biggest sore point to me is we took £16 million on Deadline day that we can't re-invest. Although now we've got first refusal rights on Hazard I'm sure that'll prove useful in the not so distant future.

sixghost

Arnie said:
No spinning necessary, from a Liverpool perspective it's a loss, but not a devastating one. Raul was a great asset to the squad and a shining light in what was a dark season at points last year. I'm grateful for what he did at the club but also put off by his ambitions to join Chelsea and leave Anfield. We've got Henderson to play in his position, as has been the case so far this season and we've done okay along the way, in fact as I think you'll agree we played our best football for a long time last week against Bolton and Meireles was nowhere to be seen.

Nobody's pointing this out as a good thing and anyone that tries to won't look very genuine. What people may say, and they have a valid point is this isn't as big a loss as a Xabi or a Torres(at first glance) where we had to change a vital asset in the way we as a team play football.

The biggest sore point to me is we took £16 million on Deadline day that we can't re-invest. Although now we've got first refusal rights on Hazard I'm sure that'll prove useful in the not so distant future.
Wasn't this debunked in numerous places? Even the Lille chairman refuted it I believe.

Arnie

sixghost said:
Wasn't this debunked in numerous places? Even the Lille chairman refuted it I believe.
Must've been away for that one. Oh well. I guess I was lured in by the validity of the BBC and Phil McNulty himself. Won't make that mistake again.

Yurt said:
As a Palermo fan, what do you make of this ? I really feel bad for the players and fans.

Honestly it seems like firing him was the right choice, it was a big mistake to hire him in the first place though. But it's not like it's going to get much better as no matter if the next manager (Rossi?) he will be fired within a year anyway especially as the team has lost its whole spine, so whoever gets the job will have a hard time doing anything decent with the team.

So yeah fans are angry, all the important players except a old Miccoli and Balzaretti are gone and Palermo were knocked out by Thun of the europa league. Going to be a terrible season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@tancredipalmeri Tancredi Palmeri
Fact that Amauri refused Olympique Marseille to stay in Juventus - no european cups, 7th forward in the line - is one of mistery of day

2uqhno9.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*Acceptance*

Our team this year is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last season. Marotta could've bought better players with the money he had, but still.. It's a positive transfer window compared to the horror show we suffered under Secco and him in the last several years.

It's hard to sell players who would rather rot on the bench than play elsewhere...but I really think we can offload a few of them in January and buy another CB maybe?

I still don't wanna see Marotta next year though.

Honestly it seems like firing him was the right choice, it was a big mistake to hire him in the first place though. But it's not like it's going to get much better as no matter if the next manager (Rossi?) he will be fired within a year anyway especially as the team has lost its whole spine, so whoever gets the job will have a hard time doing anything decent with the team.

Can't they do something with their contracts to prevent them from being sacked like this? The players need stability.

Arnie

Yurt said:
It's hard to sell players who would rather rot on the bench than play elsewhere...but I really think we can offload a few of them in January and buy another CB maybe?
The job we did should give you some hope. "Ruthless" is the only way to describe our attitude towards the deadwood at the club during this final week.

Well, that's the book on Sneijder closed. Some thoughts on United's future transfers, though:

• We need mobile reinforcements to Anderson and Cleverley in central midfield (outside of Mystery Virus Fletcher). I worry about how well our system of renewed fluidity will do with them injured, and Fergie might have shared the same concerns--enquiring about Ozil, and retaining some interest in Sneijder and Nasri at certain stages over the past few months is a fair indication of this.

I think Kagawa is one perfect candidate, as he also serves as a silver bullet for the eventual loss of both Giggs and Park since he plays the attacking role centrally and, if need be, on the left. But you've also got Morrisson, Pogba, and Tunnicliffe coming through. They can all provide mobility and are a balanced lot in terms of unique selling points. Whether we wait for them will depend on how well Carrick and Fletcher re-integrate into this fluid system, and how well those young players come along. There's a chance of no signings being necessary, but we'll have a good idea of it all by the end of this season.

• My suspicion is that Cleverson will always look vulnerable to some after the past several seasons of watching Carrick screen the back four. That dynamism, though, is a return to a destructive style of play we used to take pleasure in back in the 90s. Cleverson is a throwback to the days before the holding midfielder was enshrined as a devout institution by Jose in the PL.

However, whether or not we'll need the addition of a combative midfielder in the mold of M'Vila while using this fluid system will also become more clear as the season progresses. The return of Fletcher and the emergence of young players could also be a factor here, particularly the use of Jones on occasion.

• If Owen's contract isn't nenewed, it would leave us with: Rooney, Chicharito, Berbatov, Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf and the returning King. Will Berbatov stay? Can Macheda be consistently good? Will Diouf be given a chance? It's likely King will go on loan again, otherwise. There's a possibility everyone will stay, there's also a possibility that Fergie will give some of these players chances elsewhere; a lot of depth, but I could see the acquisition of an experienced back-up striker happening if a clear-out takes place, especially if Berbatov goes. Except, well, that's the case for Owen's contract to be renewed. Yes, I think we'll be identical up front next season, except for probably Diouf and maybe (but hopefully not) Berbatov going.

• No purchase of a back-up left-back happening quite yet. Evra shouldn't be shocked to find himself on the bench while Fabio plays the big cup finals soon, as he seems less able to compensate for high-risk endeavour going forward when it comes to defensive positioning these days. But over the course of a league season, it's a more forgiving curve, and I see him playing a valuable role for the next few seasons at least. Otherwise, Evans has proven a decent last resort at left-back.

The job we did should give you some hope. "Ruthless" is the only way to describe our attitude towards the deadwood at the club during this final week.

Out with the deadwood, in with the deadwood? (According to you last week, anyway?)

I fully expect Bellamy to tear holes in our defence. Guy is class. Not happy about that one at all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

That's what I'm hoping for :(

Arnie

Kermit The Dog said:
Out with the deadwood, in with the deadwood? (According to you last week, anyway?)

I fully expect Bellamy to tear holes in our defence. Guy is class. Not happy about that on at all.
I said could, not would. I'll reserve definitive judgement until I see the guy playing for us again, just don't like applying bandages rather than sewing things up longterm. That's just my own personal perspective and not meant as a knock to Bellamy at all. We need another striker for the long haul, and with the whole Meireles deal I'd have much preferred to take Sturridge who's able to provide far more from a long term perspective.

But I agree, the guy's got class and that was never my reservation, my reservation was his temperament which I pray he can keep in check. I know he'll fight for a place, I just hope it's in a non-literal sense.

Fry

Arnie said:
I said could, not would. I'll reserve definitive judgement until I see the guy playing for us again, just don't like applying bandages rather than sewing things up longterm. That's just my own personal perspective and not meant as a knock to Bellamy at all. We need another striker for the long haul, and with the whole Meireles deal I'd have much preferred to take Sturridge who's able to provide far more from a long term perspective.

But I agree, the guy's got class and that was never my reservation, my reservation was his temperament which I pray he can keep in check. I know he'll fight for a place, I just hope it's in a non-literal sense.

I myself think Bellamy will be boss with Suarez. Both hungry players and won't give up easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom