• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT6| doicare about injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

He has been going senile for a while though

To be honest nearly every choice is as good / bad as the next

There are only 2 worthwhile choices, Gerrard and Ferdinand. Capello is leaving after the Euros and its inevitable that any new manager would want to decide their captain going forward, so choosing someone like Hart would just run the risk that he is dumped after the tournament and his morale is depleted. Gerrard and Ferdinand would both be aware that their England careers are coming to an end and they would know that it would be a longshot for them to even make it to WC2014, so there would be no problem removing them from the captaincy afterwards.

Empty

John Motson says Hart should be England Captain.

i think he's a good choice. kicks the captaincy issue away for ages to reduce distractions, doesn't make it harder to drop players as he's very secure in his position which could be a nuisance with some candidates, there's players who will help lead with the armband or not up the pitch, and though you never know with footballers he seems like a great role model for young kids with his positivity and passion on the pitch and in interviews.

Ugh, so frustrating, it was a pretty open, end to end sort of match too, before Nolan's idiocy - now we're on the back foot and have to hope our defence (who were dismantled by fucking Ipswich on Tuesday) hold firm.

Nolan's such an poor substitute for Parker, but then again he was pretty much irreplaceable (fuck you Harry, you twitchy cunt).

Arsenal: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Coquelin, Song, Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott, van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Subs: Fabianski, Sagna, Park, Henry, Ramsey, Arshavin, Benayoun.

Blackburn: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Dunn, Modeste. Subs: Bunn, Formica, Orr, Rochina, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Hanley.

COME ON!

operon

Only 2 choices for captain atm are Gerrard and Ferdiand. Then a new captain to take England into the next world cup

Messi

Man, I really love the new home and away Brazil Kits. Also love the new spanish home and germany home.

International kits are the best.

Might even get Ronaldinho on this brazil kit (I don't care what anyone says)

LegoArmo

Ferdinand said he doesn't want to be captain, so that leaves Gerrard, who has fitness issues and might not play, so you'd have to pick someone else anyway. Hart is probably one of the only players who will start every match.

Plasma

Banned
Come on Arsenal lets get back to winning ways.

Good to see Ramsey given a rest he has looked completely knackered we really should have brought somebody in to give him a bit of cover.

ButtYurt, that actually is the way I react whenever Salazar attempts one of his constant, always rubbish, apparently humorous interjections. They make the skin scrawl.

Big games this weekend. Cock-nose, I'm in your trench this weekend brother. Begrudgingly, I'll also be hoping for a Liverpool win two weeks in succession. Makes the skin crawl.
I've never been referred to by tag before. It's quite novel.

Ashes

Banned
Man, I really love the new home and away Brazil Kits. Also love the new spanish home and germany home.

International kits are the best.

Might even get Ronaldinho on this brazil kit (I don't care what anyone says)

you're not messi.

Id make Gerrard captain for the Euro's. He's been captain before and he's been captain of Liverpool for years so he can slot right in and do the job no problem. I also think he performs better as captain.

Beyond that I'd say Hart. But giving it to Hart now might not be the best idea. He's still early on in his England career and this will be his first major tournament. Let him get through that and then when the next manager comes in see what he wants and which players are still in the squad. I've got no doubt Hart can do the job though, I think he's a good choice. He's a great player, speaks well and seems like a popular figure amongst the squad. Plus it'll be a good way to signal the new era of the England team. Time to ditch the old boys.

Messi

Spain's New away, Reals Home and AC's home seem to have leaked:

real-madrid-milan-ac-espagne-away-12-13.jpg

real-madrid-milan-ac-12-13.jpg

Madrid keeping up the trend of awesome kits :/ That I refuse to buy.

Spain Away, I personally think is lovely, but I love that colour.

AC home looks nice.

you're not messi.

I swear its me.

Oxx

I'm almost tempted by the Team GB Olympic shirt, but I can wait until the end of the year when it's in the bargain barrel.

Famous last words, but we're actually responding pretty positively since the sending off - Noble, Tomkins, O'Brian and Faubert in particular are running their socks off and passing well. COYI!!!

defel

Is the England captain really that important? We spend so much time concerning ourselves with who should be captain that we forget that actually winning a tournament doesn't require a good captain but a requires a good team. Luckily enough England are in a pretty good place as far as potential captains. We have lots of experienced players who demonstrate leadership and a young goalkeeper who looks like the captain of the future. Ultimately though, I dont care who is captain, what I care about is who plays in what position and how well they play together.

LOL at Gerrard as England captain. He's not even a great Liverpool captain. He seems too placid, he's weirdly uninspiring, and he's not the stoic figure you need in a timeless captain.

Brilliant player, not such a great leader, in my opinion.

Parker or Ferdinand for the Euro's, Micah Richards thereafter. I've never been big on having your keeper as your captain.

bjaelke

LOL at Gerrard as England captain. He's not even a great Liverpool captain. He seems too placid, he's weirdly uninspiring, and he's not the stoic figure you need in a timeless captain.

Brilliant player, not such a great leader, in my opinion.

Parker or Ferdinand for the Euro's, Micah Richards thereafter. I've never been big on having your keeper as your captain.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

How we've missed your nonsense around here...

Anderson

And according to the BBC its the first time in the PL he's reached 20 goals and also the 100th league goal of his career, should of been more if he wasn't made out of glass and horse placenta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom