• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT6| doicare about injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I think this gif accurately portrays the last days of OT 5

P2PoZ.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel bad for Casillas

-
Arsene Wenger considering resting Robin van Persie against Blackburn Rovers

Messi

lol found over in the pics that make you laugh thread. Wooden?

http://upload.tinychat.com/ssa7/21d0eb/ed/delio/tinygaffers/02-03-2012.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh9dit2Ltv1qzqmo7o1_500.gif

This is it guys, the end of the football thread. We are going to get canned.

Yeah, that's definitely Wooden.

Is Kermit the dog? :lol

ButtYurt, that actually is the way I react whenever Salazar attempts one of his constant, always rubbish, apparently humorous interjections. They make the skin scrawl.

Big games this weekend. Cock-nose, I'm in your trench this weekend brother. Begrudgingly, I'll also be hoping for a Liverpool win two weeks in succession. Makes the skin crawl.

So I see it's up to AUSGAF to keep this thread alive at this time of day. As much as I'd like to rely on Salazar to keep the coal stacked, he's too busy over at Pedo-GAF so I'll try and do the workload myself.

It wll be known as ManCity hour, and I'll be posting everything related to the best club in the land. Today:

City's Top 10 Youtube Moments for January. Highlights include Balotelli being hilarious and scaring the pants off Maninci's PA, Joe Hart's impressive bicycle kick, SWP getting nailed in the head off the post, arguable goal of the year in a youth game, and Kompany v a boxing bag.

Seriously, that youth game goal was amazing.

sohois

How come this thread is not yet stickied? No mods around?

also first post in the new thread. A worthy thread title, though my shitty internet can't load any of the gifs in the first post. I'll be glad to have less 'hot womens' posts just for that reason alone.

Kozak

Banned
How come this thread is not yet stickied? No mods around?

also first post in the new thread. A worthy thread title, though my shitty internet can't load any of the gifs in the first post. I'll be glad to have less 'hot womens' posts just for that reason alone.

First thread hasn't expired yet :p

Would be hilarious if mods chose not to sticky this one until we hit post 20k in other thread. Such a task to go back to an old thread when you have a new one haha.

Salazar

Samba’s long-time defensive partner Ryan Nelsen joined Tottenham Hotspur as a free agent yesterday (THURS) after his contract was cancelled by Kean, who claimed the New Zealand international was in no shape to play first team football.

That was immediately undermined by Tottenham’s assistant manager, Kevin Bond, who said the defender would go straight into the squad for Monday’s meeting with Liverpool despite playing just one league game this season.

Curious.

Anderson

Man City - Fulham
Ajax - Utrecht
Groningen - RKC Waalwijk
PSG - Evian TG
Atletico Madrid - Valencia
Montepellier - Brest
Marseille - Lyon
Ajaccio - Nice
Schalke - Mainz
Leverkusen - Stuttgart

My accumulator for the weekend ahead, need a cash boost after the taxman came a-calling during january

dc89

So I see it's up to AUSGAF to keep this thread alive at this time of day. As much as I'd like to rely on Salazar to keep the coal stacked, he's too busy over at Pedo-GAF so I'll try and do the workload myself.

It wll be known as ManCity hour, and I'll be posting everything related to the best club in the land. Today:

City's Top 10 Youtube Moments for January. Highlights include Balotelli being hilarious and scaring the pants off Maninci's PA, Joe Hart's impressive bicycle kick, SWP getting nailed in the head off the post, arguable goal of the year in a youth game, and Kompany v a boxing bag.

Seriously, that youth game goal was amazing.

City's Youtube is great!

Mastadon

Banned
Man City - Fulham
Ajax - Utrecht
Groningen - RKC Waalwijk
PSG - Evian TG
Atletico Madrid - Valencia
Montepellier - Brest
Marseille - Lyon
Ajaccio - Nice
Schalke - Mainz
Leverkusen - Stuttgart

My accumulator for the weekend ahead, need a cash boost after the taxman came a-calling during january
Damn that is an ambitious accumulator there mate, good luck.

I hate it when we play on Mondays :(

Wonder how rusty Suarez will be on Monday. Those 8 games flew by, which surprised me as I thought it'd be a bit of a drag waiting for him to come back. I think Stoke at home was the only game we truly missed him in, where creativity and predictability was the problem. Booked Monday night off for the Spurs match, shitting it already

Salazar

^^^^^ Baller avatar.

Keep calling me that, Kermit. You seem to like the taste of ban.

Lots of journos saying Bosingwa in, no doubt. Just hope Rafael is in for us.

ShogunX

Wonder how rusty Suarez will be on Monday. Those 8 games flew by, which surprised me as I thought it'd be a bit of a drag waiting for him to come back. I think Stoke at home was the only game we truly missed him in, where creativity and predictability was the problem. Booked Monday night off for the Spurs match, shitting it already

It was good timing to accept the ban when we did as the games come thick and fast with the cup games helping out quite a lot. As for his fitness I think he will be raring to go after a much needed rest and he will be coming back into a team that is in decent form. Be good to finally see Gerrard and Suarez have a run of games together and if Gerrard can provide some much needed service for him.

Monday - We owe Spurs and their fans a good beating so hopefully we can deliver one. Better atmosphere under the lights as well so I'm glad it's not a late Sunday or early Saturday jobber. Also get rid of that avatar.

City's Youtube is great!

It's not just great, it's the best in the world. I'm not being facetious either, it's unmatched. If anyone is aware of similar media output from other clubs around the world, I'd like to see it. But yeah, City's is miles ahead of anything else.

Just put 20 quid on United to beat Chelsea at odds of 2.75. That way I'm pleased either way.
KuGsj.gif

Is the Liverpool/Spurs game at Klanfield?

For real. I forgive the bet.

My only problem with Evra is that his positioning is utterly and increasingly pants, but I recognise that he might be a bit objectionable to act as your public face.

Evra was copping hell's abuse in the Pig, so I can only imagine what it was like at the ground and in the UK. The Liverpool lot were really out of order there, but it's not surprising, and I'm not so sure United fans would retain their dignity either in a similar situation.

What a fucked up situation.

dc89

"Am I under pressure? Yes, I've not slept for 6 weeks because of this"

*Troll Face*

Mancini is pretty funny. But to be fair he went on to say that managing Inter Milan has helped him handle pressure. He said he was under pressure every minute there so he feels hardly anything at City.

"Am I under pressure? Yes, I've not slept for 6 weeks because of this"

*Troll Face*

Mancini is pretty funny. But to be fair he went on to say that managing Inter Milan has helped him handle pressure. He said he was under pressure every minute there so he feels hardly anything at City.

Not sure about your feelings dc, but I'm a tad down on Mancini at the moment. His selections at times make me question his ability to drive us to the title and I wish he took the cup competitions more seriously.

I've also developed the conspiracy theory that even if we were to win the league, the City owners may turf him out for next season for someone better suited to Champions League football.

ShogunX

For real. I forgive the bet.

My only problem with Evra is that his positioning is utterly and increasingly pants, but I recognise that he might be a bit objectionable to act as your public face.

Wasn't aware it was an avatar bet! Either way Suarez will no doubt receive all kinds of abuse at Old Trafford which is to be expected and then hopefully we can put it to bed until next season at least. Sick of the media circus surrounding the whole case as well as the daft cunts throwing about nicknames despite every fan base having their fair share of idiots.

dc89

Not sure about your feelings dc, but I'm a tad down on Mancini at the moment. His selections at times make me question his ability to drive us to the title and I wish he took the cup competitions more seriously.

I've also developed the conspiracy theory that even if we were to win the league, the City owners may turf him out for next season for someone better suited to Champions League football.

Yeah we should have done a job against Liverpool. We are more than capable. But we still have the Europa League, I can see him taking that fairly seriously. I mean, he will want to win it and you can't exactly play a team of kids against Porto.

I wonder if we will see Pizarro today. I hope so. I think he could do a job for City, Mancini wouldn't have brought him in, in the manner he did, if he didn't think he could.

Salazar

I'm still vaguely hoping Fulham give you something to think about.

Aguero is too goddamn alert for Senderos, though. His control and distribution is disconcertingly lethargic even when he doesn't have a top, top class striker on his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom