• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

If Arbeloa starts at right-back for RM Bayern has already won.
He has had some bad games recently but he's actually a solid and reliable right back. He even frustrated the hell out of Ribery in one of the France-Spain games I reckon.

Anyway HALA MADRID!

We'll win 8-0 tonight against Bayern.

Salazar

In other news I've tracked my package from Amazon and it was in a Bamber Bridge Van at 7:47. It should be here by now. I can run from Bamber Bridge to my house in an hour. Hurry up.

I want my Il Capitano shirt to arrive so I can give a seminar in it.

I hope for good controversyless games this week. Especially the ones featuring Barcelona. I really hope El Clasico goes off without a hitch and both teams play the awesome football we know they are well able to play when they want to. None of this fighting/diving crap.

And I want Ashely Young to stop diving.

Basically it's nice to want things.

Yen

LeBron James is releasing Liverpool shoes (with a very old city liverbird rather than the official club one)- licensing issues:
nike-lebron-9-low-liverpool-1.jpg

nike-lebron-9-low-liverpool.jpg

panty

He has had some bad games recently but he's actually a solid and reliable right back. He even frustrated the hell out of Ribery in one of the France-Spain games I reckon.

Anyway HALA MADRID!

We'll win 8-0 tonight against Bayern.

Whatever you're having, I want it too!

LeBron James is releasing Liverpool shoes (with the a very old city liverbird rather than the official club one):
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nike-lebron-9-low-liverpool-1.jpg
[img]http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nike-lebron-9-low-liverpool.jpg[/QUOTE]

It's a shame they are Nike or else I'd buy them in a heartbeat..

Arnie

I want my Il Capitano shirt to arrive so I can give a seminar in it.

If my lecturer gave a seminar in a retro Del Piero top I'd flip my shit.

As for those shoes, well, I don't play basketball, nor do I wear the shoes, and somehow I think even if I did I wouldn't buy them. The red and turquoise is a bit nasty, for a shoe. I like my shoes to be plain, black as a preference.

bjaelke

They've finally found a date for the postponed match between Liverpool and Chelsea - 3 days after we play Chelsea in the FA Cup. Well done FA, well cone.

Choc

Banned
Let's be honest, Carroll will probably score last minute winners in both.

Did you guys see how today he is in the media saying he doesnt drink anymore like he did at newcastle and just sits @ home and behaves

perhaps this is why he isnt as good as he was ?

think about it. You completely change your life, it may feel unnatural to you and that affects performance. He of course shouldn't binge but maybe he has changed far to much and its affecting him.

Arnie

To be honest I think a change of style, scenery and playing time has affected him more than anything else. Can't see how a few pints would help you perform better on the pitch.

Hope he continues this run, although knowing him that's not massively likely.

bjaelke

To be honest I think a change of style, scenery and playing time has affected him more than anything else. Can't see how a few pints would help you perform better on the pitch.

Are you watching Nacho and the rest of the academy?

Choc

Banned

im not saying he should drink, but if you are trying to be someone you are not naturally, it affects you.

Confidence is EVERYTHING in football

Arnie

Are you watching Nacho and the rest of the academy?

Nope, don't have an LFC online subscription and I can't be arsed lugging myself downstairs until Bamber Bridge van man arrives. I find it hard to concentrate when I know a magical delivery man could turn up at any minute. It's like christmas, except Santa's an alcoholic.

Yen

Did you guys see how today he is in the media saying he doesnt drink anymore like he did at newcastle and just sits @ home and behaves

think about it. You completely change your life, it may feel unnatural to you and that affects performance. He of course shouldn't binge but maybe he has changed far to much and its affecting him.
Interesting. Beer is to Carroll what spinach is to Popeye.

Bjaelke: I'm not watching the match, but I think Ibe and Lussey are the stand outs in that team. Though I've only seen Nacho once.

GorillaJu

I think this is the case and always have. Drastic lifestyle changes can have an immediately negative effect, even if the long run is better for you overall. I've never doubted this as part of the reason he's lost his swagger, been more frustrated and less aggressive on the pitch.

I've always been a Carroll supporter and I'm not going to stop until he's no longer a Liverpool player. I think he'll come good. Scoring in an FA Cup semi-final against Everton is a good step forward in that direction, though!

And how the fuck does that list have Jamie Carragher but not Sami Hyypia?! Sami is one of the finest defenders to play in the PL - as much as I respect Carragher, he's always been a warrior and so much a footballer. Sami is god tier!

Arnie

Ahhhh Blaburn that looks tasty. I'm going to need some food soon, my mum showed me how to make a risotto yesterday, thinking I'd actually make one back at Uni. I was only appeasing her by pretending to learn so she'd make me my tea.

Wish my chippy wasn't randomly closed on Tuesdays.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I'd have Hyypia on there instead of Carragher, and probably ahead of Desailly in my all time team. Maybe Irwin ahead of Cole as well.

bjaelke

Interesting. Beer is to Carroll what spinach is to Popeye.

Bjaelke: I'm not watching the match, but I think Ibe and Lussey are the stand outs in that team. Though I've only seen Nacho once.

Ibe's been fantastic so far. Had some incredible crosses.

Lots of wind today.
Kenny watching from the stands.

dc89

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis let slip details of Lavezzi's release fee when responding to rumours he could be on his way to Anzhi Makhachkala in the summer, telling La Stampa:

"The future of Lavezzi is clear - he has a buyout clause of €32million.

La Stampa.

WJD

Not sure why some people were complaining about Nev's diving analysis last night, I think he's absolutely spot on.

immy

Banned
You have to weight the team against the league they play in; and because QPR play in the premier league, the best league in all of time and space, QPR is probably still a rung above Benfica.

Despite his troubles with Sparky's army, he could also play for Valencia, Roma, Porto, Celtic, Lille(alongside Jốe Cṓle.) and Atheltic Bilbao(were he of Basque origin).

In other news I've tracked my package from Amazon and it was in a Bamber Bridge Van at 7:47. It should be here by now. I can run from Bamber Bridge to my house in an hour. Hurry up.

WOW

I mean really WOW

I give up with this thread. I'm out.

Wilbur

Banned
He shouldn't go to City if they're keeping faith with Dzeko, Balotelli and Tevez; the only one I can see being sold is Tevez and then they have to marginalise the others. Similarly Madrid could get him but only if they sell one of Benzema or Higuain.

Chelsea should do whatever they can to get him.

Edit: immy it's a joke hahahaha

Pachimari

I'm bummed. My Real Madrid C.F. long sleeved jersey for this season with authentic and customized number and letters are delayed, because World Soccer Shop didn't know they didn't have the letters, so they have to order them again blah.

I ordered it 2 weeks ago, and I still have to wait maximum 2 months for it. =/
So it won't be ready for the Champions League final with Real Madrid.

EDIT:
We will never sell our son Higuaín (Pipita), he is forever one of hours. =;)

WOW

I mean really WOW

I give up with this thread. I'm out.
I feel ya'.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm bummed. My Real Madrid C.F. long sleeved jersey for this season with authentic and customized number and letters are delayed, because World Soccer Shop didn't know they didn't have the letters, so they have to order them again blah.

I ordered it 2 weeks ago, and I still have to wait maximum 2 months for it. =/
So it won't be ready for the Champions League final with Real Madrid.

You'll only be tempted to shit on it when Barca destroy them anyway
fuck Barca

Who did you get on it out of interest? Please say Ozil

Lavezzi is overrated, not City material.

Read some interview with Palermos old sport director. Apparently City were willing to give 22mil for Cavani but Zamparini refused and then sold him for 18mil to Napoli.... Fucking idiot.

Pachimari

You'll only be tempted to shit on it when Barca destroy them anyway
fuck Barca

Who did you get on it out of interest? Please say Ozil

Well, I have always bought the shirts with our players names.

But seeing as this is my first long sleeve shirt and the first time I have a chance to customize it, I decided to go with my own middle name this time around and that's why it's delayed - I'm so excited though.

If I had to choose one of our players it would be Marcelo, Benzema or Özil this year. On the pitch I like Di Maria but I probably won't get a shirt with him. I love our canteranos.

Wilbur

Banned
OH SHIT I've been reading Lavezzi as Cavani the entire time hahaha. Fuck my reading skills.

Yeah City shouldn't go for him. Chelsea would still benefit though, as would a team like Juve

Wilbur

Banned
Well, I have always bought the shirts with our players names.

But seeing as this is my first long sleeve shirt and the first time I have a chance to customize it, I decided to go with my own middle name this time around and that's why it's delayed - I'm so excited though.

If I had to choose one of our players it would be Marcelo, Benzema or Özil this year.

I always used to get it with my surname but it's double barrelled, so I got a United kit with names at the top and the bottom of the shirt. I looked a right wanker.

When my shoulders got a bit bigger they stretched it across like Wright-Phillips. Now I don't get lettering, although I'll probably get a Del Piero shirt, and I was tempted to get a France one with Zidane on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom