• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Sahin has played surprisingly well and he has intercepted quite a few passes. Mou should still sub him for Kaka or Granero because we have to win this match. Benzema and Higuain as wingers? Yeah, it's not working out.

FootballFan

Lame games til now. (Only been watching Madrid, but I am guessing, due to posts and scoreline, that Chelsea-Benfica too was boring-ish)

untitled-2hlki8.gif

lol

Welcome to the club Benzema

ShogunX

How confident are you that we'll win our semi?

Very confident. League form has little to do with a one off cup game as we and others have shown time and time again over the past decade/since time began. It's fine to be nervous or have reservations about a match but lets not talk about Dalglish and losing to Everton of all teams.

Fintan

Liverpool-GAF, why do you guys think there has been such a difference between Liverpool's league and cup form this season?

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool-GAF, why do you guys think there has been such a difference between Liverpool's league and cup form this season?

Multiple reasons. It's much easier to motivate a team for cup competitions, as the reward is immediate. The league is such a long competition that it's easy to lose sight of the eventual goal and not play to your full potential.

Also, teams tend to play in a more attacking manner in cup games, which suits us as we're shite at breaking teams down.

Madridy

APOEL parking the bus, not surprised. We should've put the game to rest in the first half, but now it seems this game will be decided at Santiago Bernabue. Also Sahin been good, I'm happy for him.

ShogunX

One off cup games actually suit the team we have a lot better. It's no secret that both the team and the fans are guilty of being game raisers this season and coupled with the opposition looking to win rather than sitting deep it allows us to attack freely rather than spending a lot of the game trying to break teams down.

panty

Cmon Mou, where are the subs?! I can't believe we're drawing this, seriously, WTF.

Mou looks like "I don't fucking care"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom