• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

this new barca kit is a champions league winning kit. everytime we get a weird kit we win a champions league, I hope that tradition holds.

alba, a 100% villa, a fully rested messi, a more integrated Alexis :drools

international tournaments are good and all, but nothing like club football.

607254096.gif

hahahaha VDB " You second, second..... the fuck? Whatever"

Del Bosque seems like a really good mellow guy. Is he like that ? (I dont speak Spanish so I can only measure the man by body language and translations)

Lightning

Banned
I think it has to be the case, we can't have RVP, Giroud & Podolski (I know he can play on the wing but I'd rather he didn't) fighting for the same position & that's disregarding Chamakh & Park who won't be around next season, probably. I hope he stays but I think I'm resigned to losing him.
If Giroud is a replacement for RVP then we are in the shitter next season.....

jtb

Banned
If Giroud is a replacement for RVP then we are in the shitter next season.....

Not if we play 4-4-2! Fuck RVP, Giroud's got me falling for the hype with his cryptic comments about how much Wenger wanted him and would probably be willing to fit him into the system (plz not on the wing plz not on the wing). RVP will stay (with Giroud slotting in the would-be Adebayor role), we'll land M'Vila, buy a quality full back (can Wenger start sending SMS to Debuchy also?) and, by some miracle, we might actually buy a world class midfielder. We will also never see Park, Chamakh, Arshavin or Squillaci again (and, if we're lucky, Walcott too). I'm hyped.

also, Canal+ journo on twitter claimed M'Vila was at Colney yesterday; this deal better fucking go through...

flippedb

Banned
After seeing Montolivo and Cassano playing today I personally can't wait until the season begins. Milan will kick ass, I'm sure!

Slizz

Lol Wilshere is never returning. He's a figment of Arsenals imagination.

Whats that? He's about to get back to training???? Oh whoops another surgery....

Seriously WTF? I liked Wilshere but I haven't seen him in a LONG time.

Lightning

Banned
Not if we play 4-4-2! Fuck RVP, Giroud's got me falling for the hype with his cryptic comments about how much Wenger wanted him and would probably be willing to fit him into the system (plz not on the wing plz not on the wing). RVP will stay (with Giroud slotting in the would-be Adebayor role), we'll land M'Vila, buy a quality full back (can Wenger start sending SMS to Debuchy also?) and, by some miracle, we might actually buy a world class midfielder. We will also never see Park, Chamakh, Arshavin or Squillaci again (and, if we're lucky, Walcott too). I'm hyped.

also, Canal+ journo on twitter claimed M'Vila was at Colney yesterday; this deal better fucking go through...
Dude we aren't doing all of that. Buying a world class midfielder? No chance in hell. What formation can you think off to fit Song, Wilshere, Arteta, Podolski, Chamberlain, Gervinho, RVP, Giroud, M'Vila, new star acm, Ramsey, Rosicky?

We aren't Man City... we are not going to get this star studded lineup.

If RVP signs and M'Vila comes then you MAY see a fullback come in if you are lucky but that's it. Then it will just be players getting sold. No way are we buying an attacking midfielder, that ship sailed with the purchases of Podolski and Giroud.

dc89

Lol Wilshere is never returning. He's a figment of Arsenals imagination.

Whats that? He's about to get back to training???? Oh whoops another surgery....

Seriously WTF? I liked Wilshere but I haven't seen him in a LONG time.

Ice cold.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Zabojnik

After seeing Montolivo and Cassano playing today I personally can't wait until the season begins. Milan will kick ass, I'm sure!

What do we have here? A new milanista? Welcome! Looking forward to dueling you guys for the scudetto once again!
Bianconeri FTW!

Zabojnik

Hey Yurt, to my suprise out here in Florida I found this for the back of my new Juve kit.
It was the only name they had left. So happy.

Nice, Messi. I don't suppose you'd exchange it for an Ibrahimović 2005/2006 Juve jersey?

Juventus-05-06-Nike-Home-Ibrahimovic-9-long.jpg

I still have it stashed away somewhere in a box (of shame), if the bugs didn't get to it. It might or might not have been spitted upon, but other than that it should be like new.

bjaelke

Listening to talk radio this morning and they're usually discussing politics and current affairs. This morning, however, they dedicated 25 minutes to talk about Italy's win last night. It was fantastic to hear.

GorillaJu

Apple doesn't want any kind of support issues with using different browsers, and they don't want mobile website developers to implement features that are only for Chrome, or whatever. Essentially, iOS compatible = Safari compatible... think they want to keep it that way.

Gambit

man, i always knew most of german-gaf consists of clowns but some dortmund fans really confirmed this theory now

Yes, they did.

Especially when their saviour Hummels didn't exactly have his best game yesterday.

Anyway, I couldn't have imagined it, but Michael Ballack said something I can agree with:

"Das ist ein wirklich gutes Team, aber es gab zu viele Wechsel in den letzten zwei, drei Spielen. Einige Spieler hatten nicht das Selbstvertrauen, das sie zuvor gezeigt hatten. Wenn du 18, 20 wirklich gute Spieler hast, ist das ein Luxusproblem. Das gab es in den Jahren zuvor nicht. Aber das heißt auch nicht, dass man alle spielen lassen muss. Ich denke, es wird Fragen geben über Löw und seine Entscheidungen, sein Coaching und seine Wechsel während dieses Turniers."

For Non-Germans, he is criticising Löw and his many changes. Saying even if you have many great players, you don't have to field every last one of them.

dc89

Balotelli when asked were his team mates annoyed he took his shirt off and received a booking for it.

"They didn't get angry because I was booked for taking my shirt off, but they saw my physique and got jealous."

Never change Mario, never change.

Moobabe

Balotelli when asked were his team mates annoyed he took his shirt off and received a booking for it.

"They didn't get angry because I was booked for taking my shirt off, but they saw my physique and got jealous."

Never change Mario, never change.

What a legend

GorillaJu

So apparently we're ready to pay £20m for Gaston. That's an awful lot for a young player.

Seems we get taken to the cleaners on these youngsters. But if it's between him and Sigurdsson, I'll take Gaston.

Also, I doubt it's 20m that we'll pay. Probably 15 or 16. Similar to Henderson (20m was the asking price, 13m is what we paid).

Also, where did you hear this? Just checked RAWK and haven't seen anything but agent talk.

Kem0sabe

And people thought Portugal - Spain would ensue a meltdown on GAF, Germany is providing much more entertainment in that regard.

It was a deserved win for Italy, they could have won by 4 or 5, so many were their chances, Germany in the midfield and defense looked somewhat average.

PaulLFC

Yup it is, wish it had full-screen though or at least a way to minimise the URL bar while scrolling.
Atomic Web Browser has fullscreen, that's been my iOS browser for ages now, from the 3GS and now on the iPad. It's great, it does cost 69p (there's a free Lite version too) but for the amount of features and the use I've got out of it, it was well worth it.

fuenf

The other thread taught me that dortmund fans are the biggest groups of shitheads on the internet. So bitter, so miserable. Enjoy your soulless team flopping out of the champions league again :)

man, i always knew most of german-gaf consists of clowns but some dortmund fans really confirmed this theory now

You shouldnt be to hard on them. 80% of the current Dortmund fans are the definition of "Erfolgsfans" / success fans (same goes for 98% of the national team followers). The notion of showing class in defeat just seems foreign to them.

For Non-Germans, he is criticising Löw and his many changes. Saying even if you have many great players, you don't have to field every last one of them.

The man speaks the truth, they got cought up in this "play beutiful football" / our reserves have to play bullshit. Other teams gelled / grew over the course of the tournament, we dismantled ourselves.

Kem0sabe

The man speaks the truth, they got cought up in this "play beutiful football" / our reserves have to play bullshit. Other teams gelled / grew over the course of the tournament, we dismantled ourselves.

Germany played well up to the Italy match, the problem were the Italians, they just were the better team in the day and didn´t left much for Germany to work with.

What can the coach do when his team is being so utterly muscled out of the game by the opposition?

According to Bild Dzeko could move to Bayern with Robben coming the other way.
Congrats on getting the shaft. But I'm glad Müller will get more playtime now.

Goober Dortmund fan turning on Bayern players. Pretty childlike.
The fuck you just called me? K-pop tool..
What's childlike about it? They lost every major final in their lives and are psychically and emotionally broken men.
Schweinsteiger is not in the least the leader he is always made out to be (made into by Löw), he's got no real authority and neither does the PR-mini-captain Lahm. As fuenf said, Schweinsteiger can do a few things, but none of them on world class level. His passing ability is close at times, but he can absolutely not decide games by himself. Even Ballack could do that. I despise these players and I was only timid on them because of the EURO (and the truce between Dortmund and Bayern fans)
And they're as spineless as they come, with their smug shit faces during the interviews and how they supposedly "played well and tried everything"...just made me rage. None of them really gives his all for Germany.
But it's mainly Löw's fault, he shouldn't just rely on broken, injured Schweinsteiger, shouldn't have raped the formation with Kroos & field Gomez + Podolski.

What have they done that has got you hell bent out of shape?

Ok, I'm back.
Fuck Löw big time, what a stupid piece of shit for fucking the team up like he did & caving in against big teams like he always does! FUCK YOU, Löw. Die you booger eathing FUCK!

And fuck the goddamn Bayern-Losers (Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gomez). Who fucking needs those cursed assholes. LOSERS 4 ever and always!
BUT BUT SCHWEINSTEIGER; HE IS sooo important, the born leader........bwahahaha, fucking pig fucking LOSER, a joke and Kroos (partly a Neverkusen product) is growing up to be just like him!
And then those smug fucks act like it's all good & dandy (mini captain Lahm of all things....
VIZEMEISTER, VIZEMEISTE HEY HEY HEY!

Congrats Italy, very well played! That is how its done and I really hope you can kill the Iberian witch.
I hoped so much that you'd convert those chances in the last minutes. We should've lost 5-0 not 2-1 so that the Lööwser would step the fuck down.

I'm out

I was out & drunk and I still stand by most of my criticism.

You shouldnt be to hard on them. 80% of the current Dortmund fans are the definition of "Erfolgsfans" / success fans (same goes for 98% of the national team followers). The notion of showing class in defeat just seems foreign to them.
Bwahahahah, hilarious to hear that coming from a Bayern fan. Are also Miami Heat fan by any chance too??
How is that not showing class? I did commend Italy for playing well and exposing us:

Congrats Italy, very well played! That is how its done and I really hope you can kill the Iberian witch.
I hoped so much that you'd convert those chances in the last minutes. We should've lost 5-0 not 2-1 so that the Lööwser would step the fuck down.

Sloosha

Korea just announced their squad for the Olympics. Looking forward too seeing KBK in the tournament. No Lee Chung-Yong yet unfortunately. Looks like he's staying at Bolton next season.

Lightning

Banned
I was out & drunk and I still stand by most of my criticism.
I don't see that much wrong with the post, nor the Dortmund fans on GAF. So if that post is the source of his complaint then blah...

I hope that Gotze gets more game time for Germany heading into the World Cup in 2014 but if this is the level of Podolski's performances then oh my goodness he is not going to help Arsenal much at all.

FootballFan

The fuck you just called me? K-pop tool..
What's childlike about it? They lost every major final in their lives and are psychically and emotionally broken men.
Schweinsteiger is not in the least the leader he is always made out to be (made into by Löw), he's got no real authority and neither does the PR-mini-captain Lahm. As fuenf said, Schweinsteiger can do a few things, but none of them on world class level. His passing ability is close at times, but he can absolutely not decide games by himself. Even Ballack could do that. I despise these players and I was only timid on them because of the EURO (and the truce between Dortmund and Bayern fans)
And they're as spineless as they come, with their smug shit faces during the interviews and how they supposedly "played well and tried everything"...just made me rage. None of them really gives his all for Germany.
But it's mainly Löw's fault, he shouldn't just rely on broken, injured Schweinsteiger, shouldn't have raped the formation with Kroos & field Gomez + Podolski.

Of course not 1 mention of Hummels dreadful, dreadful showing.

dc89

I can't imagine the games being tremendously arduous, to be honest.

Yeh but it can only take one bad fall, one late challenge, one awkward twist and Cleverley could be injured again.

Doubt it, but If United's injury bad luck is sticking with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom