• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Whilst nobody is denying that the Chelsea dressing room is chock full of bellends, the overwhelming impression from respected journalists who delved into the matter after the fact (as I learnt during the time when AVB was linked to Liverpool) strongly suggest that the man behaved like a dickhead himself.

It definitely wasn't the case of simply Terry and Lampard fucking him over; he contributed significantly to his own downfall there.

Aye. As unfortunate as it turned out, I think the reaction by the players to AVB's practices were pretty natural. I'd be worried if players did not get upset after being shafted out in the manner AVB did. That away game in Naples was a clear example of this.

I do like the man however, so I hope he does well, as long as we do better.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
8PGe2.jpg

That'd be great. Apparently we've upped our offer for Debuchy once again, and apparently he has said to Lille that he wants to go.

If all this can happen before our pre-season games start I'd be chuffed.

Not too convinced about Debuchy. Attacking wise he looked good, but seemed a bit shaky defensively. Although he did seem to spend most of his time in the opposition half.

GorillaJu

You guys are boring the shit out of me. I am customer number 33 in line to get into this ramen house for some godlike noodles and I've got nothing to do but refresh footyGaf and RAWK while I wait.

Show some hussle, fools.

elsk

Banned
Gladbach sign Twente's Luuk de Jong on a four-year deal, according to "Express". Reportedly about €11m fee.

elsk? Following a local league team? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Believe it or not! I just don't post about it because nobody cares :(... we're out of the CONCACHAMPIONS anyway, so is pure local league this season for us. It's kind of funny since the colors of the team are the sames of certain bayern rivals:

Jairo-Puerto-le-dio-la-victoria-al-Real-Espana_480_311.jpg

:p

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

According to Bild Dzeko could move to Bayern with Robben coming the other way.

Hehe, you're late to the party. We already signed the croatian Mario because Dzeko wages were too -damn- high. Not happening, we already have 4 striker for next season.

Kyoufu

Not too convinced about Debuchy. Attacking wise he looked good, but seemed a bit shaky defensively. Although he did seem to spend most of his time in the opposition half.

He's better than Simpson at least.

edit: Elsk what's your source? I thought FC Twente denied that.

edit 2: I think "Express" aren't updated but if true, then shit. lol

elsk

Banned
edit: Elsk what's your source? I thought FC Twente denied that.

A german press guy, very reliable. But he's just quoting "Express".

Robben at City would be hilarious. Make it happen.

There was hope before we signed Mario Mandžukić, but not anymore. We actually should promote or sign a new winger for back-up... Robben, Ribéry, Shaqiri (Mueller) are not that much options.

Kyoufu

A german press guy, very reliable. But he's just quoting "Express"

Sky Sports says:

"Newcastle are pushing hard for De Jong with German side Borussia Monchengladbach also very keen, although reports suggesting they have already sealed a deal have been dismissed by Twente."

Kem0sabe

You guys are boring the shit out of me. I am customer number 33 in line to get into this ramen house for some godlike noodles and I've got nothing to do but refresh footyGaf and RAWK while I wait.

Show some hussle, fools.

Fuck Noodles, i ate enough of that shit in college to last me a life time. :)

So, is AVB confirmed at Spurs or not?

elsk

Banned
Sky Sports says:

"Newcastle are pushing hard for De Jong with German side Borussia Monchengladbach also very keen, although reports suggesting they have already sealed a deal have been dismissed by Twente."

Who knows, but I think it's a done deal. The tweet is from 2 hours ago.

elsk

Banned
:(

I hope not. We need De Jong badly. We're also in talks for Douglas.

I don't really rate him, I think your strikers right now are better than him... He could work well in Gladbach because -somehow- Favre makes any player work under his system. Even Hanke, their shitty striker, had a good season thanks to that system.

I'm really impressed they managed to buy Álvaro Domínguez (Atlético Madrid) as a replacement for Dante. I think Álvaro was actually the freaking captain of Atlético Madrid(!)... I think Favre is very serious about building a strong project.

Kyoufu

I don't really rate him, I think your strikers right now are better than him... He could work well in Gladbach because -somehow- Favre makes any player work under his system. Even Hanke, their shitty striker, had a good season thanks to that system.

I rate Ba and Cisse highly but... they're African. So we're pretty much boned when they leave for ACON in January.

We fucking lost to Brighton in the FA Cup when Ba left for ACON :lol

spidye

A german press guy, very reliable. But he's just quoting "Express".

There was hope before we signed Mario Mandžukić, but not anymore. We actually should promote or sign a new winger for back-up... Robben, Ribéry, Shaqiri (Mueller) are not that much options.

don't forget Mitchell Weiser. I think that should enough.

elsk

Banned
don't forget Mitchell Weiser. I think that should enough.

I'm actually hoping he gets the RB spot in the reserves. We need to start building a Lahm replacement for the future.

Btw, for some reason the board gave Patrick Weihrauch (striker, 18 years old!) a professional contract for 2 years and added him to the first team roster. He was just recently promoted to the U19 team, people are saying he's VERY talented

j8jC7L6q7vFWD.jpeg

juI2AckAxZbiQ.jpeg

elsk

Banned
Actually I think he was in the U19 team that came second after losing the final against Schalke. Where's Yurt inverted
KuGsj.gif
?

Carbonox

Who knows, but I think it's a done deal. The tweet is from 2 hours ago.

It would be incredibly odd for it to be a done deal if Newcastle reps are in Holland (probably as we speak) to talk to the club about De Jong primarily. They wouldn't be talking about him if he's already signed for another club.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's verbally agreed to join Borussia but Twente are holding out to see if Newcastle offer more money and maybe even more money to De Jong himself.

We'll see I guess.

elsk

Banned
This could interest Liverpool fans, I guess?

Breaking: Kuban striker Lacina Traore signs for Anzhi, who paid around 20 m to get him! The former CFR man was a target for #lfc.

Linius

Not much news on De Jong in the Dutch press. They're only saying Newcastle is a serious option. And I read somewhere that Newcastle is bringing 12,5 million euros. Also, Bayern München may be interested in him.

GorillaJu

Soft boiled egg, pork slices, dried seaweed and some green spinach-like Japanese vegetable. This stuff runs £7 a bowl. A far cry from the stuff that makes your ass dribble... Though your chin, definitely. :)

Kyoufu

Daily Fail reporting we're signing De Jong for 10 milliion GBP (12 million Euro?). Since Daily Fail said it, it must be true.

BTW Morsel I'm jealous you get to experience Japanese noodle goodness over there. Must be great.

elsk

Banned
Not much news on De Jong in the Dutch press. They're only saying Newcastle is a serious option. And I read somewhere that Newcastle is bringing 12,5 million euros. Also, Bayern München may be interested in him.

We were(!), but we already signed two strikers so we're out of the market unless we manage to sign Javi Martínez.

Salazar

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
U know that feeling when u want to really say what u think,but if u speak out now you're advisers say it would affect things - I'm there!

If it's about Beckham, Rio, nobody gives a toss.

Linius

Daily Fail reporting we're signing De Jong for 10 milliion GBP (12 million Euro?). Since Daily Fail said it, it must be true.

BTW Morsel I'm jealous you get to experience Japanese noodle goodness over there. Must be great.
12,5 million euros is a little less than 10 million pounds, sounds about right.

Linius

We were(!), but we already signed two strikers so we're out of the market unless we manage to sign Javi Martínez.
Yeah, the paper I'm referring to only stated some vague interest from Bayern. Guess Newcastle will make the buy sooner or later.

GorillaJu

Haha most of my friends have this horrible depressed look on their face when I bring them to my favorite restaurant - a tiny shack that sits less than 10. Then, they taste the goodness. Japanese noodles are simply godlike.

Arnie

Haha most of my friends have this horrible depressed look on their face when I bring them to my favorite restaurant - a tiny shack that sits less than 10. Then, they taste the goodness. Japanese noodles are simply godlike.

One day I'm going to book a plane to Tokyo and just go a bit mental.

Won't be any time soon though, my bank account was just bumraped for house rent and I literally can't even draw out at a cash machine. My Nan just bobbed round and snuck us a sly £20 to cheer me up. Top lady. Hopefully I get the deposit back from my old house in days and I can do something financially dependant, like go to the cinema, or go go-karting, or catch a train.

I literally shit myself at overuse and misuse of "literally".
See my post for correct usage.

Blablurn

china_fcb_290612.jpg

we are going to have two friendly game in china next july. first against wolfsburg in guangzhou and a second game in beijing against another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom