• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Tosyn_88

I have a huge hunch that Man Utd will win the league. It's starting to look too convenient.
Chelsea is having depth issue, ditto Spurs and Liverpool. Arsenal has to deal with Europa and City still haven't found balance to their team. People won't believe it but Lukaku and Matic makes a huge difference. Not because they are individually brilliant but because they are effective as a Jose instruments.
Lukaku ensures they will get points against weaker opposition, Matic ensures they are very hard to beat. That's two things that rides out a league. It's very reminiscent of Chelsea 2015

Lunar FC

Ronaldo back in the prem would be amazing, but I don't see it happening for a couple of years towards the tail end of his prime.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I have a huge hunch that Man Utd will win the league. It's starting to look too convenient.
Chelsea is having depth issue, ditto Spurs and Liverpool. Arsenal has to deal with Europa and City still haven't found balance to their team. People won't believe it but Lukaku and Matic makes a huge difference. Not because they are individually brilliant but because they are effective as a Jose instruments.
Lukaku ensures they will get points against weaker opposition, Matic ensures they are very hard to beat. That's two things that rides out a league. It's very reminiscent of Chelsea 2015

They're definitely the dark horse

DBT85

Interesting to see a few people say they think United will do it this year.

I certainly think we'll be better than last with a full year of Mourinho in the players heads. Matic, Herrera and Pogba looks solid in the middle and there are plenty of options around Lukaku up top.

Certainly having Greaseman would have only made it look like a stronger front 6.

It will all depend on us scoring goals though. We can defend no issue and we've proven it, but assuming Lukaku "only" manages 30 in the league, we still need another 40 at least from the rest of the team and last year we just couldn't do it. I think we'll know by game 10 if we've found our shooting boots or not.

Who'd you say is the best Spurs player if not Kane? Lloris? Eriksen?

Eriksen. His positioning is amazing, passing and crossing is perfectly weighted and has great vision, rarely loses the ball, creates space, draws players to him and is involved in nearly all build up play. Can change the tempo of the game very quickly and can play in multiple positions. Tactically more aware than any other Tottenham player and is usually where he needs to be. He just isn't as flash or fast as players like Kane.

It's really surprising that nether Barca or Bayern haven't gone for him. He is better than James and Coutinho. If City didn't have KdB I'd expect them to have tried to sign him by now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Eriksen. His positioning is amazing, passing and crossing is perfectly weighted and has great vision, rarely loses the ball, creates space, draws players to him and is involved in nearly all build up play. Can change the tempo of the game very quickly and can play in multiple positions. Tactically more aware than any other Tottenham player and is usually where he needs to be. He just isn't as flash or fast as players like Kane.

It's really surprising that nether Barca or Bayern haven't gone for him. He is better than James and Coutinho. If City didn't have KdB I'd expect them to have tried to sign him by now.
I agree, most underrated player in the prem imo

EDIT: Lamar to Barca or City then

It's funny how fans of other clubs make fun of us for always thinking we're gonna win the league at the start of each season. In reality, no Liverpool fan realistically thinks this.

Even when we were 3 games and 7 points away, I still didn't think it would happen. I wasn't old enough to remember the last one, and I'm convinced I won't see it in my lifetime.

I say this to all Pool fans desperate for the title: If you really want it, then someone is gonna have to kill me. I only ask that you make it fast and clear my browser history when your finished.
Good lord I'm just reading this lol.
I'm fucking dying right now.

Labadal

I think City and Chelsea will fight for the title this year. Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs fight for CL places and then Everton and West Ham behind those four.

Lunar FC

New thread is posted. Football is almost back!

cx7JAiF.png

Dadasch

CR7 231/35 = 15.1%
Benzema 106/16 = 15%
LOL
I seriously pity Benzema sometimes. Didn't think very highly of him at the start but he grew on me while being at Madrid. I still think he is one of the best strikers today but holy shit, he didn't even have half the shot attempts Ronaldo had...
Such a huge egomaniac.

Jimrpg

So 70 pages back I said Lukaku was worth 100m pounds and people thought I was nuts... After this Neymar thing, and Dembele asking for 150m euros, Coutinho being worth 100m pounds, I don't think its an unreasonable sum for this type of player.

A player that is so physical and strong he holds off pretty much every defender, but has the pace to run behind the defence. AND his heading has got a lot better too, he used to say he hated heading the ball. I remember watching his first season he would deliberately go under it from goal kicks.

Top Bottom