• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Syder

Players like him, Giggs and Scholes (and some others) just don't exist anymore.
mark-noble-900-900-headshot-e1482863581218.png

acohrs

Nah there was another post by him saying that he wouldn't be staying at Hull, sounds like the natural progression

Godan

So it seems like today is when we find out if Wenger stays or goes. I have been wanting him to go for the past 3 years or so but i do feel if he leaves the club is going to be in a mess as the board have not even been anywhere close to ready for him stepping down.

I would be happy for him to stay an extra year and use that year to prepare for him going.

DBT85

I think if he's deffo only staying 1 or 2 years, he needs to say so. If the fans know when he's going they don't have to campaign on it anymore and can just get behind the team.

If he just signs on again and nobody knows when he'll go they won't stop.

RocknRola

Anyone following the U20 World Cup? Portugal seems to still be in full "Euro 2016" mode and somehow made it through the group lol I expect them to lose against South Korea today.

I really like Zambia, they have a pretty solid team! Wouldn't mind picking up a couple of those kids for my team. I also like the South Korean team, much better than what I would have ever expected. That said due to the distance/time differences I haven't been able to watch many matches this year, no idea how the usual favourites are playing this time around.

valeo

Anyone following the U20 World Cup? Portugal seems to still be in full "Euro 2016" mode and somehow made it through the group lol I expect them to lose against South Korea today.

I really like Zambia, they have a pretty solid team! Wouldn't mind picking up a couple of those kids for my team. I also like the South Korean team, much better than what I would have ever expected. That said due to the distance/time differences I haven't been able to watch many matches this year, no idea how the usual favourites are playing this time around.

South Korea have a pretty good football team mate - at seniors too. They're usually quite good at age group level. Top 3 in Asia along with Japan and Aussie.

RocknRola

South Korea have a pretty good football team mate - at seniors too. They're usually quite good at age group level. Top 3 in Asia along with Japan and Aussie.

I only managed to watch 1 game of them for now (will see the second in a few minutes, against Portugal) and I was impressed. Fast wingers, with above average technique, good teamplay, positive (attacking) football. Solid team all in all.

Much like Zambia, pretty solid team too, we didn't really stand a chance despite missing some obvious chances. They were always in control of the flow of the match.

Rainy

Banned
So someone give me a quick summary on this Tuchel situation. Is he hard to work with, is higher management being petty, or is it a bit of both?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think anyone knows about details, but apparently he clashed with different levels of management. Even Schmelzer (captain) kinda stabbed him in the back after the cup final, because Tuchel didn't nominate Sahin for the match.

Pennywise

I don't think anyone knows about details, but apparently he clashed with different levels of management. Even Schmelzer (captain) kinda stabbed him in the back after the cup final, because Tuchel didn't nominate Sahin for the match.

There are plenty of details.
It's not just the managment. He clashed with employees of every level at the club. Same goes for the majority of the team.

He's stubborn and his social interaction skills seems to be lacking in a crucial way.

3m for Dominic Solanke. Alright business for a one "clearly for the future", although I see people on Twitter going off because we haven't started our business with a Van Dijk, Keita or one of those we've been linked with.

RocknRola

Woohoo! We won 3-1 against South Korea! Did not expect this result at all. If we somehow manage to clear the QF's then it's time to start dreaming about winning the whole thing!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I guess Arsenal will continue to be one average team.

I hope Sanchez and Özil find some better teams for themselves.

3m for Dominic Solanke. Alright business for a one "clearly for the future", although I see people on Twitter going off because we haven't started our business with a Van Dijk, Keita or one of those we've been linked with.

I'm always down to take chances on that kind of player. Would like to see us make some bigger signings soon, talk on Van Djik and Keane has them going to other clubs right now and I'm still not confident on Keita...

Top Bottom