• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Kill3r7

So what you are saying is Fellaini starting at the weekend and Pogba on the bench confirmed? :p

Pogba just joined the team on Tuesday. After having spent the last few weeks on vacation. I doubt he is in playing shape.

User: Kill3r7
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
---
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea
7. Everton
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can't wait for the season to start again. I actually have quite high hopes for Arsenal this season. As long as we get Mustafi and Mahrez I genuinely think this could be our year.

No.

We do this every year. "This could be our year" is an actual Arsenal cliche now.

sora87

No.

We do this every year. "This could be our year" is an actual Arsenal cliche now.

It's those early optimistic weeks friend, we should all be allowed to believe
until the realization of squad depth and injuries become apparent

T-Rex.

Banned
Wonder what odds you can get on Liverpool getting a good result against Arsenal only to get mugged off by Burnley the following week.

Lunar FC

Finally got around to updating the predictions page. Let me know if I missed yours. Thanks to everybody who actually followed the format. made my life a lot easier.

Premier League / La Liga
User:
League

---
---

Bundesliga
User:
League

---
---

Deadline for predictions is September 1st

Edit: Sorry, updated the restrictions.

User: CecilRousso

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
---
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester City
7. Leicester
---
18. Sunderland
19. Hull City
20. Burnley

As for my own dear Crystal Palace, I will just quote another supporter from a 1-2 years ago: "That midtable mediocrity that we always wanted is finally here!"

Audioboxer

Fantastic news. The future looks very bright with Shaw, TFM, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and hopefully Depay and Bailly.

Depay has some skills, but damn Mou needs to knock him into shape, this season, or he's bust.

uDEpsZ9.gif

Hopefully he was just a victim of LVG and his policing of freedom/showboating.

NHale

Do you think Mata is gonna stay?

Reports are suggesting that he is unhappy and we are close in buying him.

In the end I think is best for both parts that he leaves but I can definitely see Mourinho giving him a shot this weekend if Lingard isn't fit and then humiliate him once again when he fails to perform. It wouldn't be the first time Mourinho sacrifices an early game to publicly prove his point (if the board for some reason doesn't want to sell Mata for example).

Unless Mourinho changes his philosophy Mata doesn't fit with him at all. Mata needs to be free to create and he's known for drifting when trying to defend and that is a no-no under Mourinho's system. If only Man United hadn't sold Di Maria last year, he's the perfect winger in a Mourinho system (which is where Mata would play at United like he did under Mourinho at Chelsea).

Depay has some skills, but damn Mou needs to knock him into shape, this season, or he's bust.

Mourinho doesn't mind showboating and freedom IF the same player shows the same desire to defend. Ozil was free to do everything he wanted at Real because he also helped to defend. Kevin De Bruyne on the other hand...

Kill3r7

Mata's only shot is if he plays as a 10 but we all know that is not going to happen as long as Rooney is around.

DBT85

uDEpsZ9.gif

He needs to show his ability against a decent defence. He looks fine in matches against shit teams but that's not good enough.

We'll have to see how he gets on this season when given his chance. He also needs to be a little less greedy in front of goal.

Makeda

User: Makeda

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
---
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. West Ham
---
18. Swansea
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

I really hope Liverpool manage to break into the top 4 but years of seeing the team pick up a draw in a game we should otherwise be winning leads me to think 5th is more realistic

Beefy

@RebeccaTVnews

Letter sent to #charlton season ticket holder warning him about speaking badly of club on social media...

Cppo4-yWcAAi4zG.jpg

Disgusting, I would just take my ticket back.

Audioboxer

@RebeccaTVnews

Letter sent to #charlton season ticket holder warning him about speaking badly of club on social media...

Cppo4-yWcAAi4zG.jpg

Holy crap! That really is PC gone mad.

I mean does anyone know what the comments were? If they were death threats, racism or something seriously bad that should be handed to the police and the person banned from the stadium. If it is just someone blowing off steam, some vulgar language and upset then this letter is downright offensive and the club should be ashamed.

King_Moc

Banned
@RebeccaTVnews

Cppo4-yWcAAi4zG.jpg

I'm at their shithole tomorrow. That's incredibly arsey of them.

User: Se7enSword

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
---
5. Leicester
6. Liverpool
7. Arsenal
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

Provided that Rooney plays as little as possible, the league title is very likely :p

King_Moc

Banned
User: King_Moc

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
---
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea
7. Leicester
---
18. Sunderland
19. Watford
20. Hull City

Have Leicester actually bought a DM to replace Kante? If they got someone, i'd bump them up.

User: King_Moc

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
---
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea
7. Leicester
---
18. Sunderland
19. Watford
20. Hull City

Have Leicester actually bought a DM to replace Kante? If they got someone, i'd bump them up.

They bought Mendy. He's a DM. Don't know how good he is though.

Beefy

What did the guy actually say?

Apparently he had a go at the board/ owner for a few months. Nothing crazy like threats etc.

@Johncrossmirror
Charlton have put out a statement confirming they've written to the fan. Remarkable times.

Individual has constructive meeting with club regarding abusive behaviour
The club can confirm that they sent a letter to one supporter relating to their continued inappropriate behaviour towards members of staff on Charlton’s official social media accounts and foul and abusive language captured on stadium cameras.

No other letters have been sent to supporters. A letter was sent to this individual as it was relating to a particular set of circumstances.

http://cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016...ticle/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx

I call bullshit on the camera thing.

King_Moc

Banned
They bought Mendy. He's a DM. Don't know how good he is though.

Hmm...maybe it'll be like Konte again and he'll be great out of nowhere. I'd probably have gone for Lucas.

Apparently he had a go at the board/ owner for a few months. Nothing crazy like threats etc.

@Johncrossmirror
Charlton have put out a statement confirming they've written to the fan. Remarkable times.

Well, it's Charlton and they've been behaving like knobs for a while now. Constant protests from the fans for the owners to sell up, and they bought Northampton's best player. Bastards.

Beefy

Hmm...maybe it'll be like Konte again and he'll be great out of nowhere. I'd probably have gone for Lucas.

Well, it's Charlton and they've been behaving like knobs for a while now. Constant protests from the fans for the owners to sell up, and they bought Northampton's best player. Bastards.

‏@samcunningham
Charlton met with the supporter and because 'he appeared sincere in his apology... he was not asked to sign an Agreed Behavioural Contract.'

Shooting themself in the foot atm.

King_Moc

Banned
‏@samcunningham
Charlton met with the supporter and because 'he appeared sincere in his apology... he was not asked to sign an Agreed Behavioural Contract.'

Shooting themself in the foot atm.

Their phone lines have been down due to a 'technical issue', lol.

Syder

User: Syder

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
---
5. Tottenham
6. Leicester
7. Liverpool
---