• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

bjaelke

Schmeichel, Simpson, Hernandez, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Gray, Musa, Vardy.

Jakupovic, Robertson, Davies, Elmohamady, Meyler, Huddlestone, Snodgrass, Clucas, Livermore, Diomande, Hernandez.
We're almost back. Just need someone to post a poorly formatted United lineup.

Blablurn

tumblr_o8o2ag0pGE1tg6dtio1_500.jpg

#JustTumblrThings

krpiper

Hi all!

So I have been following The Beautiful Game on the fringes for a long time, usually with video games, lots of FIFA (mostly American databases) of Football Manager (yay steam sales), following the USA in the World Cup and of course hearing about Leicester City

Anyway since I recently got cable this year I want to start watching the BPL!

So Where do I start? It seems very complicated in getting to know teams and players, and who to start following.
My initial thoughts on who to follow is Everton mostly with the now (former) Tim Howard connection as I have since learned. Good idea? For those that follow the NFL I am a big Minnesota Vikings fan so I am used to heartbreak :(
Or anything that you think I should know would be very helpful!

So Where do I start? It seems very complicated in getting to know teams and players, and who to start following.
My initial thoughts on who to follow is Everton mostly with the now (former) Tim Howard connection as I have since learned. Good idea? For those that follow the NFL I am a big Minnesota Vikings fan so I am used to heartbreak :(

You could do a lot worse than Everton like United so Everton is a decent pick. But you don't have to follow any specific team, just watch the better games of the weekend if you have the time and you might get drawn to a club.

Makeda

These new logos and score graphics are absolutely atrocious.
Can't believe someone got paid a load of money to design that... I chose the wrong profession -__-

MoodyFog

Hi all!

So I have been following The Beautiful Game on the fringes for a long time, usually with video games, lots of FIFA (mostly American databases) of Football Manager (yay steam sales), following the USA in the World Cup and of course hearing about Leicester City

Anyway since I recently got cable this year I want to start watching the BPL!

I mean my advice would be just read a lot of websites dedicated to it (FourFourTwo, the PL site, etc) and watch a lot of games on these first days of the season to get a feel of each team's style and see what could interest you (although you KNOW you'll end up supporting United 8) )

I assume you've read it but the wikipedia page of the Premier League is pretty well done :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

And the premier league website has summaries of previous seasons :

https://www.premierleague.com/history

Beefy

Ergh, even the clock is sponsored this year. That little Tag Heuer ad will get annoying if it does it a lot.

Syder

Vardy should have scored twice already. I can see Leicester nicking this when Hull legs start getting tired.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Hope to see Kapustka for Gray in the second half

Top Bottom