• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Is this real? Weird.

Happy with drinkwater as a back up when Baka and cesc are main players.

I do think that we need to sign another wing back to challenge Alonso even if £60m for Alex santos is excessive… another striker ok, not sure we really need Barkley though…

Not happy about Drinkwater at all - why sell Chalobah for 5m then bring in Drinkwater for 30...

Anyway!

Happy with Ox - can offer cover in central midfield, RWB and further forward to take a load off Willian/Pedro/Hazard.

Rumours on twitter than Coutinho is off for €150m-€160m. Hope not!

If the bulk of that is actual cash, not tied to any clauses... Mein GOTT

I expect any deal is contingent on Lemar or whomever coming in.

Why hasn't anyone bought Belotti from Torino yet???

edit: oh

Torino remain unwilling to do business for anything less than the striker's £98m release clause,

Not happy about Drinkwater at all - why sell Chalobah for 5m then bring in Drinkwater for 30...

Anyway!

Happy with Ox - can offer cover in central midfield, RWB and further forward to take a load off Willian/Pedro/Hazard.

Chalobah was going to be loaned out and didn't want to. So conte dun goofed there but really didn't see him as someone to keep around this season

Anyway!

The world will laugh at the fee for Ox which is crazy but it's actually an ok fee for both arsenal and chelsea.
They really need the money and chelsea need that exact players position and homegrown.
If anyone can get the best out of him it's Conte, still has time to grow so it could be a good signing for them.
Plus Ox has been a chelsea fan for years now so it was meant to be.

Dadasch

JEEEEEEZ 3 Million more than what his release clause is next year? That's excellent!
No, that's actually the release clause...it's exactly 55 mio. €, which is his release clause.

I wouldn't believe that for a second. The rumour posted on the last page is far more believable in my eyes.

sammex

JEEEEEEZ 3 Million more than what his release clause is next year? That's excellent!

No, that's actually the release clause...it's exactly 55 mio. €, which is his release clause.

I wouldn't believe that for a second. The rumour posted on the last page is far more believable in my eyes.

it's actually in the Times. Here you go

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-fee-to-sign-naby-keita-next-summer-pdp75pqvs

The agreement will see Liverpool pay a premium now in excess of the £48 million release clause which can be activated in the player’s contract next summer in order to secure Keïta’s future. The final figure has not been confirmed, but is likely to be in the region of £51 million.

Keïta has been on Merseyside today with the permission of RB Leipzig and underwent a medical in Wilmslow before signing what is expected to be a five-year contract. The 22-year-old will officially become a Liverpool player on July 1, 2018, and will remain at Leipzig for the rest of the current campaign.

Dadasch

Kicker (biggest futbol magazine in Germany) says release clause is 55 mio.€.

Bild (best german source for football rumours) says the following:
Seems we'll be paying €65m-€75m for Keita.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/k...ld.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

€75m if they get CL
€70m if they get EL
€65m if they don't qualify for a European Competition.

Great deal for Leipzig. And Liverpool don't have to worry about anyone getting him first.

He wants to stay in London so he is on his way to chelsea along with Ox.
Another player arsenal have to sell otherwise they leave for free next year.
Ozil will hand in his request tomorrow alongside Giroud.

I'd just let everyone go, useless cunts. Start again from scratch.

This side is in need of some footballers for whom the football comes first, there's precious few in it right now.

Chelsea buy Sanchez too. Fuck the money, spend 100m if needed. Sanchez + Hazard will destroy every PL defense and we have a shot at UCL title too. JUST DO IT.

Always believe the fee being touted by the selling club. If Keita is all he's cracked up to be though it's a damn good fee.

I feel Wenger going is the only thing that could stop a player exodus. Bring in someone who could reignite belief at the club. Problem is, nobody's available.

Floody

Can't see Arsenal actually selling Sanchez though, just let him go on a free. Fans are already beyond pissed, selling him to City or Chelsea would probably be the final straw.

Plus, they'd be so fucked without Sanchez too.

sammex

Kicker (biggest futbol magazine in Germany) says release clause is 55 mio.€.

Bild (best german source for football rumours) says the following:

Right but the Times article isn't rumour, it's by Paul Joyce, who has contacts at LFC. Likely it's somewhere in between the two as with all transfers, the selling club inflates the price whilst the buying club deflates it.

T-Rex.

Banned
Banter aside, I do actually feel sorry for Arsenal fans. This is reminiscent of us under H&G, we were on our arse back in 2010 so Liverpool fans know that despair all too well.

Beefy

Right but the Times article isn't rumour, it's by Paul Joyce, who has contacts at LFC. Likely it's somewhere in between the two as with all transfers, the selling club inflates the price whilst the buying club deflates it.

Yep, I would say about £60m

Dadasch

Ehm...it's still a rumour though. It's nothing official.
Bild also has contacts. Especially their Bayern coverage is spot on almost everytime.

sammex

Banter aside, I do actually feel sorry for Arsenal fans. This is reminiscent of us under H&G, we were on our arse back in 2010 so Liverpool fans know that despair all too well.

Arsenal are badly run in the sense they offered Wenger a new deal, they were interviewing replacements and thinking about a director of football but Kroenke made the call to keep him on. They're not in danger of going into administration because of a leveraged buyout and paying £30m a year interest payments to the banks. They're sitting on a load of cash in their bank.

Sanchez going will screw them big time this season.

Monaco trying to buy Balde Keita now... Lemar replacement?

Ehm...it's still a rumour though. It's nothing official.
Bild also has contacts. Especially their Bayern coverage is spot on almost everytime.

It's as official as it gets without being on the Liverpool website.

T-Rex.

Banned
Arsenal are badly run in the sense they offered Wenger a new deal, they were interviewing replacements and thinking about a director of football but Kroenke made the call to keep him on. They're not in danger of going into administration because of a leveraged buyout and paying £30m a year interest payments to the banks. They're sitting on a load of cash in their bank.

Sanchez going will screw them big time this season.
Obviously the situation isn't 1:1! But I just mean the club is rotten: the board, the management, the players, all of them. And then you have their best players wanting out, fans turning against the management, fans fighting amongst each other etc. It's very similar to us back then imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom