• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really difficult to be an Arsenal fan lol. The team is simply not good enough. Players like Walcott, Ramsay, Welbeck are wildly inconsistent. And the manager is stupid. Plays them out of position, benches their best striker vs a big rival, makes stupid substitutions etc. It's like he is not even trying. And he is even letting good players go.

No wonder Troopz got broken.

1. Mané is to Hazard what Joe Allen is to Xavi

581920Edenhazard10.png

check those curves m8 thicc as fuck, mané doesn't stand a chance

3. Hazard rarely dives, he just puts himself very easily into a position where he will be fouled. Mane tried that once but he actually ended up making a dive.

His butt is truly one of God's great gift. Perfection is what I can describe about it. Perfectly curve and bubbly.

I could reply with links of vids of him diving but I'm too tired. So instead I'll remenisce about the time he kicked the ball boy. Cause that was funny as fuck.

hazard-gif-1.gif

I remember he was banned for a couple of matches after the incident, Hazard said he tried to kicked the ball out of that cunt as he was hugging on to it.

Lunar FC

His butt is truly one of God's great gift. Perfection is what I can describe about it. Perfectly curve and bubbly.

hazard-gif-1.gif

I remember he was banned for a couple of matches after the incident, Hazard said he tried to kicked the ball out of that cunt as he was hugging on to it.

Holy shit. How have I never seen this. 😂😂😂

King_Moc

Banned
Only for the last few years, but you're correct now.

Fuck, being an Arsenal fan is frustrating. I feel like Liverpool have officially overtaken us now.

The two clubs are about the same size and probably bring in roughly the same amount of money. But Liverpool definitely seem on the up right now.

Syder

hazard-gif-1.gif

I remember watching this live and laughing so hard because I knew as soon as he kicked the kid he was getting sent off.

That ballboy gif still makes me upset whenever I see it. I can't believe he was banned for that. Fuck that kid.

He fucked his knee up in May. Out until mid-Winter.

Thank you, but I wasn't genuinely asking because it's irrelevant. He'll never make the first team and will unceremoniously leave the club in a year or two.

Zasa

I know we have good players. We have some great players. Ozil can't possibly be as poor and uncreative as he's shown on the field for Arsenal lately. It's impossible. I think the excitement of any managerial change would really spark them back into life.
For sure, Lacazette & Özil (assuming he renews) is already a great base for a top attack. Definitely need some depth & goals from the wings though.

It's really difficult to be an Arsenal fan lol. The team is simply not good enough. Players like Walcott, Ramsay, Welbeck are wildly inconsistent. And the manager is stupid. Plays them out of position, benches their best striker vs a big rival, makes stupid substitutions etc. It's like he is not even trying. And he is even letting good players go.

No wonder Troopz got broken.

Don't forget the guys above Wenger.

DT's rant on upper management was spot on and he sums it up perfectly:

"Everyone within this club in a position of power needs to fuack off."

As for the team: in addition to some guys simply sucking, some in this squad have become far too comfortable putting in mediocre efforts.

For a long time I said, "Yeah, Wenger can't compel them to play for him" and I understand having a manager who can't inspire them and makes things more difficult sucks, but then I remembered they're grown men making hundreds of thousands per week. How about putting in some effort for the fans while you're at it? These aren't kids. They shouldn't need their coach/manager to fire them up or will them to wins. You're a team of 11 guys - fucking get together and figure it out. Sometimes this team looks like a bunch of asshole kids who all dislike each other and were forced to play together. Help one another. Someone show some FUCKING leadership.

The transfer window is closing and so is any chance this team will get any-fucking-thing done this season; that is a depressing prospect just three games in.

As for the team: in addition to some guys simply sucking, some in this squad have become far too comfortable putting in mediocre efforts.

For a long time I said, "Yeah, Wenger can't compel them to play for him" and I understand having a manager who can't inspire them and makes things more difficult sucks, but then I remembered they're grown men making hundreds of thousands per week. How about putting in some effort for the fans while you're at it? These aren't kids. They shouldn't need their coach/manager to fire them up or will them to wins. You're a team of 11 guys - fucking get together and figure it out. Sometimes this team looks like a bunch of asshole kids who all dislike each other and were forced to play together. Help one another. Someone show some FUCKING leadership.

The transfer window is closing and so is any chance this team will get any-fucking-thing done this season; that is a depressing prospect just three games in.

Spot on

Danchi

Monaco holding out for 75-85m for Lermar?

I think one of the higher-ups said he wasn't for sale recently, though I believe the VP said the same thing about Mbappe
(I suppose it's technically a loan...)

They probably feel they can get the same fee (if not more) next year so there's no hurry. The Fabinho to PSG move seems to have broken down, too.

Icolin

Banned
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/902425371408289796

#LFC have agreed a deal with RB Leipzig for the future transfer of Naby Keita: http://lfc.tv/NabyKeita

W H E W

Keita can't come soon enough.

Liverpool Football Club can confirm they have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig for the future transfer of Naby Keita.
The Reds have agreed a deal with the German club and the midfielder that will see the 22-year-old move to Anfield on July 1, 2018 following the conclusion of the current season.
Keita, a Guinea international, joined Leipzig from Red Bull Salzburg in 2016 and scored eight goals in 31 Bundesliga appearances last term to help them to a second-place finish.
”I am delighted that an agreement has been reached which will allow me to join Liverpool Football Club next summer, when I will become part of a project that excites me greatly," he said.
”My commitment to RBL remains absolute for the remainder of my time at the club. I have given my all every time I have worn the shirt – that will be the case until the final whistle, in my final appearance.
”Having my future resolved means I can now focus on helping RBL achieve great things this season. Until I join my new club, next summer, I will remain an interested supporter from a distance."

MikeBison

Was just going to post that. Nice to have an official line.

Now get more done. Today will be depressing if we don't at least match it in transfers ha.

TeddyBoy

Liverbros, I missed the football at the weekend as I was partying it up at Creamfields. Judging by our score line against Arsenal it looks like we smashed them fam, anyone got any good write ups or things to add?

@Newcastle fans/Kyofu: so I've started dating this girl from Middlesbrough and she's a huge 'Brough fan, she isn't liking me supporting Newcastle openly (<3 Rafa) but so long as you keep him I'm always secretly on your side ;)

MikeBison

Liverbros, I missed the football at the weekend as I was partying it up at Creamfields. Judging by our score line against Arsenal it looks like we smashed them fam, anyone got any good write ups or things to add?

@Newcastle fans/Kyofu: so I've started dating this girl from Middlesbrough and she's a huge 'Brough fan, she isn't liking me supporting Newcastle openly (<3 Rafa) but so long as you keep him I'm always secretly on your side ;)

We were fucking excellent. Front 3 were menacing. Sure you can find highlights all over YouTube. Well, well worth a watch.

King_Moc

Banned

We genuinely should have scored a bunch more, Salah can't shoot, and it was as much Arsenal being terrible as it was Liverpool being good. At one point even Henderson beat the offside trap (it's probably too generous to Arsenal to call it that though) to get 1 on 1 with the keeper.

sammex

The worst thing about the Keita deal is that it's given me hope again. Gonna be a long 3 days.

Oh yes.

L'Equipe: #LFC were in negotiations with #ASMonaco all day yesterday, and are searching for an agreement for #Lemar. Talks to continue today.

Twitter rumours that we're after another striker too (possibly as a replacement if Origi leaves)

It's worth watching the highlights, we played some great counter attacking football.

Oh yes.

L'Equipe: #LFC were in negotiations with #ASMonaco all day yesterday, and are searching for an agreement for #Lemar. Talks to continue today.

Twitter rumours that we're after another striker too (possibly as a replacement if Origi leaves)

It's worth watching the highlights, we played some great counter attacking football.

C'mon, we can't be in for another striker. Bobby, Studge, Solanke, and eventually Ings is more than enough for one position.

Buzzed about Kieta, now to play the waiting game...

Doc_Drop

Your relationship will likely last longer than Rafa's employment thanks to Mike Twatly so I wouldn't worry about it

Jimrpg

Don't forget the guys above Wenger.

DT's rant on upper management was spot on and he sums it up perfectly:

"Everyone within this club in a position of power needs to fuack off."

I didn't realise there were people like DT that were doign Vlogs on youtube and were successful at it. I suppose if you have the personality for it. Fair play to the lad.

However as it was my first time watching, its kind of scary how emotional and invested people get.

As an Everton supporter, the most disappointed I ever got was the 2009 FA Cup final vs Chelsea. We were leading! And then we never had a chance.

T-Rex.

Banned
AS Monaco could quickly sell Thomas Lemar to Liverpool. An agreement is now close between the two clubs.

According to our information, the club of the Principality would thus be about to say "yes" to Liverpool , which has just forwarded a proposal amounting to 72 million euros for Thomas Lemar . If nothing is definitively confirmed at the time we close the line, a last-minute bidding is still possible from Tottenham , chances are in any case serious that Thomas Lemar rejoin Liverpool very quickly. If this is the case, the ASM may well recruit an offensive off - center in the final hours of the market.
https://le10sport.com/football/merc...ccord-en-vue-avec-liverpool-pour-lemar-329652

Apparently these guys were saying we were interested in the player since July, so fingers crossed!

fuck off Spurs

T-Rex.

Banned
BREAKING: Man City have made a player-plus-cash offer for Alexis Sanchez involving Raheem Sterling. More on @MirrorFootball

From John Cross who's meant to be a decent Arsenal source iirc.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
fuck off Spurs

Spurs only have the advantage over Liverpool in the market when they are in the Champions League and we aren't. I'm not too worried about their interference.

He's essentially unofficial PR for Arsenal. I'd love for Sterling to be fucked off by Guardiola though :)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
When was the last time a transfer involving a player swap went through? I see it so many times in the news and can't recall a single time it's actually happened.

The last high profile swap I remember was Ibrahimovic/Eto. Milner/Ireland is the only other one that comes to mind.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
BREAKING: Man City have made a player-plus-cash offer for Alexis Sanchez involving Raheem Sterling. More on @MirrorFootball

Getting rid of Sterling feels already like a new signing for City. #whatwouldKloppsay

MikeBison

When was the last time a transfer involving a player swap went through? I see it so many times in the news and can't recall a single time it's actually happened.

It doesn't. Signing a player is hard enough. Both clubs to agree. Player agree to leave. Player agree to wages. Agent fee. Involve more players and it becomes super complex. It's just fanciful football manager journalism most of the time.

You could argue that Rooney helped grease the Lukaku wheels, but I'd say that was special circumstances.

Markitron

This transfer deadline is gonna outdo January 2011 isn't it? For every Luis Suarez there has to be an Andy Carroll.

Markitron

Sterling and Welbeck with that English linkup

I'm so sorry, Lashley

I would piss myself laughing if he left Liverpool for City, only to leave without winning anything, before joining Arsenal at probably their lowest point since 1996.

Be no less than he would deserve. On the plus side, the Europa League patch always did look good on his sleeve.

Markitron

I think they'd probably have to drag Sterling kicking and screaming out of the Etihad for that to happen.

If Pep says he doesn't want him then that's that. Joe Hart was a fan favourite (for some reason) and he was shown no mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom