• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
So why doesn't Bellerin get sent off?

I just feel like from week to week, fans, pundits and clearly the refs interpret the rules in different ways. Zero consistency.

Because his foot didn't make contact with Salah's head and Salah went on and scored.

Have you lost your mind?

Half of them only started supporting the club 5 years ago.

I am and I don't give a fuck, lolololololol. I wish all these low to mid tier teams get bought out by oil sheiks and fuck over all the top teams by stealing their stars.

I wish it happens in all the top European leagues.

Syder

I just feel like from week to week, fans, pundits and clearly the refs interpret the rules in different ways. Zero consistency.
Just because someone didn't get sent off for a similar challenge doesn't mean Mané's wasn't a red. Every incident should be viewed in isolation with the rules of the game in mind.

King_Moc

Banned

He probably should have booked him after the goal. But in asking why he wasn't sent off, are you seriously saying that there is no difference between kicking someone in the head, and not kicking them in the head?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oxlade Chamberlain has become the first player to lose 4-0 in two consecutive PL games with different clubs.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is a day when having so many Liverpool fans around pays off. On the other side, I think the football threads might be again banned soon seeing the level of discussions that we get here after only the first misstep.

MikeBison

He probably should have booked him after the goal. But in asking why he wasn't sent off, are you seriously saying that there is no difference between kicking someone in the head, and not kicking them in the head?

The rules state the red is for endangering an opponent.

Ya'll agreed that Bellerin endangered an opponent.

???

With all of this talk of dangerously high boots: I'm always curious when bicycle kicks in crowded penalty boxes are given a pass. It seems like half the time I see them they get whistled for a foul, and the other half end in wondergoals that the ref doesn't dare wave off. Seems like it would always be 'dangerous'. *shrug*

TeddyBoy

This is a day when having so many Liverpool fans around pays off. On the other side, I think the football threads might be again banned soon seeing the level of discussions that we get here after only the first misstep.

It was much worse before the first FootyGAF threads were banned, there would have to be a lot worse before it happened again (I hope).

liverpool keeper seems absolutey shocking

I thought Mignolet was ok today :lol

So we are going with 3-5-2. Tbo, Rudiger, Luiz, Azpi, Alonso, Kante, Baka, Fab, Moses, Morata, Pedro.

Willian and Hazard on bench.

This week has been a FPL nightmare.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I'm not sure what discussion would have warranted a ban of the thread?

MikeBison

With all of this talk of dangerously high boots: I'm always curious when bicycle kicks in crowded penalty boxes are given a pass. It seems like half the time I see them they get whistled for a foul, and the other half end in wondergoals that the ref doesn't dare wave off. Seems like it would always be 'dangerous'. *shrug*

My point exactly. Even when they do great brought up for a foul, it's never a straight red.

casiopao

Can getting yellow. Still immature huh. If Khedira is there, he would not did that unnecessary challenge.(It is 4-0 right now i know.^^)

MikeBison

Bellerin didn't KO a player.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Yeah that doesn't really answer my query though.

Players get sent off without making contact. If you jump in with two feet, studs up, but don't make contact, it's a red card. Why? Endangering an opponent. As per the rules state.

You all agreed that Bellerin endangered the opponent, so why is he not sent off too.

faridmon

Calvert-Lewin on the bench again.

Perhaps we'll bring him on when we are 2-0 down.

Its disappointing.

Not only him, but Holgate have been fantastic and Old geezer Williams is ahead of him. No tom Davies either.

I am really curious what our gameplan is. There literally 0 pace in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom