• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Tunoku

Ah finally found the new thread.

To reiterate, it makes me really happy to see Kolasinac play in the right position. Same with Bellerin.

Didn't Tottenham once have a kit that was nearly identical to this Bournemouth away strip, sponsor and all? Everytime I look at the screen there's a brief moment where my brain thinks we're playing them.

Edit:
away+1991.1994.png

These Japanese commentators just said that Bellerin took that free kick which was actually Ozil, even during the replays.

Maybe legit streams aren't the way.

Not all fouls should be straight red cards. Even Pep Guardiola didn't think it was a straight red.
A reckless challenge that injures a player should be disciplinary punished.

It's action+consequence, not just action.

Don't think Guardiola will keep that view once he sees the replay.

RocknRola

A strong Valencia would be great news for the Spanish league. Valencia + Sevilla figthing for the top 5 makes everything far more interesting.

You'd think after the massacre at the Etihad, I wouldn't be asking for a goal or two, but Leicester v Chelsea is chugging too slow. Maybe switch to Arsenal.

NHale

1-0 Kane.

It's not August anymore.

A reckless challenge that injures a player should be disciplinary punished.

It's action+consequence, not just action.

Don't think Guardiola will keep that view once he sees the replay.

Not debating the decision but why does consequence matter at all for the punishment? If the head kick resulted in just a scratch would it be a "lesser" punishment?

There are a lot of normal plays that aren't even fouls that end up with bigger consequences than what happened today, should those be punished as well considering the consequence?

It reminds of the game between Hungary vs Portugal where the Hungary players were hunting legs for the entire match but the ref only punished a foul (with a red card) because the elbow opened a gash on Pepe eyebrow. The player deliberately elbowed Pepe but the ref went to look at Pepe's head and only after that he decided what was the punishment. This is baffling to me to be quite honest.

Not debating the decision but why does consequence matter at all for the punishment? If the head kick resulted in just a scratch would it be a "lesser" punishment?

I'm pretty sure it officially doesn't matter. There's no language in the rulebook that goes "If he absolutely clobbers the fella, then..."

A reminder that Pep Guardiola also didn't think this was a red for Valdes

FxWAcYY.gif

MNvHitx.gif

If Mane had kept his boot down and let the keeper clear him out, even though they were both outside of the box, it probably wouldn't have been blown as a foul against the keeper either (assuming he also got the ball). They get away with too much.

RocknRola

Raining like crazy in Leicester, sweet jebus. And here I am still melting away in September lol

--

And Morata just scored! Wow! Cortouis saved a goal for Chelsea (great play by Leicester) and moments later Morata scored with a great header!

Top Bottom