• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Mista

Banned
OFFFF TOOOO THE FIIINNNAAALLLSSSSS !!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Foalington

Neo Member
Champions League Final: 2 English teams

Europa league final: Big big big chance 2 English teams too!!

As a premier league maniac, this makes me happy.

me too. it has been a long long time since these 2 competitions feature english teams finals.

Prison Mike

Banned
Lifelong city fan here used to stand in Kippax at maine road all those years ago can't believe how far we have come bring home number 3 today boys

mekes

I think he’s trying to sell the club. But he’s not investing in it, so Rafa Benitez just left. Fans are livid.

Prison Mike

Banned
Ashley should do the decent thing and sell it to someone willing to take that club forward they have have the fan Base just need the investment

Prison Mike

Banned
So then pre season thoughts as a city boy I'm hoping we build on last year and do the lot . Can't believe this is the man city I used to watch in the Kippax moss side

DKehoe

Gold Member
Really nice goal by Angel Gomes for United against Spurs today (video here). Hoping he and Greenwood get a good amount of playing time this season. Two of the most exciting looking prospects to come out of the United academy in recent years. Greenwood was getting a ridiculous number of goals and assists last year. Gomes’ height is obviously going to be a question mark but he’s looked capable so far.

Teslerum

Me yesterday: Haha, Pepe to Arsenal? Yeah, right as if we're suddenly going to sign one of last years standout players for around 80 million. Get real. Especially after all that bullshit with Zaha.

Me today: :messenger_face_screaming:

Also Zaha today: 🆘

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Arsenal’s signings so far. Smart use of buying from clubs that are allowing installments and the loan for Ceballos and loan back for Saliba to keep costs down this year when the budget it limited. Hope they can get the deal done with Celtic for Kierney. Still need a CB though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Pepe is a good get. Physique is fine for a winger in the premier league. Should be a hell of an attack with Lacazette in front of Aubameyang and Pepe.

As above, they just need to get the damn deal done for Kierney from Celtic and find a CB (even if a loan) to sure up the defense and I like our chances of getting back to Champions League. We were damn close last season finishing 1 point out of 4th in the league and losing in the Europa League final with a much weaker squad that this year’s is shaping up to be. Just getting Holding and Bellerin back will be a huge boost since they both blew out their knees pretty early in the season last year. Some of the youngsters like Willock, Nelson and Nkietah have looked very good in preseason as well and should add depth for the cup games and early Europa games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom