• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “ i had a face to face with Gazidis, it was needed. Rangnick? I don’t know who he is. If things remain like it’s not likely i will stay, i am not an europa league player and Milan is not an europa league team.”

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

UEFA Champions League Quarter/Semi-finals Draw

Ecjw8v4WAAEo9hI

This is lopsided :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Atalanta president Antonio Percassi: "We discussed it with the coach and said we hoped not to face one of the big clubs with a remarkable history behind them. However, we then said, if we end up against Paris Saint-Germain, we’ll have our cards to play. Now we’ll see what happens."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Teslerum

Arsenal have failed in both appeals over Eddie Nketiah's red card against Leicester. Dismissal and suspension upheld, meaning he will miss the next three games (Spurs, Liverpool, Man City).

It was an (unintentional) red, so the right ruling. That red card is not what Arsenal should have appealed after the match though.
Vardy getting off scott free for nearly giving Mustafi brain damage is.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

New regulations in Spain prohibiting betting companies from advertising inside stadiums and on shirts will affect 41 of the 42 teams in the top two tiers of Spanish football. Clubs are estimated to lose a total of €80m.

No betting ads in stadiums too? NICE.

Dark Rider

Hendo is currently irreplaceable in that squad, he's the only midfielder with a reliable long ball (Fabinho is good too, but a bit shy).

Hope is healthy enough to lift the trophy.

Don't worry he can lift the trophy for sure :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
The question is about the start of next season, I think it will be fine unless your first match next season is against Manchester City :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Klopp says he will leave Liverpool when his contract ends in 2024, and do nothing for a year. Then "Maybe a club, a national team or nothing at all. But in five years the world can look very different again."

:pie_thinking:

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie You will have a word with him?

Dark Rider

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCED TO EUR 10 MILLION

Man City Official Statement on CAS

UEFA statement on CAS Manchester City decision

[Sky sports] "There is grounds now for UEFA to go to the Swiss Federal Tribunal". UEFA could respond to Manchester City's European ban being lifted

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCED TO EUR 10 MILLION

Man City Official Statement on CAS

UEFA statement on CAS Manchester City decision

[Sky sports] "There is grounds now for UEFA to go to the Swiss Federal Tribunal". UEFA could respond to Manchester City's European ban being lifted

Glad bring on champions league next Yr

Klopp says he will leave Liverpool when his contract ends in 2024, and do nothing for a year. Then "Maybe a club, a national team or nothing at all. But in five years the world can look very different again."

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie You will have a word with him?

I'll try my best to convince him otherwise lol but I can understand why he'd need a break. This shit must be exhausting. I just hope that by then Stevie G is ready to take over like Zidane did for Real. Dude has legit potential as a manager.

Dark Rider

Glad bring on champions league next Yr

Do you think they will bring it to the Swiss Federal Tribunal? the only problem with their case is that the evidence was obtained illegally.

I'll try my best to convince him otherwise lol but I can understand why he'd need a break. This shit must be exhausting. I just hope that by then Stevie G is ready to take over like Zidane did for Real. Dude has legit potential as a manager.

What if Stevie G couldn't win the league as manager too? :pie_thinking:

Prison Mike

Banned
Nah I can't see the Swiss getting involved, it wasn't just the legality of how they got the evidence it was also took massively out of context.

Dark Rider

Nah I can't see the Swiss getting involved, it wasn't just the legality of how they got the evidence it was also took massively out of context.

I think it was in context and Manchester City is spinning it pretending it's something else for obvious reasons.
The legality of the evidence is the main thing, in fact it is everything since the courts don't take illegal evidence into account in any ruling so if you don't have legal evidence you basically have no evidence in the eyes of the court because they will pretend the illegal evidence doesn't exist in their ruling. In fact check the CAS hearing in it's entirety yourself to see this for yourself.

Prison Mike

Banned
I think it was in context and Manchester City is spinning it pretending it's something else for obvious reasons.
The legality of the evidence is the main thing, in fact it is everything since the courts don't take illegal evidence into account in any ruling so if you don't have legal evidence you basically have no evidence in the eyes of the court because they will pretend the illegal evidence doesn't exist in their ruling. In fact check the CAS hearing in it's entirety yourself to see this for yourself.
I've read it all tbh I'm happy with outcome I know utd Chelsea Leicester prob aren't as they have to earn top 4 now

Dark Rider

I've read it all tbh I'm happy with outcome I know utd Chelsea Leicester prob aren't as they have to earn top 4 now

I'm sure you are happy with the outcome mate :messenger_beaming:
I'm sure the players and staff are also happy.
I'm just pointing out that in context or out of context was just smoke screen because they can't talk on PR about the evidence and admit doing it. The lawyers would not be confident about the ruling prior to the hearing if it was all about the context because that is subjective and the court might disagree with their opinion, the lawyers were smugly sure they will win because it's a all about the illegal evidence being illegal after all no court will accept illegal evidence, it was basically the Manchester City lawyers daring them to present legal evidence if they can fully knowing all they have is the illegal evidence. There is no doubt about it Manchester City DID break the rules, just no one had legal evidence to use in court.

Dark Rider

After Mendy's goal 21 different players have scored for Real Madrid in this season of La Liga, establishing a new historical record. Only Areola, Brahim, Courtois, Militão and Odriozola have played and not scored.

Dark Rider

Manchester United face losing £25m of £75m-a-year adidas sponsorship deal if they miss out on the Champions League for a second year running

Small amount for Manchester United.

Dark Rider

Rummenigge: "We like French players, and they feel at home in Germany. I loved watching Ousmane Dembélé play when he was in Dortmund. He was one of my favourite players. I'm upset because he couldn't make the next step since his move to Barcelona due to several injuries".

DKehoe

Rummenigge: "We like French players, and they feel at home in Germany. I loved watching Ousmane Dembélé play when he was in Dortmund. He was one of my favourite players. I'm upset because he couldn't make the next step since his move to Barcelona due to several injuries".

It’s sad how Dembele went from being up there with Mbappe as “the next big thing” to forgotten about because of injuries and alleged behaviour issues. Hope he can get things back on track.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Comunicado Oficial: Real Madrid formally requests that Madridistas not celebrate at Cibeles if Los Blancos win La Liga

A formality but it need to be said.
But we didn't win it yet though :messenger_grimmacing_

DKehoe

You rather him be at Barcelona or Bayern?

As a neutral on both I don’t have a preference to be honest. I just want to see an exciting young talent reach his full potential. Barcelona does seem to be a bit of a mess right now and Bayern seem to be a lot more organised. So perhaps they would have a better development plan mapped out for him. He had previously excelled in the German league too so maybe that would be a better fit.

Dark Rider

Valencia has communicated to several players that they will not be in their plans for next season, among them: Parejo, Rodrigo, Coquelin, Kondogbia, Mangala, Diakhaby, Gameiro, Cillessen, Rubén Sobrino and Correia

:messenger_grimmacing_

Dark Rider

As a neutral on both I don’t have a preference to be honest. I just want to see an exciting young talent reach his full potential. Barcelona does seem to be a bit of a mess right now and Bayern seem to be a lot more organised. So perhaps they would have a better development plan mapped out for him. He had previously excelled in the German league too so maybe that would be a better fit.

A certain fan base in Germany would not be happy about it though, you wouldn't :messenger_expressionless:

Prison Mike

Banned

Dark Rider

I mean, not to sound harsh to Dortmund fans since it is a great club but you’d think they’d be used to seeing their ex-players playing for Bayern by now.

They will always not be happy about it still despite that :pie_thinking:

Unlike him to fucking moan roll on 2024 when he fucks off

He will say what he think is in the best interest of his own club, so his response is typical really.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Watching Newcastle-Spurs at lunch and it's a great game but.. is it really cold enough in the UK for the jackets everyone is wearing? How do you people put it up with that weather?

Dark Rider

There's a lot of talk about this, I think he will make his decision once all the top clubs in UCL are listed and which is willing to pay him most.

Watching Newcastle-Spurs at lunch and it's a great game but.. is it really cold enough in the UK for the jackets everyone is wearing? How do you people put it up with that weather?

If there is no other choice people just get on with it, but still complain about it endlessly.

Dark Rider

Manchester United's £50m problem: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could be stuck with Alexis Sanchez when he returns from Inter next month... the Chilean is refusing to take a pay cut and has two years left on his £25m-a-year deal

That contract was a masterclass.

Dark Rider

Liverpool are only willing to offer €20M (£18M) - Bayern are demanding €40m (£36M) for Thiago, - No concrete offer has been made yet - Bayern want a quick decision because other transfers for the German side can only be planned once Alcantara is sold

Dark Rider

FIFA World Cup match schedule confirmed: hosts Qatar to kick off 2022 tournament at Al Bayt Stadium.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup match schedule is fully confirmed. Opening game features Qatar on Monday, 21 November 2022 (10am GMT). Final is on December 18, 2022 (3pm GMT).

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
FIFA World Cup match schedule confirmed: hosts Qatar to kick off 2022 tournament at Al Bayt Stadium.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup match schedule is fully confirmed. Opening game features Qatar on Monday, 21 November 2022 (10am GMT). Final is on December 18, 2022 (3pm GMT).

I still cant believe this bullshit is really happening.

Top Bottom