• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Mista

Banned
I went to the emirates today while knowing the outcome. I didn’t give a shite though because im in London and theres no way in fucking hell i’ll be in London and snub an Arsenal game. Congrats my man Prison Mike Prison Mike good game especially after the defeat from United.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I went to the emirates today while knowing the outcome. I didn’t give a shite though because im in London and theres no way in fucking hell i’ll be in London and snub an Arsenal game. Congrats my man Prison Mike Prison Mike good game especially after the defeat from United.
How much does a ticket cost to a Premier League game?

Prison Mike

Banned
Thank you brother you need some defence more than us bro shocking who do u think will take over. Great stadium only been twice as its a pricey trip away.

Prison Mike

Banned
This is football bruv and i’m living in an era that isn’t ours. Glad i witnessed the invincibles. The days where I watched a game while smiling and not a single shite given

Mastermind. Good choice man
I never in my life thought I'd c City challenge loved maine road but my god we were awful haha

At this point I want Leicester to win the League again over Liverpool.

Nothing against the Club but after reading how they are trying to scapegoat that Officer on the Hillsborough Disaster (who'm regrets his decision and took what action he could at that time), I have lost hope that those Fans can't accept their loss and learn to forgive the man rather than give him grief.

Liverpool don't deserve it regardless of their performance this season (I highly respect Alexander Arnold, Oxlaide Chamberlain and Jordan Henderson) purely from their hatred and claiming to be victims all the time even when their own fans caused both disasters.

I accept that City won't win the League but I will still watch my team.

Mista Mista The Club is sadly transitioning to Glory Hunters. I see fans leaving when we are not winning or when we turn it around, they decide to come back and watch. Also had a bad experience from fans being nasty when people are pushing/shoving to get out. I love Man City but we have some terrible fans that do goad the Competition when they lose. (The website is terrible and getting Finals Tickets is an obstecle course as only Season Ticket Holders can get them....the ones who don't watch the smaller games)

I also don't like the hate they have for Man United as I have family who support them but respect City. Even in games in Europe the Chants are always about hating United...my god it is petty now. We are at the top, they shouldn't be rubbing it in all the god damn time! I understand we got a lot of shit from them over the years but let the Trophies do the talking...not the chants about "Clap your hands if you hate United" at every damn game.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
We bullied Chelsea for the entire of first half. Didn’t take any advantage of if at all

Chelsea did the same in the second half but they turned the game around and won. Gutted? Yes but whatever

Teslerum

Up till this moment I've accepted Xhaka leaving.

But fuck me, you can't break up Xhaka-Torreira. What a night. Fantastic from everyone.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Up till this moment I've accepted Xhaka leaving.

But fuck me, you can't break up Xhaka-Torreira. What a night. Fantastic from everyone.
Fuck yeah. And fuck Emery for playing Torreira up high. Clueless prick!

Today our performance was satisfying. Glad to see us win again, almost forgot how it felt mate..

Teslerum

Everyone else: Imma not gonna care about FA Cup
Arteta: Fuck that shit

Edit: To be fair, was necessary. Leeds would have ripped our second team apart with how they're playing.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Xhaka-Guen continues to be a bad midfield.

Guen and Holding worst players on the pitch. Both are not ready yet.

Also Leeds is going to fit right into the Premier League next season as if they were never away.

Edit: Great second half from Guen. Holding still misplaced passes. Xhaka trolled hard. That smile.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Everyone else: Imma not gonna care about FA Cup
Arteta: Fuck that shit

Edit: To be fair, was necessary. Leeds would have ripped our second team apart with how they're playing.
I wonder what he said to them during HT. We were garbage in the first half but in the second half? Totally like a different team!

Teslerum

Unlucky today, pepe should have got the goal. Wasn't great, but ok. Never really feared to lose the game and the goal was a unlucky deflection also.

Mista

Banned
Unlucky today, pepe should have got the goal. Wasn't great, but ok. Never really feared to lose the game and the goal was a unlucky deflection also.
A frustrating deflection. I feel sorry for Auba because it wasn’t intentional at all

Losing Torreira killed us in the second half and gave them confidence boost. We were killing them! Tough luck mate, we still can make it.

Teslerum

Mustafi just ruined any chance he had for a redemption arc. He's gonna be sold soon.

And I'm not even saying that to be mean. He himself realized it immediatly the way he looked.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Fuck Mustafi. I want this clown out of my club!

To be fair I can't say anything too bad about his performance afterwards. But, still. Even Arteta can't seem to get this side of the game out of him. That's why he has to go and needs replacing asap. No redemption arc.

Martinelli, Pepe, Torreira, Guendouzi, Saka did really well today. Big shoutout to Xhaka as well for stepping in at CB when it was needed and doing an excellent job. Bellerin is probably going to get a lot of praise today after the equalizer, but I didn't think it was too great a performance today from him. That said, he's just come back in so that's understandable.

I take the draw. League is gone anyway and we need to concentrate on turning those draws into wins for confidence in the FA Cup and Europa League. Top Priority is getting back into the CL, whichever way possible.

As useless as Mustafi is, at least your manager isn't wilfully negligent towards player fitness and health. I fucking hate football right now.

DKehoe

Jeez, United.......

Interesting that the Liverpool game seems to have been a turning point where pundits that were former United players (Neville, Ferdinand etc) seem to finally be pointing the finger at the Glazers and Woodward. The fan backlash against them is definitely on the rise again as well.

mekes

Interesting that the Liverpool game seems to have been a turning point where pundits that were former United players (Neville, Ferdinand etc) seem to finally be pointing the finger at the Glazers and Woodward. The fan backlash against them is definitely on the rise again as well.

Losing the Liverpool game has been the final straw for some United managers as far as their job is concerned. It’s just the way that it seems to be at United. Tonight was awful, I’m now Ole out. So many problems at the club. Almost everybody employed by the club for 1st team duties, the board and the owners, all need to go. Players are getting worse under Solskjaer, Maguire is playing like an 80m Phil Jones. Watching the team play is like torture!

Teslerum

Losing the Liverpool game has been the final straw for some United managers as far as their job is concerned. It’s just the way that it seems to be at United. Tonight was awful, I’m now Ole out. So many problems at the club. Almost everybody employed by the club for 1st team duties, the board and the owners, all need to go. Players are getting worse under Solskjaer, Maguire is playing like an 80m Phil Jones. Watching the team play is like torture!

I thought Phil Jones was the better defender for you tonight. By far.

DKehoe

A United podcast I listen to was also making the point that for all Woodward’s reputation as this genius businessman, the commercial performance has actually stalled recently and that could also be something that finally removes Woodward’s invulnerability. The problems have been there since the Glazers took over. They were just covered up by Ferguson being Ferguson and him pulling all the strings on the footballing side of things, acting as a manager and Director of Football. Woodward can’t help himself but get involved in that side of things and the structure is a mess. But as long as the Glazers can pay themselves a large dividend they don’t have much motivation to change things.

Teslerum

Absolutly fantastic performance tonight so far. WOW.
Also, hopefully this is not just the lack of quality of Bournemouth, this is the first time I see the Xhaka-Guendouzi midfield working. If Arteta actually has managed to make it work, he deserves tons of credit.

Mista

Banned
Absolutly fantastic performance tonight so far. WOW.
Also, hopefully this is not just the lack of quality of Bournemouth, this is the first time I see the Xhaka-Guendouzi midfield working. If Arteta actually has managed to make it work, he deserves tons of credit.
Saka as a left back have been phenomenal

Teslerum

Saka as a left back have been phenomenal

Having our left back's converted into left wingers by moving Xhaka to left back has given us an attacking threat since Arteta went in that we didn't really have before.

Everyone's been decent, but Willock, Saka and Guendo have been a cut above today.

Teslerum

So, that Xhaka-Guendouzi hope came crashing down after half-time. Still, good that we won, but I really hope to see the game where we perform over the whole 90'. Otherwise I can't say much.

MOTM is between Guendo and Saka.

Top Bottom