• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Karma Jawa

I'm a Glasgow Rangers fan. I just came in hear to hide after last night's disaster.

OK that wasn’t my last post. Used to live with a Blue a few years ago, and even though he liked Chelsea I developed a soft spot for you guys. At least you’re approaching your previous heights. I really detest Celtic.

Hutton though...

Teslerum

Mista Mista In hilarious news, the stupidity incarnated that is ESPN's three stooges that call themselves pundits lay into Saka because he said that Arsenal is getting their playing philosophy back under Arteta.

Choice quotes:

"Arsenal's philosophy was simply go out and get good players* - Craig Burley, ex-Chelsea player.
"They pass the ball quicker now. That's the only difference to before Arteta" - Stevie Nichol, fully focused on destroying any goodwill towards Liverpool.
"Saka is not old enough to know what the Arsenal way is"- Alejandro Moreno, barely good enough to have played in the MLS judges Saka who came up through the ranks and spent his entire life as a footballer at Arsenal.

Verdanth

We need to add the Portuguese championship to the topic.

I'm a Sporting Clube de Portugal supporter, but the club is pretty much dead these days.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Best players in the PL in each position:

GK: Alisson, Ederson, Guaita
LB: Robertson, Digne, Chilwell
CB: Van Dijk, Laporte, Soyuncu
RB: TAA, Reece James, Pereira
CM:Kante, Kovacic, Pogba
CDM: Jorginho, Fabinho, Rodri
CAM: De Bruyne, Silva, Eriksen
LW: Mane, Sane, Son
RW: Sterling, Salah, Bernardo Silva
ST: Aguero, Kane, Vardy

DonJorginho

Banned
Torreira is better mate what are you on about😂

Don't make start talking about Kante
Torreira is a good player but Jorginho is a much better player lol! Kante has declined massively this season but let's not forget that a half fit Kante with a Knee Brace bullied Torreira and sent him off crying in the Europa Final :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mista

Banned
Torreira is a good player but Jorginho is a much better player lol! Kante has declined massively this season but let's not forget that a half fit Kante with a Knee Brace bullied Torreira and sent him off crying in the Europa Final :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
When I said don't make start talking about Kante I meant about how he's the best of them all

You're way over your head if you really think and believe that Jorginho is the best DM in the league

Fabinho and Rodri are way better

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
When I said don't make start talking about Kante I meant about how he's the best of them all

You're way over your head if you really think and believe that Jorginho is the best DM in the league

Fabinho and Rodri are way better

Jorginho is a world class player and would improve ANY midfield in Europe, the exception being Real Madrid.

Mista

Banned
Best players in the PL in each position:

GK: Alisson, Ederson, Guaita
LB: Robertson, Digne, Chilwell
CB: Van Dijk, Laporte, Soyuncu
RB: TAA, Reece James, Pereira
CM:Kante, Kovacic, Pogba
CDM: Jorginho, Fabinho, Rodri
CAM: De Bruyne, Silva, Eriksen
LW: Mane, Sane, Son
RW: Sterling, Salah, Bernardo Silva
ST: Aguero, Kane, Vardy
Aubameyang got more goals than Kane yet he's not on the list but Kane is

Yeah I'll stop right here. Have a good day mate

DonJorginho

Banned
Aubameyang got more goals than Kane yet he's not on the list but Kane is

Yeah I'll stop right here. Have a good day mate

If you want some more facts though.

Pulisic > Fraudola Pepe
Tomori and Christensen > All your CBS
Reece James > Bellerin
Jorginho > Torreira
Kovacic > Ozil
Kante > Guendouzi
Hudson Odoi > Saka (Saka is class though)

Teslerum

As a Spurs fan this will probably be my first and last post in this thread.

Serious question: How do you feel about the last few years? I'll be the first to admit that you had the better team and manager over the past few years than us. Yet, you couldn't capitalize on it with a trophy. (Despite coming close on multiple occassions)

What do you think was missing to make that final step?

Karma Jawa

Serious question: How do you feel about the last few years? I'll be the first to admit that you had the better team and manager over the past few years than us. Yet, you couldn't capitalize on it with a trophy. (Despite coming close on multiple occassions)

What do you think was missing to make that final step?

I think it was a number of factors. In one calendar year we got more points than any other Prem team, but couldn’t do it over a full season. We were great once we got going, but by the time we got started we were already playing catch-up.

The League Cup Final was just a case of being outplayed by a better team.

FA Cup semi-finals against Chelsea and United were partly bad decisions from Pochettino (Son at LB, then Vorm instead of Lloris simply because he’d played in the other rounds).

CL Final, again Pochettino should have played Lucas Moura instead of Kane, who hadn’t played for several weeks. Didn’t help giving away a penalty after 30 seconds.

Wembley and the new stadium probably didn’t help either.

If I had to narrow it down to one thing I’d say Pochettino’s intense training sessions that probably contributed to the multiple injuries we’ve had.

Mista

Banned
We’re getting bullied by fucking Burnley. Arteta needs to sort this out right now!

Pepe must come on

Teslerum

Arteta needs to get away from Lacazette until he's ready. Aside from that we should have won this game in the first half, because Aubameyang had two chances he should have put away anyday. Worst player on the pitch because of it, did simply not do his job.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Arteta needs to get away from Lacazette until he's ready. Aside from that we should have won this game in the first chance, because Aubameyang had two chances he should have put away anyday. Worst player on the pitch because of it, did simply not do his job.
We got lucky to take away a point

Teslerum

We got lucky to take away a point

In the end yes. But Auba losing out 2 times 1 vs 1 on the keeper by his own mistakes.... It just gets me (and that would have been a beautiful assist from Xhaka on the second one as well).

IMO, Lacazette and Özil need to be dropped for a bit (if only to get a break), Auba in front and Martinelli and Pepe should be on the wings. Willock in the middle,

BTW: That Nketiah Sub also came way too late. Arteta was poor today.

Edit: Now into the break. So far our Attack is still really bad (needs major shakeup), but at least our defense is somewhat fixed compared to Emery.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
Hi

I'm a city fan

And maine road days I suffered more than most and to be honest yesterday we looked like we didn't care

mekes

Strange season for City in that how do you raise your level in the league when you know going above and beyond carries no reward? Just dropping that couple of percent can make a difference. The players must be somewhat demotivated in league games.

And in other news the fight for 4th is currently a joke. It truly is the best of a bad bunch. Can anybody put a run together? I’m not sure my team (Utd) can. Especially not in the next 5 games which have some tough games.

DonJorginho

Banned
Strange season for City in that how do you raise your level in the league when you know going above and beyond carries no reward? Just dropping that couple of percent can make a difference. The players must be somewhat demotivated in league games.

And in other news the fight for 4th is currently a joke. It truly is the best of a bad bunch. Can anybody put a run together? I’m not sure my team (Utd) can. Especially not in the next 5 games which have some tough games.

With my team (Chelsea), having to play both you and Tottenham back to back I can see this being the make or break of the top four race for us, we could either make some serious ground over you and Spurs in these next two games or we could blow both games and allow you both to capitalise on our slip up and we could easily finish 6th.

I think Spurs will get the final spot for some reason and you will finish 6th behind us but it will be close for sure.

Still think we should have signed someone in January.

Mista

Banned

Pep should forget about the league and concentrate on the champions league

If City didn’t win it this season, they won’t win it anytime soon. I want an English club to win it this season too!

Prison Mike

Banned
Pep should forget about the league and concentrate on the champions league

If City didn’t win it this season, they won’t win it anytime soon. I want an English club to win it this season too!
We won't win it this season team don't look right not sure what's happening. I have feeling pep will leave in summer he looks jaded

Mista

Banned
We won't win it this season team don't look right not sure what's happening. I have feeling pep will leave in summer he looks jaded
Pep strategy got exposed. Got exposed in Spain and then he left, got exposed in Germany and then he left. Now England next

DonJorginho

Banned
We’re getting bullied by fucking Burnley. Arteta needs to sort this out right now!

Pepe must come on

Opinions on Arteta so far? I think he is class and has a real good personality that could take him far.

Just makes some weird line up decisions like dropping Torreira against Burnley.

Mista

Banned
Opinions on Arteta so far? I think he is class and has a real good personality that could take him far.

Just makes some weird line up decisions like dropping Torreira against Burnley.
As you said. Subs were weird and the gameplan was dead

We could've ended Burnley very early but Auba missed lots of easy chances

Arteta got a great mind for football and he will reach far if he gets to build his own team

DonJorginho

Banned
As you said. Subs were weird and the gameplan was dead

We could've ended Burnley very early but Auba missed lots of easy chances

Arteta got a great mind for football and he will reach far if he gets to build his own team

I think Arteta will go further than Lamps in truth.

And yeah Auba normally finishes those kinda chances.

Opinion on your signings?

Mista

Banned
I think Arteta will go further than Lamps in truth.

And yeah Auba normally finishes those kinda chances.

Opinion on your signings?
Agreed. We got a tough CB that actually plays with his left foot and we got one

Hopefully he proves himself and we get sign him then. Soares is alright since he knows the league very well

DonJorginho

Banned
Agreed. We got a tough CB that actually plays with his left foot and we got one

Hopefully he proves himself and we get sign him then. Soares is alright since he knows the league very well

Mari was great in the FCWC and is a non risk signing with it being a loan deal, Soares has been quite poor this season but with it also being a no risk loan move it could end up being quite the coup!

Mista

Banned
Mari was great in the FCWC and is a non risk signing with it being a loan deal, Soares has been quite poor this season but with it also being a no risk loan move it could end up being quite the coup!
True but also the whole of Southampton are poor this season. I'd have Mari and Soares than Luiz and Mustafi to be honest

Teslerum

He's done mate. He's lucky to even go to Arsenal

I do think both would be pretty ballin if they went to slower leagues. Mustafi's mistakes would be less pronounced (and otherwsie he is a decent enough defender) and Luiz would have an easier time pinging his longballs.

Second wind, similiar to what Premier League FC (Inter) players are doing in the italian league. Even Alexis looked decent again yesterday (even if he didn't score).

Eagerly awaiting Saliba-Mari Defense. Would allow Arteta to focus on Attack again more.

Last edited:
Ancelotti quietly doing a good job at Everton, now upto 5th. Amazing what happens when a team has a competent manager in charge

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
ZIYECH IS A BLUE!

maxresdefault.jpg

Hakim Ziyech will join Chelsea FC on July 1st 2020 for a fee around £38m.

In his Ajax Career in 160 appearances so far he has registered 48 goals and 82 assists, with some of these coming in important UCL ties against the likes of Juventus, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur.

Top Bottom