• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

Thoughts on Hazard?

He did not play enough for me to pass judgement. So far it is a loss of money due to all the injuries, next season though I would be able to assess him as our player better.

Man I really would love to see Real managing to knock City off the UCL.. Slim chance but never say never with my boys :)

No Ramos no party, I don't think we will make it. And the other thing is that our attack is dead (compared to years gone)
We can't score (dead basically by our standards) + very weakened defense (no Ramos) + Missing our team leader (Ramos) = we have no chance of advancing whatsoever.

Dark Rider

Atlético has to knock out Liverpool from the CL.
Just imagine the meltdowns.
Simeone getting Klopp sacked, just imagine :D

Liverpool will play out of their minds and Atlético attack being weak this season does not inspire confidence that Atlético will make it BUT they do have a good chance to do so.

Madrid will knock City out of the CL

I don't think so. Last year we had the same problems in the second leg (no Ramos + weakened attack) and the result of that was Ajax knocking us out of the competition.

Dark Rider

Juventus chairman Agnelli: "I have a lot of respect for what Atalanta is doing but without international history and only one good season, they are playing in the top international club competition... Is this fair?"

Juve chairman is still harping trying to get a super league going
Atalanta deserve to be in the UCL and Agnelli dreams of a super league should be crushed

Dark Rider

I see that no one posted the europa league draw results so here they are:

hCVsvSi.jpg

P.S. Frankfurt will play Basel

any predictions?

Mista

Banned
What is Arsenal goals this season really? can they get a european spot?
Olympiacos is going through all BPL clubs one by one :messenger_fire:
In the league yes the points are close. We targeted the Europa League so it becomes easier but we got to fight in the league now

Dark Rider

In the league yes the points are close. We targeted the Europa League so it becomes easier but we got to fight in the league now

hm so you have two ways of achieving a europa league spot, winning the FA cup or being top 5
if the ban on manchester city stands the 6th spot will get a spot in the europa league too

Mista

Banned
hm so you have two ways of achieving a europa league spot, winning the FA cup or being top 5
if the ban on manchester city stands the 6th spot will get a spot in the europa league too
Yeah but Arsenal wants CL and not the half assed EL

Dark Rider

Éder Militão will start for Real Madrid against Manchester City on the 2nd leg of Champions League Round of 16 but it is very unlikely he will be tested in any of the 2 league games before that match.

Prison Mike

Banned
Éder Militão will start for Real Madrid against Manchester City on the 2nd leg of Champions League Round of 16 but it is very unlikely he will be tested in any of the 2 league games before that match.

We just need to stay strong at the back as I can see us scoring against real

Dark Rider

Arthur Melo has suffered an ankle injury in training.

I hope Barcelona does not ruin another team again for their own shortsightedness

Dark Rider

L’Equipe claims Mauro Icardi struggles to get along with Neymar and Kylian Mbappe at Paris Saint-Germain, leading to rumours about a possible exit

Despite our lacking attack line up I would not take him. him and his goblin of a wife are guaranteed to cause problems for any club.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
L’Equipe claims Mauro Icardi struggles to get along with Neymar and Kylian Mbappe at Paris Saint-Germain, leading to rumours about a possible exit

Despite our lacking attack line up I would not take him. him and his goblin of a wife are guaranteed to cause problems to any club.

I totally forgot Icardi was at PSG now. I guess that's what happens when you go to PSG.

Dark Rider

I totally forgot Icardi was at PSG now. I guess that's what happens when you go to PSG.

He and specifically his wife were trouble makers when he was in Inter too. His wife is cancer and he is an idiot who will go with it.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Setien insisting players happy with several elements of Clasico performance. "We created seven chances, we had four clear chances in the first half."

Barcelona were better in the first half, Real Madrid dominated the second half and scored twice.
If Barcelona continue the way they are currently I don't see Setien keeping his job for long.

Dark Rider

Atlético vs Sevilla draw 2 - 2
Atlético need to focus on Liverpool now.
What if they played behind closed door because of the coronavirus? would Liverpool fans revolt? :sneaky:

Mista

Banned
Leno with huge saves today! For the first time ever I’m thankful for VAR otherwise we would’ve been robbed

Dark Rider

Leno with huge saves today! For the first time ever I’m thankful for VAR otherwise we would’ve been robbed

What is the verdict on Ceballos at Arsenal? he does not seem quality enough for us but have potential to step up and so far he didn't. In part it is his own fault but also it is the unsuitability in Arsenal at fault as well. Maybe we should find another club for him to grow, or if he won't step up to be sold.

Mista

Banned
What is the verdict on Ceballos at Arsenal? he does not seem quality enough for us but have potential to step up and so far he didn't. In part it is his own fault but also it is the unsuitability in Arsenal at fault as well. Maybe we should find another club for him to grow, or if he won't step up to be sold.
Solid player with great footwork. His only downside is that he’s heavy

Dark Rider

Solid player with great footwork. His only downside is that he’s heavy

Too slow when he need to move fast? what does he need to do to have more playtime? he did not play much for the entire season (the time he was injured aside)

Mista

Banned
Too slow when he need to move fast? what does he need to do to have more playtime? he did not play much for the entire season (the time he was injured aside)
Yes. Also thats something he can't control because he's just the heavy type. He got a great view of the pitch, great passing, and great footwork. He's a proper midfielder

He played a lot under Emery but when Arteta came of course he have to prove himself. He got injured and when he returned he was sloppy but stepped his game up

The lad wants to go to the Euro and I can see it

Dark Rider

Yes. Also thats something he can't control because he's just the heavy type. He got a great view of the pitch, great passing, and great footwork. He's a proper midfielder

He played a lot under Emery but when Arteta came of course he have to prove himself. He got injured and when he returned he was sloppy but stepped his game up

The lad wants to go to the Euro and I can see it

I feel he can do well with either a defensive side where he is taking control of the game or alternatively a side that press high and keep the ball so he is in the middle of the opposite team half to create chances for his team mates.

Dark Rider

Another defeat this season....
Neither Real Madrid nor Barcelona are at their best this season but then fate has it that Atlético Madrid are going through a rebuild too and can't take advantage. The rest of the gang are not in a good place too as Sevilla, Valencia and the other teams are in bad form. The only exception is Getafe :messenger_grinning:

DonJorginho

Banned
A great 4-0 win for us yesterday, and Billy GOATmour again with a 10/10 performance.

Ross Barkley great aswell, as was Mount.

Hoping City do us a favour against Arsenal and Spurs and United draw so we can extend our lead further.

mekes

I do like the way Chelsea play under Lampard and your youth seem extremely promising. Have to be honest, I’ve hated Chelsea since Abramovich took over, have often seemed like a team of big mercenaries. But this current team is easy on the eye and you just can’t hate on young players trying to make it.

DonJorginho

Banned
I do like the way Chelsea play under Lampard and your youth seem extremely promising. Have to be honest, I’ve hated Chelsea since Abramovich took over, have often seemed like a team of big mercenaries. But this current team is easy on the eye and you just can’t hate on young players trying to make it.

I can completely understand why teams hate us, we went from a midtable side to a titan with countless amounts of Russian Blood Money overnight.

I do love this young team, some of the players I am not as sold on as other people (Abraham for one), but overall I am very happy with the young talent bleeding through.

I can see us spending a decent amount in the summer as our squad is lacking in quality and depth and Lampard is doing miracles with this squad to have us where we are right now.

I would want a top LB (Telles, Grimaldo, Gaya), a great ST (Edouard, Werner, Dembele) and a winger (Sancho, Chukwueze, Bailey).

These three are our priorities, after that we can talk a new midfielder to replace the aging and declining Kante and Jorginho, and a WC CB but apart from that we just need a few really quality players and we are set.

Who do you support mate?

mekes

I can completely understand why teams hate us, we went from a midtable side to a titan with countless amounts of Russian Blood Money overnight.

I do love this young team, some of the players I am not as sold on as other people (Abraham for one), but overall I am very happy with the young talent bleeding through.

I can see us spending a decent amount in the summer as our squad is lacking in quality and depth and Lampard is doing miracles with this squad to have us where we are right now.

I would want a top LB (Telles, Grimaldo, Gaya), a great ST (Edouard, Werner, Dembele) and a winger (Sancho, Chukwueze, Bailey).

These three are our priorities, after that we can talk a new midfielder to replace the aging and declining Kante and Jorginho, and a WC CB but apart from that we just need a few really quality players and we are set.

Who do you support mate?

Yeah super long term United fan, since 89 because everybody back then supported Liverpool. Choosing United turned out to be an inspired choice lol. I really started paying attention when Giggs broke into the team, before Giggs I never really enjoyed watching footy, just playing. Giggs scored a goal in the 90-91 season against Tottenham, nutmegged 2 defenders and then the keeper that as a kid I thought was the best shit ever.

I would have thought you’d spend big this summer. I wouldn’t mind Sancho at United, I’ve only really seen highlights but Uniteds thing at the mo is a need to add players that can produce a final ball. I worry it won’t take long til Fernandes is marked out of games. Since my team are hoping to pinch 4th place which Chelsea occupy, I read a stat the other day that was shocking. United have had 8 chances to gain ground on Chelsea this season but every time that Chelsea drop points, United also drop points! It’s been an aggravating season for United, I hope for a small bit of consistency before the season ends!

DKehoe

Gold Member
I would have thought you’d spend big this summer. I wouldn’t mind Sancho at United, I’ve only really seen highlights but Uniteds thing at the mo is a need to add players that can produce a final ball. I worry it won’t take long til Fernandes is marked out of games.

This is my concern too. Fernandes has been fantastic but I wonder if teams will be able to shut him, and with him United's creativity, down by marking him out of the game. This is what happened a lot with Pogba. United relied so much on their game going through him that teams focused on neutralising him and it left United toothless. Fernandes could be even more susceptible to this as he doesn't have the physical element Pogba does.

Dark Rider

Speaking of Pogba, can United please keep him? He is willing to suck the life out of any team and kill their performance whenever he's not happy for whatever reason. I don't like that kind of unprofessional attitude.
This is why I was fine with us selling the likes of Özil and Di María while the other teams were saying we were out of our minds. thanks papa Flo :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

UCL matches of the day:

Valencia vs. Atalanta
RB Leipzig vs. Tottenham Hotspur

predicting Atalanta and Leipzig to go through.

Top Bottom