• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

Nope, Oliver just pointed to his watch. Goal line technology is the excuse, but as viewers we normally see the incident with the distance breakdown and that wasn't shown.

Was it on? Technical error? Notifications not on? SHOW US.

Oliver is about to get roasted to a crisp for it.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Luiz is about as useful as tits on a bull. Fucking Christ. 😂😂😂

5thTlpm.jpg

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Yeah I'll be super happy to see Luiz piss off after the season. I wouldn't play him again this season unless there's literally no other option.

Dark Rider

Told you Arsenal never had a chance. That's a poorly coached poor roster that's soft as fuck. Man City, on the other hand, continues to be a buzzsaw. Luckily we just have to pick up a couple of victories.

I knew it was hard for Arsenal to do but all I said that there was a chance that's all :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Calling Arsenal poorly coached could trigger Mista Mista though :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You have excellent taste! How are you feeling about United coming back?

VERY, VERY positive. I'm really feeling great things coming from this team, we might probably only need Sancho on the right flank. Greenwood is a beast, he recorded a 37.6km/h sprint this season! I can see him being our next big 9. Rashy is doing great on the left, we only lack an insane dribbler on the right flank like Sancho. Martial is very good, but as a sub for Greenwood in the next season or after.

Daniel James is another bullet that will fatten our choices from the bench. Having both Pogba and Bruno together gonna be mint! Can't wait to smash Spurs! :lollipop_horns:

DKehoe

Gold Member
VERY, VERY positive. I'm really feeling great things coming from this team, we might probably only need Sancho on the right flank. Greenwood is a beast, he recorded a 37.6km/h sprint this season! I can see him being our next big 9. Rashy is doing great on the left, we only lack an insane dribbler on the right flank like Sancho. Martial is very good, but as a sub for Greenwood in the next season or after.

Daniel James is another bullet that will fatten our choices from the bench. Having both Pogba and Bruno together gonna be mint! Can't wait to smash Spurs! :lollipop_horns:

Yeh I’m feeling really optimistic about the team just now. I can’t remember the last time the squad was injury free so having everyone back is going to be great.

Greenwood is such an exciting prospect. The best talent out of the academy in a long time. He could really be something special. He’s such a natural finisher and his ability with both feet is really going to fuck defenders up.

Dark Rider

Mista Mista will have to deal with it because the ghost of Unai Emery will always haunt that franchise lol.

Emery is the same type of couch as Rafa, he like to get personal and intimate with how each player play on the pitch, if the players complied and gave their best they will perform exceptionally but if their ego is bigger than letting a coach telling them how to play on the pitch the whole thing fall apart because the players do not do the coach bidding tactically. I feel that is how it went down with Emery at Arsenal.

Napoli take the Coppa Italia from Juventus after pens! Super happy for Gattuso (his first trophy) and the Napoli squad, who remind me of the Phoenix Suns in the NBA--critically acclaimed, but not having any silverware. At least they can say they beat the top 3 in Serie A to claim the trophy.

At some point, you have to wonder whether Sarri is actually a good manager, and if he isn't, how the hell did he do what he did at Napoli.

Emery is the same type of couch as Rafa, he like to get personal and intimate with how each player play on the pitch, if the players complied and gave their best they will perform exceptionally but if their ego is bigger than letting a coach telling them how to play on the pitch the whole thing fall apart because the players do not do the coach bidding tactically. I feel that is how it went down with Emery at Arsenal.

I don't know man, you go from one of the greatest managers of all time to a guy who likes to get "personal and intimate" with fools and that's quite hard to recover, especially in the most competitive league in the world.

ILoveGTR

As a Beşiktaş fan unfortunetaly im saying we are struggling nowadays. we used to destroy world tier teams in CL but now we are loosing to Anatolian teams lol :FeelsSadMan:

Dark Rider

I don't know man, you go from one of the greatest managers of all time to a guy who likes to get "personal and intimate" with fools and that's quite hard to recover, especially in the most competitive league in the world.

A little tactics go a long way in the BPL
that is how Pep steamrolled the BPL for a while and this is what Liverpool are doing for two seasons.
The BPL is average in terms to tactics on the pitch but benefit greatly from the fact that the top teams are about on the same (average tactically) level so you get competitive matches that are poor on tactics.

As a Beşiktaş fan unfortunetaly im saying we are struggling nowadays. we used to destroy world tier teams in CL but now we are loosing to Anatolian teams lol :FeelsSadMan:

Welcome to the football thread :messenger_beaming:
As a Beşiktaş fan can I ask you a question? How did you feel about that player reveal ad "Come to Beşiktaş"?

Last edited:

ILoveGTR

A little tactics go a long way in the BLP
that is how Pep steamrolled the BPL for a while and this is what Liverpool are doing for two seasons.
The BPL is average in terms to tactics on the pitch but benefit greatly from the fact that the top teams are about on the same (average tactically) level so you get competitive matches that are poor on tactics.

Welcome to the football thread :messenger_beaming:
As a Beşiktaş fan can you ask you a question? How did you feel about that player reveal ad "Come to Beşiktaş"?
That "Come to Beşiktaş" thing is like a meme that every football fan uses here. People say this to every single tier 1 player now. So if you want me to ask a question about Beşiktaş uhmm.. I would like to learn your opinions on my team?)

Dark Rider

That "Come to Beşiktaş" thing is like a meme that every football fan uses here. People say this to every single tier 1 player now. So if you want me to ask a question about Beşiktaş uhmm.. I would like to learn your opinions on my team?)

That was a typo I wanted to say "can I ask you a question" :messenger_grinning_sweat:
But to answer your question I think Beşiktaş is a decent team that has it's ups and down, in a good year they can be tough at home in the UCL but they spend more years down than playing good in the UCL.

ILoveGTR

That was a typo I wanted to say "can I ask you a question" :messenger_grinning_sweat:
But to answer your question I think Beşiktaş is a decent team that has it's ups and down, in a good year they can be tough at home in the UCL but they spend more years down than playing good in the UCL.
Thank you. You can ask how much you want i will try to answer them all))

The return of the EPL has me thinking about a common debate among football fans - the best player in the world debate.

For me, it's a pointless debate in many ways since "best" can never be an absolute, but it's always fun to consider and discuss. Usually the debate hinges on forwards/strikers, and that's understandable as they get the lion's share of the glory.

But for me, the real engine of any great squad is a distributor out of the middle, without whom strikers simply vanish. Playmakers that have vision and deft touch to carve open space for attackers to put the ball on goal are the most exciting players on the field for me.

Where I'm headed with this, is that in my estimation, I see a real argument for De Bruyne as the best player in the world at the moment. I realize that may be an unusual opinion, but if you give me a midfield with two or three of him, I think we never lose.

Anyone else hold him in such high esteem. I'll leave while everyone screams "Ronaldo" and "Messi". :p

Dark Rider

The return of the EPL has me thinking about a common debate among football fans - the best player in the world debate.

For me, it's a pointless debate in many ways since "best" can never be an absolute, but it's always fun to consider and discuss. Usually the debate hinges on forwards/strikers, and that's understandable as they get the lion's share of the glory.

But for me, the real engine of any great squad is a distributor out of the middle, without whom strikers simply vanish. Playmakers that have vision and deft touch to carve open space for attackers to put the ball on goal are the most exciting players on the field for me.

Where I'm headed with this, is that in my estimation, I see a real argument for De Bruyne as the best player in the world at the moment. I realize that may be an unusual opinion, but if you give me a midfield with two or three of him, I think we never lose.

Anyone else hold him in such high esteem. I'll leave while everyone screams "Ronaldo" and "Messi". :p

Is stevie g your best player of all time? or is it hendo?

I think "best player" in a sport where each team has 11 players on the field is a pretty hard argument to make.

I agree that De Bruyne would probably be up there on my list of Most Valuable Player for many of the reasons you named. He doesn't just play well but he also lifts the team up with himself and you can tell the affects he has on the pitch when he's there.

I think "best player" in a sport where each team has 11 players on the field is a pretty hard argument to make.

I agree that De Bruyne would probably be up there on my list of Most Valuable Player for many of the reasons you named. He doesn't just play well but he also lifts the team up with himself and you can tell the affects he has on the pitch when he's there.

Yeah, his impact on a match is palpable. Like any player, he can have a rough patch, but more often than not, he's the engine behind the flow of the game, and it's obvious.

Dark Rider

Werner to Chelsea official.

Damn, what a great signing for them.

It will be interesting to see what his peak will be like (assuming he can become even better)

you know I'm joking :messenger_tears_of_joy:
But you just stated your opinion about midfielders and player makers are what you value the most, so as a big fan of those positions what's your opinion on stevie g and hendo?

Yeah, his impact on a match is palpable. Like any player, he can have a rough patch, but more often than not, he's the engine behind the flow of the game, and it's obvious.

He needs to up his consistency because the players he is competing with for the best player title are more consistent than him. For Manchester City he is one of the main players behind their recent success.

you know I'm joking :messenger_tears_of_joy:
But you just stated your opinion about midfielders and player makers are what you value the most, so as a big fan of those positions what's your opinion on stevie g and hendo?

My opinion, my opinion. My opinion is that they are filthy Liverpool dogs.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

And yeah, De Bruyne could be more consistent, but when he's at his best, he is, for me, the best.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I disagree alot with that statement de bruyne can thread passes no other can

He can but those two are better. These two won 3 UCLs in a row, 4 UCLs in 5 years. When they are at thier best they are magic.

Yeah, I can see that argument. I'm not attached to the idea of any "best" player, fwiw. The great ones all have their moments. I'm just glad we get to watch. (again)

I completely agree that it's a joy to watch them all and enjoy but I think some are better than others but that does not take away from De Bruyne or anyone else really.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
De Bruyne is a great player, but don't wanna hear more BS about him when Bruno Fernandes has already joined the party, even Bruno doesn't wanna hear that BS.

1582888653_058135_noticia_normal.jpg

:lollipop_horns: :lollipop_horns: :lollipop_horns:

Dark Rider

De Bruyne is a great player, but don't wanna hear more BS about him when Bruno Fernandes has already joined the party, even Bruno doesn't wanna hear that BS.

1582888653_058135_noticia_normal.jpg

:lollipop_horns: :lollipop_horns: :lollipop_horns:

At least give him a season to see how he fairs before you praise him into high heaven :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Pogba had more global recognition and look how it ended up so far :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
At least give him a season to see how he fairs before you praise him into high heaven :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Pogba had had more global recognition and look how it ended up so far :pie_thinking:

Well both have impressive numbers this season according to their play time, don't you agree? :messenger_smirking:

Dark Rider

Hmm, I think he does better than any so far in his position, aside from his drama, with is few minutes played his far ahead. Wanna see both of them together in few hours against Spurs!

He is supposed to be a superstar that will deliver Manchester United into a new glory era
He failed at that by all measures
sure he can do decently here and there but he is bad often
Manchester United payed a LOT for his transfer fee + his wadges + his agent fee (people forget how high his agent fees were) and he did not deliver anything to show for it.

again he can be decent but nothing to what he is supposed to do, again imho

EDIT: I forgot to add how Manchester United celebrated his signing in an ad campaign with "PogBack" they hyped it up as a decisive signing

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
He is supposed to be a superstar that will deliver Manchester United into a new glory era
He failed at that by all measures
sure he can do decently here and there but he is bad often
Manchester United payed a LOT for his transfer fee + his wadges + his agent fee (people forget how high his agent fees were) and he did not deliver anything to show for it.

again he can be decent but nothing to what he is supposed to do, again imho

Well, I didn't lose faith in him yet, he's still a CM, and having a true AM (Bruno) and smart forwards instead of Lukaku means a lot of his chances made could generate goals/assists.

Still have faith on him, although the young Traore from the academy can be a very decent replacement, a free one in that regard.

Dark Rider

Well, I didn't lose faith in him yet, he's still a CM, and having a true AM (Bruno) and smart forwards instead of Lukaku means a lot of his chances made could generate goals/assists.

Still have faith on him, although the young Traore from the academy can be a very decent replacement, a free one in that regard.

Having faith is good, if the player attitude warranted it, I don't think Pogba does
Looking at his Juventus days (which is where he shone and his time there is what put his name on the superstar map) he was an AM there more than anything if memory serves me right, so I don't see how bringing in another AM help him, in fact I'd argue it will lead to a lack of defensive actors in the midfield. Sure if the opponent is weak you can overwhelm them with two AM doing their best (so Spurs might be a a victim to this in their current weakened state) but when facing any good teams the lack of defensive actors in the midfield will be very painful for Manchester United

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member

In terms of midfield prospects in the academy I'm more excited about Mejbri.

Having faith is good, if the player attitude warranted it, I don't think Pogba does
Looking at his Juventus days (which is where he shone and his time there is what put his name on the superstar map) he was an AM there more than anything if memory serves me right, so I don't see how bringing in another AM help him, in fact I'd argue it will lead to a lack of defensive actors in the midfield. Sure if the opponent is weak you can overwhelm them with two AM doing their best (so Spurs might be a a victim to this in their current weakened state) but when facing any good teams the lack of defensive actors in the midfield will be very painful for Manchester United

United's more pressing concern was a lack of creativity and the inability to break down teams who would sit back. That's where Bruno is going to be a big help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom