• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

DKehoe

A draw for United isn’t the worst result,. They looked much better with Pogba on the pitch. Him and Fernandes seemed to link up well so that’s promising.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
De Gea wasn’t great at trying to save the goal but Keane is going mental over it

Yes, when you have your academy GK being the best keeper in the EPL, English, Homegrown and you waste a fortune on De Gea who's only gonna degrade from his prime going forward then Keane should get mad.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Yes, when you have your academy GK being the best keeper in the EPL, English, Homegrown and you waste a fortune on De Gea who's only gonna degrade from his prime going forward then Keane should get mad.

Its gonna be interesting to see what happens with Henderson. De Gea isn’t making it easy on himself. I could see them keeping Henderson next season, playing him in cups and Europe and giving him that chance to directly compete for the #1 spot.

Richarlison: "Van Dijk is not the best defender in the world. I've dribbled past him. Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Sergio Ramos are all better."

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie synchronicity synchronicity
shots fired

I need some video evidence of Richarlison dribbling past Van Djik. The only one of those who in the PEAK was (almost) as good as Virgil was Ramos and even then Virgil doesn't have a history of using a MMA move to knock out of action the opposition's best player in a UCL Final.

Dark Rider

I need some video evidence of Richarlison dribbling past Van Djik.

sure here at the 55 seconds mark

The only one of those who in the PEAK was (almost) as good as Virgil was Ramos and even then Virgil doesn't have a history of using a MMA move to knock out of action the opposition's best player in a UCL Final.

Ramos has been at the top for over a decade
VVD didn't achieve that level not even once yet in his entire career but who knows maybe in the future :messenger_sunglasses:

Richarlison: "Van Dijk is not the best defender in the world. I've dribbled past him. Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Sergio Ramos are all better."

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie synchronicity synchronicity
shots fired

Ho boy. Let's give the top team in the league some fuel to the fire. Smart boy, smh. 6-0.

sure here at the 55 seconds mark

Ramos has been at the top for over a decade
VVD didn't achieve that level not even once yet in his entire career but who knows maybe in the future :messenger_sunglasses:

He didn't keep possession, that's not dribbling past anyone. He lost control of the ball and dove. Like the bitch he is.

Ramos never had an year as good as Virgil had last season, but you're right that he has been very consistent for a very long time and that's laudable. Peak Virgil has been messianic though.

Dark Rider

He didn't keep possession, that's not dribbling past anyone. He lost control of the ball and dove. Like the bitch he is.

Well that's his claim mate :messenger_beaming:

Ramos never had an year as good as Virgil had last season, but you're right that he has been very consistent for a very long time and that's laudable. Peak Virgil has been messianic though.

Agree to disagree then, VVD last season did not reach Ramos levels at all imo :messenger_sunglasses:

DKehoe

Zidane moves into second on club’s list of all-time wins as coach with 133 wins equalling Vicente Del Bosque and meaning he now sits behind only Miguel Muñoz, who picked up 357 Whites’ wins.

:messenger_heart:

Huh, I would have figured there would still be a few ahead of him. Zidane still feels like a relatively new manager to me.

Zidane moves into second on club’s list of all-time wins as coach with 133 wins equalling Vicente Del Bosque and meaning he now sits behind only Miguel Muñoz, who picked up 357 Whites’ wins.

:messenger_heart:

What a career - both player and manager. And, even if it may have cost them the cup, I'll always love him for this:

tenor.gif

;)

Dark Rider

Huh, I would have figured there would still be a few ahead of him. Zidane still feels like a relatively new manager to me.

I just hope he stay as our manager for a long while :messenger_sunglasses:

What a career - both player and manager. And, even if it may have cost them the cup, I'll always love him for this:

tenor.gif

;)

I remember watching that live and I remember thinking the cup might be gone because of it. I think everyone did seeing him get sent off :messenger_astonished:

I remember watching that live and I remember thinking the cup might be gone because of it. I think everyone did seeing him get sent off :messenger_astonished:

I definitely had that vibe at the time. It just felt like that ended the French hopes. But I can't stand the Italians, (Not the people - the international club.) so I loved watching that headbutt, lol. IMO, they dive way too much and are always looking for an unfair edge and it drives me crazy. I do really admire their style of play otherwise though.

Dark Rider

I definitely had that vibe at the time. It just felt like that ended the French hopes. But I can't stand the Italians, (Not the people - the international club.) so I loved watching that headbutt, lol. IMO, they dive way too much and are always looking for an unfair edge and it drives me crazy. I do really admire their style of play otherwise though.

I really wonder if people blame Zidane or Trezeguet for that trophy lose
Materazzi got praised for getting Zidane sent off

I really wonder if people blame Zidane or Trezeguet for that trophy lose
Materazzi got praised for getting Zidane sent off

I don't know, but I think losing Zidane probably deflated the French, at least a bit. I guess we'll never know how things might have played out if the headbutt never happened.

Teslerum

6000 trees will be planted tops.

0. I've got no confidence until and if certain injuries are back.

Bellerin should just shut up anyway. I know he's had a great time virtue signaling over twitter the past few months, but if anything he should have used that time to improve technically. Fact is he's lost his main asset (speed) for years now and aside from that he's dreadful.

Dark Rider

6000 trees will be planted tops.

Someone should tell him to commit planting trees for draws and defeats too
maybe 2000 for a draw and 1000 for a defeat
this way earth doesn't miss out because of his team performance.

0. I've got no confidence until and if certain injuries are back.

Bellerin should just shut up anyway. I know he's had a great time virtue signaling over twitter the past few months, but if anything he should have used that time to improve technically. Fact is he's lost his main asset (speed) for years now and aside from that he's dreadful.

Arsenal will win at least one match but from my point of view the fans should fear next season more than whatever is happening right now.

Dark Rider

Honestly, I don't. I can see next season easily be better than this one. Not a return to form, but better.

No European football will entails:
-all top players or potential top players will reject transfer to your club
-all current Arsenal players that deem themselves top players may leave the club

It will be tough

Last edited:

Teslerum

No European football will entails:
-all top players or potential top players will reject transfer to your club
-all current Arsenal players that deep themselves top players may leave the club

It will be tough

We're not the first top-side to face this scenario. We won't be the last. If we can't get through it we deserve to be a mid-table club.

Dark Rider

We're not the first top-side to face this scenario. We won't be the last. If we can't get through it we deserve to be a mid-table club.

The other top sides that face this either had owners that are willing to throw money at the problem to save them or sunk even further at least temporarily
Arsenal owner is not interested at spending a fraction what those other owners spend.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Azurro Azurro Are you a Juventus fan? If so, how do you see Cristiano future at the club and how many years do Juventus expect to have him?

Yup, for a long time now. I don't think there is much to the rumors of CR7 leaving, there's not many other teams out there that can provide a decent go at a CL trophy and can also pay him his wages, so at the very least he'll fulfill his contract, so another couple of years at least. I just hope either Sarriball kicks into gear at some point, or we get a decent coach in, as we are wasting CR7 so far.

Dark Rider

Yup, for a long time now. I don't think there is much to the rumors of CR7 leaving, there's not many other teams out there that can provide a decent go at a CL trophy and can also pay him his wages, so at the very least he'll fulfill his contract, so another couple of years at least. I just hope either Sarriball kicks into gear at some point, or we get a decent coach in, as we are wasting CR7 so far.

But who to replace Sarri?
Zidane is hopefully staying at Real Madrid for a while so if Sarri is sacked I hope those rumors don't pop up again :messenger_beaming:
As for Cristiano if he's happy then yeah I can see him staying the full contract duration but I assume he want another ballon d'or and I'm sure he want Juventus to facilitate that for him by winning the UCL

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Seems like an odd choice on Barcelona's part here

Barcelona have been a mess for a while now so nothing is surprising. I though they wanted a swap deal though?
EDIT: that price tag is inflated and should have been lower, this only serves to prevent the market prices from going down. But Barcelona are not the only ones doing this post covid19, Chelsea on that train too so far.

Last edited:
Swap + that price tag? yes that will sustain the price bubble longer

From my (admittedly very cursory) research, seems like the valuation of Arthur is not incredibly higher than that of Pjanic (70m vs 80m or so), so in all actuality, very little in terms of cash would be moving between the two clubs. You're right, though, the value bubble isn't going to deflate after seeing these numbers.

Plus, what I had heard from friends who watch Juventus was that Pjanic had been mediocre the past year or so--the pretty high valuation surprises me.

Dark Rider

From my (admittedly very cursory) research, seems like the valuation of Arthur is not incredibly higher than that of Pjanic (70m vs 80m or so), so in all actuality, very little in terms of cash would be moving between the two clubs. You're right, though, the value bubble isn't going to deflate after seeing these numbers.

Plus, what I had heard from friends who watch Juventus was that Pjanic had been mediocre the past year or so--the pretty high valuation surprises me.

Every club WILL try to fleece any other club as much as possible. The thing is I don't they either will release any actual numbers if this happen so the best we will get is good estimates of the money moving around.

Will either team get their performance improved? stay toned.

DKehoe

Great performance by United tonight. Pogba and Fernandes showing they can definitely work together. Greenwood seems to be a much better option on the right than James. Fantastic to see Martial get his hattrick too.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Great performance by United tonight. Pogba and Fernandes showing they can definitely work together. Greenwood seems to be a much better option on the right than James. Fantastic to see Martial get his hattrick too.

Confident in getting a UCL spot?

DKehoe

Confident in getting a UCL spot?

We'll see. I'm still expecting Man City's European ban to get delayed or reduced. So 5th might not be enough to secure it. In that case United are still relying on other teams slipping up. Chelsea came close to losing to Villa so it might be the case that United are able to overtake them in the remaining games. There's also whatever happens with the Europa League. I think they are in a good position to secure a spot with that.

Also Man United's attack dominated the game so much and Sheffield United barely got any chances so it didn't matter but there were a couple spots were the defence looked a little shaky. Nothing too bad but enough that I don't think they are necessarily the complete package right now. Maguire literally shouted at Shaw to wake up at one point in the first half. I wouldn't mind seeing Williams get some more minutes at left back.

Dark Rider

We'll see. I'm still expecting Man City's European ban to get delayed or reduced. So 5th might not be enough to secure it. In that case United are still relying on other teams slipping up. Chelsea came close to losing to Villa so it might be the case that United are able to overtake them in the remaining games. There's also whatever happens with the Europa League. I think they are in a good position to secure a spot with that.

Also Man United's attack dominated the game so much and Sheffield United barely got any chances so it didn't matter but there were a couple spots were the defence looked a little shaky. Nothing too bad but enough that I don't think they are necessarily the complete package right now. Maguire literally shouted at Shaw to wake up at one point in the first half. I wouldn't mind seeing Williams get some more minutes at left back.

If Manchester United get a UCL spot I can see them being able to sign a new Pogba contract.
How will Manchester United hold up in the UCL though you got the spot? what about the Europa League?

Top Bottom