• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic only wants to move to Milan and rejected other offers like the one from Arsenal

He was bad so far on the pitch, we could give him another chance but his unprofessional behavior and scandals off the pitch make it understandable to ship him off.

Dark Rider

Quique Setien asked why he only brought Griezmann on in stoppage time as Barça's title hopes slipped away: "Because we were doing well, Riqui was doing well, we always try to have Suarez and Messi on the pitch. I didn't want to destabilise the team."

Simeone answering if he was surprised about Griezmann playing only for the last 5 minutes: “I have no words”

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Teslerum

I know its just Norwich, but does it feel good to see great football from Arsenal (Even if 2 of the goals were gifts, I'm referring to the performance as a whole).

Still though and again, our new signing comes on for 20 minutes, outperforms Bellerins entire game. Planting trees is hard work.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I know its just Norwich, but does it feel good to see great football from Arsenal (Even if 2 of the goals were gifts, I'm referring to the performance as a whole).

Still though and again, our new signing comes on for 20 minutes, outperforms Bellerins entire game. Planting trees is hard work.
We played very well today. Good to win two games in a row

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Watching Messi’s talent wasted with this version of Barcelona is torture. The guy has an idea every time he touches the ball while the rest of his team (except Puig) don’t propose a single thing.
I never imagined Messi leaving us, but I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t want to sit through what’s coming. I don’t really think we can even compete for LaLiga next season unless things change radically.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Watching Messi’s talent wasted with this version of Barcelona is torture. The guy has an idea every time he touches the ball while the rest of his team (except Puig) don’t propose a single thing.
I never imagined Messi leaving us, but I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t want to sit through what’s coming. I don’t really think we can even compete for LaLiga next season unless things change radically.

Messi can choose for himself though.
But my question is what do you think should be Barcelona plan when Messi finally retire?

A Chelsea loss is great news for this United fan, who doesn't want to rely on a court ruling to get a CL spot for next year. United have momentum while their competitors are experiencing hiccups.

A CL spot and a reinforcement for next year's campaign plus no serious injuries. That would be the dream to finish this season for United.

Oof what a dicking Liverpool is taking. Shame the game looked pretty good until Joe Gomez fucked up. Still, 3-0 is a bit harsh for what the game has been even if I have tremendous respect for this City squad. What a team!

Really didn't think they were too bad. City is a killer team and you give them any chances and that's the result. It was a game of bad bounces, nothing went our way. That being said, Gomez, TAA, Ox, Firmino and Mane were absolutely atrocious. Trent especially looked like he forgot how to play football.

DKehoe

I think he's managed him well with silva going this year he will get loads more time

I’ve been surprised he hasn’t played more but with Silva leaving it does seem like theres’s been a plan in place for him and a spot outlined for him to fill. Like you said I’m guessing he will play a lot more next season.

Dark Rider

Sergio Ramos becomes the fifth player in Madrid's history to reach the 450th La Liga appearances after Raúl (550), Sanchís (523), Casillas (510) and Santillana (461), He also eclipsed Santillana's record (645) and is now behind just Raúl (741), Casillas (725) and Sanchís (710) in all-time appearances.

:messenger_sunglasses:

DKehoe

Minors watching them make it very ingenious.

Particularly with the number of betting apps that are advertised. It’s one thing if you have to go down to the bookies and place the bet, since there’s effort there that means you really have to commit. But these apps make it easy for people to do it without giving it much thought. Also they can dynamically change on the fly to suit what’s going on in the match to make it more appealing “X to score next” and that kind of thing

Dark Rider

Particularly with the number of betting apps that are advertised. It’s one thing if you have to go down to the bookies and place the bet, since there’s effort there that means you really have to commit. But these apps make it easy for people to do it without giving it much thought. Also they can dynamically change on the fly to suit what’s going on in the match to make it more appealing “X to score next” and that kind of thing

And they expanded their advertisement campaign to youtubers to shill and urge their viewers to use these apps. Again these youtubers have a lot of miners in their audience, it is disturbing.

DKehoe

And they expanded their advertisement campaign to youtubers to shill and urge their viewers to use these apps. Again these youtubers have a lot of miners in their audience, it is disturbing.

And with stuff like those FIFA card packs kids are being introduced to the idea of gambling (which is what paying to get those packs is) at an early age

Also almost any football podcast is sponsored by one. A United podcast I listen to refused to accept gambling sponsors, which I was pleased to hear.

Dark Rider

And with stuff like those FIFA card packs kids are being introduced to the idea of gambling (which is what paying to get those packs is) at an early age

Also almost any football podcast is sponsored by one. A United podcast I listen to refused to accept gambling sponsors, which I was pleased to hear.

Those youtubers, podcasts or whatever should be demonetized the moment they mention gambling apps, and those sports games (FIFA or any other sport) should an 18+ rating and any shop selling it to minors should be closed down.

Dark Rider

[James Olley] Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has requested a minimum three-year contract worth up to £250k-a-week to stay at Arsenal

:pie_thinking:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
3048.jpg

United are smashing it!

Dark Rider

Pep Guardiola confident Man City's Champions League ban will be overturned "I have a lot of confidence and trust with the people that we will be allowed to play the Champions League, because we want to be on the field during these years" (Sky Sports)

Trying to keep the players (both current players and prospect signings) from leaving? or is there something that actually make him confident? :pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Pep Guardiola confident Man City's Champions League ban will be overturned "I have a lot of confidence and trust with the people that we will be allowed to play the Champions League, because we want to be on the field during these years" (Sky Sports)

Trying to keep the players (both current players and prospect signings) from leaving? or is there something that actually make him confident? :pie_thinking:

I don’t expect it to be enforced. The FFP stuff is so toothless. Clubs can just take the piss with it and there’s never any meaningful consequences.

Dark Rider

I don’t expect it to be enforced. The FFP stuff is so toothless. Clubs can just take the piss with it and there’s never any meaningful consequences.

Manchester City went to CAS because it was being enforced and they are trying to stop it. We will see how soft CAS is which will be a problem if they rule in Manchester City favour here.

Dark Rider

(Ruhr Nachrichten) Dortmund have informed Manchester United that Sancho may only leave for a fixed amount of 120 million euros (£108m) this summer. No other clubs have knocked on Dortmund's door for Sancho.

Will we see an Ed masterclass? :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

That’d be a first

If no one else is trying to buy him the Ed have nothing to worry.. except that Dortmund do not want to sell him so unless the player revolt and burn all the bridges and his reputation Ed will have to pay the full price I think.

But there is still room for Ed to pay even more

Top Bottom