• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Too convenient, sound like those statements that players use whenever they change clubs "always wanted to play for XXXXX since I was in the womb" and club badge kisses on the first day.

He wanted to play in the PL and Liverpool needed an upgrade on midfield especially if we're using Fab as a CB. I don't think clubs are stupid enough to underrate a player like Thiago, they know he's great. The fact this never turned into an open bidding means he was probably dead set on coming to Liverpool after all.

Dark Rider

He wanted to play in the PL and Liverpool needed an upgrade on midfield especially if we're using Fab as a CB. I don't think clubs are stupid enough to underrate a player like Thiago, they know he's great. The fact this never turned into an open bidding means he was probably dead set on coming to Liverpool after all.

Dead set on a club does not mean other clubs will not offer first and try to see how it goes, it went without anyone trying anything which is why I was wondering why.

Dead set on a club does not mean other clubs will not offer first and try to see how it goes, it went without anyone trying anything which is why I was wondering why.

The way I see it friend there are too possible explanations. Everyone knew he was a Liverpool man since it was his last year of contract so they figured they might as well not bother, or every single club in the world is run by morons.

Dark Rider

The way I see it friend there are too possible explanations. Everyone knew he was a Liverpool man since it was his last year of contract so they figured they might as well not bother, or every single club in the world is run by morons.

Everyone wouldn't know before they try and once they try their affiliated journalists will be going crazy all over social media which is what I expected. I guess we will never know and of course Liverpool get credit for getting him with minimal drama.

What the....

:pie_thinking:

Everyone wouldn't know before they try and once they try their affiliated journalists will be going crazy all over social media which is what I expected. I guess we will never know and of course Liverpool get credit for getting him with minimal drama.

When Neymar wanted to go to Barcelona last season, why didn't we hear about any other team? Like could Atleti get in on the action? Couldn't Real? Manchester be it the cancerous or the extra cancerous? Sometimes a player is deadset on a destination, so why bother?

Dark Rider

When Neymar wanted to go to Barcelona last season, why didn't we hear about any other team? Like could Atleti get in on the action? Couldn't Real? Manchester be it the cancerous or the extra cancerous? Sometimes a player is deadset on a destination, so why bother?

Neymar was not free agent so I thought the situation was different, basically making something out of nothing. Here though going free agent means affordable so I expected more noise.

Neymar was not free agent so I thought the situation was different, basically making something out of nothing. Here though going free agent means affordable so I expected more noise.

Thiago wasn't a free agent either. He had one year left in his contract and basically said "I want to go to Liverpool", so why would any other team waste transfer money? I'm not sure why you're confused here friend.

Dark Rider

Thiago wasn't a free agent either. He had one year left in his contract and basically said "I want to go to Liverpool", so why would any other team waste transfer money? I'm not sure why you're confused here friend.

One year left = player can negotiate with other clubs for a move
It is when owner clubs have less power and the player + potential new club have more power. This is why usually transfer fees are significantly reduced when one year left on a contract and why clubs sign new contracts with their most valuable players at least two years before the end of the current contract.

My confusion is completely on me friend, it is just that I expected more noise nothing else really, not huge noise and drama mind you but just a little more than how it happened. Again this is all on me really :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Reread both what you said and my reply and it all should be clear :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Got some jedi mojo working there to confuse me buddy, but Klopp isn't going anywhere. He's leaving Liverpool to meditate on the desert and he'll leave a successor there for a year or two before he comes back.

Dark Rider

Got some jedi mojo working there to confuse me buddy, but Klopp isn't going anywhere. He's leaving Liverpool to meditate on the desert and he'll leave a successor there for a year or two before he comes back.

You were talking about him in sexual terms so I said if he was going there for Klopp bedroom he will disappoint on the pitch because he is too busy elsewhere (Klopp bedroom)

Last edited:
You were talking about him in sexual terms so I said if he was going there for Klopp bedroom he will disappoint on the pitch because he is too busy elsewhere (Klopp bedroom)

OH! Boy that's me in this conversation:

slowpoke.jpg

Dark Rider

Can Kepa, the world's most expensive goalkeeper, save his Chelsea career before it's too late?

OFFICIAL: Edouard Mendy joins Chelsea

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Di Maria on not being called up to the World Cup Qualifiers next month, "If its about the [next generation] then Messi, Aguero and Otamendi shouldnt be there"

Dark Rider

Atletico Madrid's president Enrique Cerezo has confirmed City's offer for Gimenez: "Manchester City offered us €85m (£78m), but Giménez is a magnificent player and we are interested in having magnificent players in the team."

Martin Blackburn: Manchester City surprised by reports of a £78m bid for Giminez. Interest in player but no bid yet. Won’t be paying that kind of money for anyone.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Real Madrid congratulates Reims for returning to play in Europe. "Florentino Perez has written us a very emotional message, telling us that he was very happy to see us again on the European scene, we met in the first European Cup and I hope we can fight again in the future." said Jean-Pierre Caillot

Rummenigge on Perez congratulating them: "The president of Real Madrid, with whom I am a good friend, he wrote me a very emotional, but at the same time sensitive message."

Dark Rider

[UEFA] NEWS: Up to five substitutions will be allowed for all matches played in the #NationsLeague, European Qualifiers play-offs, Women’s EURO Qualifiers, the #UCL, the #UEL and the #UWCL, for the remainder of the season. The number of players allowed on the match sheet = 23

UEFA Youth League format change: The tournament will now be a 64-team straight knockout competition

Dark Rider

[Manchester United] Bruno Fernandes: "We can’t talk a lot about penalties because everybody will say: ‘Bruno only scores with penalties’, If the others score them, it’s no problem! They just score a penalty, you know! Penalties are part of the game, you know. You need to score"

On the official site?

Dark Rider

Suarez on his exit: '"Players sometimes need a change, the club needed a change and this case the coach didn't want me."

Dark Rider

[Real Madrid] Official squad list for fixture against Real Betis.Eden Hazard not in the list again.

He came back from his break a mess.

cormack12

Gold Member
Brighton testing the woodwork today, most post since records started in 2003-04

Everton get the penalty to restore the lead as well.

Top Bottom