• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

El Chiringuito: Diego Simeone: “The best way we could have improved was to find someone who would score more goals than Morata did last season. Suárez will be in the squad for tomorrow’s game”

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mista

Banned
Arteta is doing a magnificent job with the team. Can’t remember the last time I saw my Arsenal with this much determination and fighting spirit.

tryDEATH

Holy fucking shit I just about destroyed my TV.

The handball rule in the EPL is absolutely atrocious and the referees are abysmal. The whole sequence that lead to that goal from the "foul" that lead to the free kick, to the clear offside, and then the handball it just displays incompetence on a unbelievable level from professional referees.

Dark Rider

Holy fucking shit I just about destroyed my TV.

Is this your excuse to upgrade your TV? :pie_thinking:

The handball rule in the EPL is absolutely atrocious and the referees are abysmal. The whole sequence that lead to that goal from the "foul" that lead to the free kick, to the clear offside, and then the handball it just displays incompetence on a unbelievable level from professional referees.

BPL getting in line with the rest of the leagues on how to use VAR didn't help?
Ashley gets ever closer to retain top flight spot.

Last edited:

notseqi

Do you think you can win the UCL again this year? or as tradition hand it back to Real Madrid after you win it?
I don't think we will - would be nice. But I don't believe it will be Real either.
Not sure, gotta check out how Bayern progresses.

notseqi

New season, new Bayern. Thank god Dortmund fucked up too, the standings look weird. Oh well, only 2nd match day, more to come.

Dark Rider

New season, new Bayern. Thank god Dortmund fucked up too, the standings look weird. Oh well, only 2nd match day, more to come.

I'm just wondering if Bayern will find a replacement for Lewa on the same level and how they will look without him.

notseqi

I'm just wondering if Bayern will find a replacement for Lewa on the same level and how they will look without him.
Probably not on that level. Although he is not as acclaimed internationally he is a godsend for every team he plays for.
I'm not sure who they are looking for and I don't think somebody current can step up, should at least have Robben-calibre.

Dark Rider

Probably not on that level. Although he is not as acclaimed internationally he is a godsend for every team he plays for.
I'm not sure who they are looking for and I don't think somebody current can step up, should at least have Robben-calibre.

What matter is what he does for the clubs he play for what other recognize or not doesn't matter and Bayern should be already in motion to replace him otherwise it will be tough to go without first.
Robben still available you know.

notseqi

Those stipulations were not part of your original post.
Maybe it wasn't clear enough, I basically categorized Lewandowski-tier and Robben-tier. Would be nice to have a new player that is at least Robben-tier, a direct replacement for Lewandowski will be hard to find.

Dark Rider

Maybe it wasn't clear enough, I basically categorized Lewandowski-tier and Robben-tier. Would be nice to have a new player that is at least Robben-tier, a direct replacement for Lewandowski will be hard to find.

Lewa one day was found
Another in time will be found
Not in bayern colours he will take the ground

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Schalke releases head coach David Wagner

Rangnick: "I am free. I would be lying if Schalke wouldn't interest me again."

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Iker Casillas on his exit from Real Madrid: "We were both wrong, but we have learned, I don't like those images & it was not good for both. I'm sure one day we'll correct that little slip & do good things to make people feel happy."

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Bryan Swanson]HANDBALL: IFAB AGM isn’t until next March. Nothing changes mid-season. Any law change effective 1 June, 2021. What’s changed this season? FIFA has reminded PL refs to apply laws/VAR like every other competition.

tryDEATH tryDEATH

Dark Rider

[Rubén Uría] Diego Costa: " The club already knows that I don't want to be a problem for them. I spoke to the club. If they want to sell me or send me on loan then go ahead. If they want to terminate my contract that's fine too. I told them that I want the club to decide my future.

tryDEATH

[Bryan Swanson]HANDBALL: IFAB AGM isn’t until next March. Nothing changes mid-season. Any law change effective 1 June, 2021. What’s changed this season? FIFA has reminded PL refs to apply laws/VAR like every other competition.

tryDEATH tryDEATH

The FA needs to step in and instruct the referees to ignore the IFAB rules or it is going to damage the EPL. EPL teams are already used to different officiating in the European Cups, where the referees are known to be much less lenient so having a different handball rule isn't going to change much for EPL teams.

The current moron that makes decisions in regards to the laws of the game is a donkey in his time he's made over 200 changes already and it didn't improve the game instead it made it worse. He has got a hard on for being some sort of revolutionary that will change the game.

EPL had 19 handball penalties last season in 38 Matchdays, we are on Matchday 3 this season and we already have 6 at this rate we will end up with around 80 handball penalties, which would be absurd. The game in the EPL is just much more different than in Europe where long balls and physicality doesn't play as big of a role and calling accidental handballs as penalties will result in a horrible game for the fans and players. That is also before we add favoritism into the equation, where in some instances hand balls aren't called and you have a recipe for disaster.

Dark Rider

The FA needs to step in and instruct the referees to ignore the IFAB rules or it is going to damage the EPL. EPL teams are already used to different officiating in the European Cups, where the referees are known to be much less lenient so having a different handball rule isn't going to change much for EPL teams.

The current moron that makes decisions in regards to the laws of the game is a donkey in his time he's made over 200 changes already and it didn't improve the game instead it made it worse. He has got a hard on for being some sort of revolutionary that will change the game.

EPL had 19 handball penalties last season in 38 Matchdays, we are on Matchday 3 this season and we already have 6 at this rate we will end up with around 80 handball penalties, which would be absurd. The game in the EPL is just much more different than in Europe where long balls and physicality doesn't play as big of a role and calling accidental handballs as penalties will result in a horrible game for the fans and players. That is also before we add favoritism into the equation, where in some instances hand balls aren't called and you have a recipe for disaster.

Do you want the BPL to get inline with the rest of Europe on all the rules? It certainly should help the BPL fans understanding the decisions when they play in European competitions.
Also Mourinho has been blue in the face trying to hold his tongue (in reality he is diverting his anger to indirect comments) otherwise he will be in trouble, he is in trouble already with himself for not saying anything directly at the referees and he is furious and fuming I can only imagine his rants in his office and at home.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio] Juventus director Paratici to SkySport: "The deal to sign Edin Dzeko from Roma was almost done, to be honest. Then it collapsed because of Milik-Roma deal and we had the opportunity to sign Morata.. and we love Alvaro. That's transfer market: everything can change in 24h"

tryDEATH

Do you want the BPL to get inline with the rest of Europe on all the rules? It certainly should help the BPL fans understanding the decisions when they play in European competitions.
Also Mourinho has been blue in the face trying to hold his tongue (in reality he is diverting his anger to indirect comments) otherwise he will be in trouble, he is in trouble already with himself for not saying anything directly at the referees and he is furious and fuming I can only imagine his rants in his office and at home.

No, the EPL shouldn't get inline with Europe as the game in the EPL always has been refereed differently and always will. It is more physical and rougher and this is only a handball law that needs to be ruled differently.

Mourinho has every right to be furious, but also knows the FA is just waiting to pull the trigger on him, that is why he is being passive aggressive through his interviews and even Instagram, where he posted his handcuff gesture from his Inter days when he had a falling out with their FA.

Spurs have been the worse effected team since VAR has been introduced and even before that we have had some truly atrocious decision go against us. It is why Mourinho is going on the respect angel now, because the decision just don't make any sense anymore and that talk that sh*t gets evened out over a season is nothing more than horsesh*t.

Dark Rider

No, the EPL shouldn't get inline with Europe as the game in the EPL always has been refereed differently and always will. It is more physical and rougher and this is only a handball law that needs to be ruled differently.

Mourinho has every right to be furious, but also knows the FA is just waiting to pull the trigger on him, that is why he is being passive aggressive through his interviews and even Instagram, where he posted his handcuff gesture from his Inter days when he had a falling out with their FA.

Spurs have been the worse effected team since VAR has been introduced and even before that we have had some truly atrocious decision go against us. It is why Mourinho is going on the respect angel now, because the decision just don't make any sense anymore and that talk that sh*t gets evened out over a season is nothing more than horsesh*t.

I think the league can change the handball rule if they want to and they still have time to do it, we will see how it goes but until then penalties all around in the BPL.

cormack12

Gold Member
Would be difficult to change any rule after a few games. It delegitimises every game prior. We're stuck with it for the season I think.

Anyway onto Arsenal who have played well against us recently and frustrated us. Hopefully we can turn up and thrash a few in tonight.

Dark Rider

Would be difficult to change any rule after a few games. It delegitimises every game prior. We're stuck with it for the season I think.

Anyway onto Arsenal who have played well against us recently and frustrated us. Hopefully we can turn up and thrash a few in tonight.

I feel the drama from all the remaining games combined will far exceed any drama of deligitimising the first few games. But it is what it is in the end.

cormack12

Gold Member
I feel the drama from all the remaining games combined will far exceed any drama of deligitimising the first few games. But it is what it is in the end.

I felt the same way about offside last season (remember Firmino's armpit?), but the problem is you have a number of games played to a different standard and then it gets into very questionable territory if the finish is close between two of those teams, even moreso if an important scoreline was affected by a decision made on the original rules that would not have stood under the new. It is what it is sadly. Honestly, it will calm down.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I felt the same way about offside last season (remember Firmino's armpit?), but the problem is you have a number of games played to a different standard and then it gets into very questionable territory if the finish is close between two of those teams, even moreso if an important scoreline was affected by a decision made on the original rules that would not have stood under the new. It is what it is sadly. Honestly, it will calm down.

We agree that it is a mess either way then.
what titles you think Liverpool will win? :pie_thinking:

cormack12

Gold Member
We agree that it is a mess either way then.
what titles you think Liverpool will win? :pie_thinking:

Dunno, I was a bit disappointed with the tail off last season after winning, really wanted 100 points and the unbeaten record. I think we need better than Firmino as a striker. Arsenal worry me as well. Lacazette, Aubameyang and Willian are not slow and the two wide men have quite a bit of strength. Has potential to be a banana skin. I think this year Prem has to be the target. City look to have injury problems and positional problems. If they can't flat track bully then they lose a lot of easy points from previous seasons. For us, I think we've got a good core that's stayed together. I worry we don't have enough goals and I think our most important player is Mane. Jota might do a job but Mane is so influential and was a shame for him to miss out on POTY. Everton will do well but fade because of squad I think. I think Spurs will battle Chelsea for CL.

I'd like to think we have another CL in us as well but I think the squad fatigue will show.

Dark Rider

Dunno, I was a bit disappointed with the tail off last season after winning, really wanted 100 points and the unbeaten record. I think we need better than Firmino as a striker. Arsenal worry me as well. Lacazette, Aubameyang and Willian are not slow and the two wide men have quite a bit of strength. Has potential to be a banana skin. I think this year Prem has to be the target. City look to have injury problems and positional problems. If they can't flat track bully then they lose a lot of easy points from previous seasons. For us, I think we've got a good core that's stayed together. I worry we don't have enough goals and I think our most important player is Mane. Jota might do a job but Mane is so influential and was a shame for him to miss out on POTY. Everton will do well but fade because of squad I think. I think Spurs will battle Chelsea for CL.

I'd like to think we have another CL in us as well but I think the squad fatigue will show.

All sound reasonable assessment :messenger_beaming:
and yes last season I was surprised how Liverpool form dropped as soon as the title was secured I thought the club will be more motivated to get those records but they just got deflated.

Dark Rider

[SER] EXCLUSIVE ElLarguero + La_SER accesses the video that shows that Neymar insulted Hiroki Sakai at PSG - Olympique de Marseille on September 13. Neymar called Sakai "Chinese shit" and also said "fucking league"

This incident getting worse by the day

Top Bottom