• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[Gary Lineker] - Players’ agents should only be paid by a commission from the players, not by the clubs, or even occasionally both clubs. Acting for 2 parties in a deal and often 3 parties (player, selling club and buying club) is wrong with an inevitable conflict of interest.

Dark Rider

[The Athletic] "Essentially, Man Utd didn't believe BVB would stay firm on the price of €120m or Aug 10 deadline, embarking on a long-running game of poker without realising Dortmund weren’t even at the table."

Manchester United abandoned Sancho after calculating cost at almost €250m

[Miguel Delaney] Liverpool and Bayern Munich are now seen as likelier destinations for Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho next summer after Manchester United's failure to secure his signing, according to figures close to the England forward.

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Official: PSV signs Mario Götze on a free transfer

Dark Rider

[Harry Redknapp]: I lost Eden Hazard, he wanted to come to Tottenham but he said I would only come if you get Champions League Football, we finished 4th that year, Chelsea finished 6th, they won the Champions League & we didn’t make it. He ended up going to Chelsea.

Dark Rider

[MARCA] Real Madrid saved €200m in 2020 summer on players sales & salaries. Reduced a 37 player squad. €111m came from B-team & academy sales. €40m saved from Bale/James wages alone and €25-50m in loan fees & salary cuts. This will help cope with €200m losses expected in 2021.

Dark Rider

Zidane's Madrid have kept a clean sheet in 22 of their last 38 league games, a record Real had not achieved since 1961-62. Courtois has only conceded 6 goals in 14 league games he's played after confinement. An average of 0.43 goals per game, 1 conceded every 210 minutes.

We need to score more goals though.

Dark Rider

[Sid Lowe] Barca's transfer blunders bite back on dreadful deadline day: Since 2015, Barca have spent almost €1bn on players none of whom have been an unqualified success. By the time the latest transfer window closed, they sold Suárez, Rakitic, Vidal, Rafinha and Todibo for a grand total of €3.5m.

Dark Rider

Premier League announces pay-per-view fixtures

[Percy] “Understand #lcfc were the only club to vote against pay-per-view at today's Premier League meeting. Result was apparently 19-1. A lone voice of reason ....”

[Gary Neville] This is a really bad move by the @premierleague to charge £14.95 for single matches that have been shown free for 6 months !

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[El Chiringuito] Ceballos: As soon as I finished the Premier League, I told Jose Angel Sanchez I want to return to Arsenal.

Arsenal need to just pay up already.

Dark Rider

Suarez: "[Barça] were never clear why. I would have looked for a solution if it was financial, and if it was sporting I could have understood. I think they wanted to get me away from Messi. Maybe it annoyed them that we were close. I can't find any reason why that would damage the team, though."

Teslerum

Arsenal need to just pay up already.

Pay up what?

We offered to buy him, Real only wanted to give a loan this year. We didn't even get an option to buy in the contract despite requesting it which makes the whole thing worse. No idea what happens next summer.

Edit: Initially Real didn't even want to loan him back to us. He got shopped around for loan to other clubs and the only reason he's with us is because he turned every other loan down.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Pay up what?

We offered to buy him, Real only wanted to give a loan this year. We didn't even get an option to buy in the contract despite requesting it which makes the whole thing worse. No idea what happens next summer.

Edit: Initially Real didn't even want to loan him back to us. He got shopped around for loan to other clubs and the only reason he's with us is because he turned every other loan down.

The reason he is not an Arsenal player right now is because Arsenal refused to pay the asked price and tried to force us to sell for less than what we wanted so yes Arsenal need to just pay up.

My favourite brand of consoles is now sponsor for my favourite football club. What.

Hope the money put to good use because we need it.

Dark Rider

Arsene Wenger: "The 2013 Bayern team was better, this current team isn't even the best Bayern team in recent years. And not even close to the best Bayern side ever. But I don't mean to downgrade them. They're currently the best team in Europe."

Dark Rider

[Sam Wallace] World exclusive: Man Utd and Liverpool driving 'Project Big Picture' - football’s biggest shake-up in a generation

This was already posted in the off topic main page but I thought it should also be posted in the football thread.

Dark Rider

"You can no longer identify 100% with the national team - and that‘s sad“ - Schweinsteiger criticizes Löw after yet another disappointing performance

Dark Rider

[PriceOfFootball] The £250m to EFL clubs is a ‘prepayment’ to EFL clubs ‘advanced from substantially future revenues of the EFL’. Thus £250m will be subtracted from EFL clubs future share of PL TV deals.

Dark Rider

Premier League clubs reject Project Big Picture at emergency meeting

The EFL is understood to have rejected an offer from the PL of a £150m bailout which amounted to £40m in grants and £110m in loans earlier in the autumn. The offer also came with conditions attached, such as support for new immigration rules following Brexit and a say on a Championship wage cap.

Premier League statement: All 20 Premier League clubs today unanimously agreed that "Project Big Picture" will not be endorsed or pursued by the Premier League, or The FA. Rescue package made available for League 1 and 2, talks continue regarding Championship financial needs.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Romeo Agresti] Napoli deducted 1 point & awarded a 3-0 loss vs. Juventus

[ANSA] Napoli will appeal against the 3-0 defeat against Juventus and the point deduction

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Fuck Napoli, I'm glad reason prevailed for once. You can't unilaterally take decisions and break the protocol they had agreed to because they were missing some players. Disgusting cheats.

Dark Rider

Fuck Napoli, I'm glad reason prevailed for once. You can't unilaterally take decisions and break the protocol they had agreed to because they were missing some players. Disgusting cheats.

Napoli is taking the whole thing to court so it is not over yet :pie_thinking:

Azurro

Banned
Napoli is taking the whole thing to court so it is not over yet :pie_thinking:

True, I never expected them to accept the first decision but given the sequence of events, I find it difficult to believe any authority will take their side, even if it is Italy.

Dark Rider

True, I never expected them to accept the first decision but given the sequence of events, I find it difficult to believe any authority will take their side, even if it is Italy.

But things can drag forever and nobody get anything else it is over so time is the most important thing here. Imagine this one point being the deciding factor at the end of the season who win the league for example? :pie_thinking:

Azurro

Banned
But things can drag forever and nobody get anything else it is over so time is the most important thing here. Imagine this one point being the deciding factor at the end of the season who win the league for example? :pie_thinking:

I don't think it will take that long, they have two possibilities for appeal, some regional authority and the CONI, if I recall correctly. The decision will be final in a couple of months, max.

Top Bottom