• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[Kilpatrick] Mourinho: "[I feel] sad every time I have to write a list of players selected for a game. It's not just about Dele. This is the life of a big club, the life I know from Real Madrid, Inter, Chelsea."

Something is missing :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Simon Collings]: Mesut Özil surprises Barnet students with free school meals. The 32-year-old has teamed up with local charities to provide the meals and it is understood other schools in Barnet, Enfield and Hertfordshire have been benefiting since the COVID-19 pandemic hit in March.

Since March? so when Arsenal asked the players for a pay cut and Özil asked questions where the money will go and ultimately refused he did really take the money and give it away, good on him.

Dark Rider

[Miguel Angel Diaz] Toni Kroos: "My idea is to retire at R. Madrid. My mission is to create opportunities and give control and security to the team. We have never had doubts about Zidane. At least I want another Champions League ".

Yes please.

Dark Rider

[Marçal Lorente] Bartomeu and the board have resigned.

[Official] President Josep Maria Bartomeu announces the resignation of the FC Barcelona Board of Directors.

This is absolutely huge for Barcelona, let us see how they handle it.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Nagelsmann (Leipzig coach and Bayern fan) on his upcoming match against ManU:"As soon as I see Solskjaer, I’m going to dive in for a sliding tackle."

Azurro

Banned
No Dark Rider Dark Rider , don't be greedy, let us get that CL first. 😝

BTW, you are losing a competitive advantage now that Barto is gone. I have never seen a board member be THAT useless in my life. A sad day for all madridistas.

Dark Rider

No Dark Rider Dark Rider , don't be greedy, let us get that CL first. 😝

BTW, you are losing a competitive advantage now that Barto is gone. I have never seen a board member be THAT useless in my life. A sad day for all madridistas.

Why not? pushing for more is essential to success :messenger_smiling:

He was going to go sooner or later so even if this vote drama did not result in him leaving he was going to leave in the next elections after the end of this season after serving two terms anyway so I was already prepared myself for this to happen. The real question how Barcelona will replace him long term and if they will get in a better position, in the short term of course there will be a positive performance bounce but what matters is if they will have a competent replacement that will set the club in the right direction long term. :pie_thinking:

I assume it is light heart banter and no problems will come of this but who knows we shall see.
Benzema drive to get the club more goals is good though.

Dark Rider

[El Partidazo de COPE]Letter from the Government to the teams LaLiga : "In the next few days they will be forced to withdraw advertising from bookmakers" The vast majority of teams are very angry with this decision of the Government

[Rubén Uría] Spanish football clubs will lose approximately €100M when they are forced to end their sponsorship deals with betting sites. 8 first division clubs and 6 second division club rely betting sites as their primary sponsors.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Why not? pushing for more is essential to success :messenger_smiling:

He was going to go sooner or later so even if this vote drama did not result in him leaving he was going to leave in the next elections after the end of this season after serving two terms anyway so I was already prepared myself for this to happen. The real question how Barcelona will replace him long term and if they will get in a better position, in the short term of course there will be a positive performance bounce but what matters is if they will have a competent replacement that will set the club in the right direction long term. :pie_thinking:

At this time after yesterday's match, I just want Juve to not be embarrassing this year. We have 2 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss and 1 win given on a desk. Someone give me my Juve back, Pirlo is fucking up.

DKehoe

Gold Member
The atmosphere would have been incredible if fans had been there last night for that Rashford hat-trick.

Dark Rider

At this time after yesterday's match, I just want Juve to not be embarrassing this year. We have 2 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss and 1 win given on a desk. Someone give me my Juve back, Pirlo is fucking up.

You want Sarri back? :pie_thinking:

Who do you want to replace Pirlo?
and what other changes needed in your opinion?

Azurro

Banned
You want Sarri back? :pie_thinking:

Who do you want to replace Pirlo?
and what other changes needed in your opinion?

Oh god no, let's not go crazy. It would have been nice to get Inzaghi, I like Pirlo's initial idea, but he's tinkering way too much while we have very little defensive solidity. Now the last couple of games, not even the offensive side is working, his rookie status is showing at the moment: no steady formation, difficulty implementing his hybrid 3412 formation, and sure, too many absences, which isn't his fault.

What I would like is, first, start by shoring up the defence, get a simpler tactical concept for the players to execute and be a bit smarter with how many offensive players are committed, sometimes it looks like a Playstation formation. I mean, I'm just a fan and Pirlo is Pirlo, but as much as I would like offensive and entertaining football as a priority, I want defensive solidity to come back.

Dark Rider

Oh god no, let's not go crazy. It would have been nice to get Inzaghi, I like Pirlo's initial idea, but he's tinkering way too much while we have very little defensive solidity. Now the last couple of games, not even the offensive side is working, his rookie status is showing at the moment: no steady formation, difficulty implementing his hybrid 3412 formation, and sure, too many absences, which isn't his fault.

What I would like is, first, start by shoring up the defence, get a simpler tactical concept for the players to execute and be a bit smarter with how many offensive players are committed, sometimes it looks like a Playstation formation. I mean, I'm just a fan and Pirlo is Pirlo, but as much as I would like offensive and entertaining football as a priority, I want defensive solidity to come back.

I understand where you are coming from but I think what the club need to consider is that Pirlo is new to this role and his plans are all new to the team and club so what need to be done is first set how long you are willing to give Pirlo to show the merits of his plans? Are you fine giving him until the end of the season? give him two seasons with multiple players that he want? or only short term like half season break?
After you decide that then you need as a club to make sure your players are actually giving all they have to animate Pirlo plans on the pitch. then decide based on all of that your best next move, doesn't matter if its sacking Pirlo or keeping him for a good future you need to do things in the right manner.

Dark Rider

Barcelona presidential frontrunner Victor Font has "no doubt" Lionel Messi will stay and wants Pep Guardiola to return to the club.

Dark Rider

[Ben Dinnery] José after the loss to Antwerp: "Before matches you always ask me. 'Why this player is not playing?' 'Why this player is not playing?' 'Why this player is not selected?' Maybe now for a few weeks you don't ask me that because you have the answer."

Dark Rider

Jorge Jesus on Benfica being compared to Barcelona:"Only if it the Barcelona of years ago, that one maybe. Because with the one you have now we have nothing. I don't even want to see Benfica being compared with current Barcelona."

Dark Rider

[Marco Conterio] Dybala's renewal with Juventus remains at a standstill. After a month and a half in Turin without a meeting with the club, agent Jorge Antun will return to Argentina tonight.

Dark Rider

José Mourinho: “Bale has changed. He isn’t the same player. But Messi and Ronaldo aren’t the same players either. Seven years is a lot.”

:pie_thinking:

Azurro

Banned
The thing that sucks about that Barcelona defeat, is that the team looked absolutely clueless and then you see that same "mighty" Barcelona draw again to have the 12th spot in La Liga. Let's see what happens tomorrow (or technically today).

Dark Rider

The thing that sucks about that Barcelona defeat, is that the team looked absolutely clueless and then you see that same "mighty" Barcelona draw again to have the 12th spot in La Liga. Let's see what happens tomorrow (or technically today).

It should be an easy game. Cristiano should be back too so you should have it in the bag.

Dark Rider

[Florian Plettenberg] FC Bayern have withdrawn their offer for a contract extension to David Alaba. President Hainer has confirmed that already @BR24sport

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports] Pochettino: I always feel ready to be involved in the game again. I love football, it’s my passion, it’s my job. I am looking for work. I love the game.”

Top Bottom