• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

tbh i don't want this season to happen, players barely get any breaks as it is, now they're going to play for like 18 months straight? not quite, i know, but the injuries are already piling up~ i am really low on interest so far...

The time lost due to lock down is messing up all schedules sadly and they have no other option other than to cancel tournaments which I don't think will happen, they can though cancel all the friendly games but I don't think they will do that.

Dark Rider

[Jose Alvarez] PSG are willing to offer Sergio Ramos whatever he wants in order to convince him to join the club next summer as a free agent. He's one of Leonardo's main targets.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

How is he playing these days? Still good or there's some decline?

Immense on all fronts
A wall in the back
Lethal striker in the front
World class in the midfield
One of the highest scorers for us
He is everywhere
He inspire the players and motivate the team
He claws results out of the jaws of failure
he is truly Captain, Leader, Legend

Immense on all fronts
A wall in the back
Lethal striker in the front
World class in the midfield
One of the highest scorers for us
He is everywhere
He inspire the players and motivate the team
He claws results out of the jaws of failure
he is truly Captain, Leader, Legend

LEGEND. I absolutely HATE Ramos, but I have tremendous respect for him.

Dark Rider

LEGEND. I absolutely HATE Ramos, but I have tremendous respect for him.

The problem is that we have a club policy to not give long term contracts to older players and Ramos is in that age bracket so any renewals will always be short term 1 year extensions or two at most from this point on, so other clubs naturally see this as an opportunity to jump in and splash the cash and long term contracts to try and seduce any players who are still performing on the highest level. I have no doubt that PSG are actively trying to splash the cash on Ramos at the moment (especially with the talk linking us to Mbappé, this is their way of retaliation just like Neymar) but I think Ramos is staying even with a short term contract so we will see how things go.

The problem is that we have a club policy to not give long term contracts to older players and Ramos is in that age bracket so any renewals will always be short term 1 year extensions or two at most from this point on, so other clubs naturally see this as an opportunity to jump in and splash the cash and long term contracts to try and seduce any players who are still performing on the highest level. I have no doubt that PSG are actively trying to splash the cash on Ramos at the moment (especially with the talk linking us to Mbappé, this is their way of retaliation just like Neymar) but I think Ramos is staying even with a short term contract so we will see how things go.

I mean dude made fuckloads of money already, I don't think he should leave Real unless they offer him no contract. Then again, football logic is sometimes hard to understand.

Dark Rider

I mean dude made fuckloads of money already, I don't think he should leave Real unless they offer him no contract. Then again, football logic is sometimes hard to understand.

I'm hoping not only he stay and retire in the club but to right away work for the club after his retirement, many of our older players work in the club in different departments.

Dark Rider

Pogba: I've never had such a difficult period in my career

[Romano] Paul Pogba to RTL: "This is a period I've never experienced in my career. The French national team is a breath of fresh air… we are very happy to come here. It's not the same as with the club. We all group together, it is magical".

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Romano] "Pogba has no problem with Utd. Interview was to say he wants to improve his performances in difficult moment. NT can help. Utd plans to offer new contract, and no coincidence"

[Marchisio] Claudio Marchisio urges Pogba to come to Juventus

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Gattuso on Napoli's Rui and Ghoulam: “They stayed in the stands, because they were jogging around in training yesterday. I brought them along anyway, because it’s too easy to just let them stay home and watch it on the couch.”

Dark Rider

[Johnson]- Olivier Giroud is serious about moving in the January transfer window if his situation does not improve at Chelsea. It is believed the France manager Didier Deschamps privately suggested he should consider moving elsewhere...

Dark Rider

[MisterChip] Germany has conceded 6 goals in a single match for the first time since France 6-3 Germany in the 1958 World Cup.

Last time Germany lost by a 6 goal margin was a friendly against Austria in 1931

[MisterChip] Germany's 6-0 defeat in Spain today is their biggest ever loss in a competitive game

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Kicker] FC St. Pauli is going to produce their kits themselves because none could meet the desired criteria in terms of sustainability, transparency and fair trade. Their goal is to supply other teams as well.

Dark Rider

[Francesco Porzio]Joachim Löw will stay and won’t be sacked. This is the decision of the German FA after the historical defeat of yesterday.

Teslerum

[Francesco Porzio]Joachim Löw will stay and won’t be sacked. This is the decision of the German FA after the historical defeat of yesterday.

Löw did great things 5+ years ago.

But holding on to him after a somewhat disappointing 2016, a horrific 2018 (which, let's be honest would have got 99% of big nation managers fired alone) and now this is comical. All the players that got thrown under the bus during these years just make the whole thing worse.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Löw did great things 5+ years ago.

But holding on to him after a somewhat disappointing 2016, a horrific 2018 (which, let's be honest would have got 99% of big nation managers fired alone) and now this is comical. All the players that got thrown under the bus during these years just make the whole thing worse.

He will be sacked sooner or later and they know, this is just the stage where they pretend they support him before the fall.

Dark Rider

[Arancha Rodriguez] Medical tests showed that Sergio Ramos has a muscle injury to the right biceps femoris (thigh). Sergio Ramos will at least miss the games vs Villarreal, Inter and Alaves.

We are dead in the water.

Dark Rider

[Dan Kilpatrick] #thfc Mourinho renews his sparring with Gareth Southgate by calling for the England boss to name which coaches put him under pressure ahead of the Iceland game and to explain why Sterling pulled out of the squad. "Raheem is going to play tomorrow," Mourinho said.

Dark Rider

[R1F]162 fans in South Korea have won a court case against Juventus, saying Ronaldo being left on the bench during a pre-season friendly in the country caused them 'Emotional distress'. Juve have to refund half of the ticket price and pay an extra $50,000 in damages.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

[Dan Kilpatrick] #thfc Mourinho renews his sparring with Gareth Southgate by calling for the England boss to name which coaches put him under pressure ahead of the Iceland game and to explain why Sterling pulled out of the squad. "Raheem is going to play tomorrow," Mourinho said.

Mourinho is right there.

Dark Rider

[Mike McGrath] Pep Guardiola has made finding Sergio Aguero’s successor a priority, with Benfica striker Darwin Núñez among the players under consideration. Romelu Lukaku was a player City looked at in the summer but Inter Milan set a £93.75million asking price for the Belgium forward.

Dark Rider

Solskjaer: "Paul had a difficult season last season. I think he's only going to improve. Paul is a very important player and very important person and to have him in form and happy is going to be important."

As long as you keep him away from us.

Solskjaer: "Paul had a difficult season last season. I think he's only going to improve. Paul is a very important player and very important person and to have him in form and happy is going to be important."

As long as you keep him away from us.
I don’t think Real Madrid are interested in buying him anymore. Zidane may be but not the Real president. He’ll go to Juventus for half the price ManUtd paid for him after this season.

Dark Rider

I don’t think Real Madrid are interested in buying him anymore. Zidane may be but not the Real president. He’ll go to Juventus for half the price ManUtd paid for him after this season.

I agree that Real Madrid are not interested but it doesn't hurt to iterate that we don't want him.
I think it is more likely that he stay at Manchester United than be sold for half the price :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Giroud "I thought I was going to play more witch Chelsea after my contribution to the end of last season ; that will have to change or I'll have to take a decision in January"

Dark Rider

Erling Braut Haaland on Instagram: “So happy to have been awarded with the Golden Boy 2020 🤩 Thanks to everyone who voted for me. This is pure inspiration to work even harder…”

Dark Rider

[OptaJose] Real Sociedad have equaled their best points tally after opening ten games in La Liga season ever: 23 points as 1981/82 season when they were claimed champions in the competition. Dream.

Dark Rider

Tasmania Berlin (Worst side in Bundesliga history, went 31 games winless) president Almir Numic on Schalke: "I wouldn't want Schalke to crack it (31 games winless). That's been our record for decades. It's part of the Tasmania identity"

Dark Rider

[FabrizioRomano] “Isco would like to try another league. But we don’t have any official bid right now, staying at Real Madrid won’t be a problem”, his agent said tonight to @ellarguero. Keep an eye on his future on next months...

Top Bottom