• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Banjo64

cumsessed
City’s new away kit is one for the ages.

2KGs2lV.png

Dark Rider

This fucking guy, I'm still pissed off about it.
Of all the clubs he could have gone to, Benfica?

I was wondering how bad the fans will take it when I saw it happen. I think maybe in his mind he went to a different league first so it was not a direct transfer so it doesn't count, kind of like how Ronaldo played for Barcelona that one lone season.

Dark Rider

Imagine paying 50m pounds for a defender who is two years removed from being average in League Two.

It is the inflated prices for locals in Britain as usual but the good thing is when they do that it means a good talent has stayed in their own club to help it shine instead of moving there.

Dark Rider

Gabigol meets Lewandowski in this new interview from Flamengo TV: "You're more famous for TikTok than for scoring goals here in Brazil"

Dark Rider

[AS Roma] Jose Mourinho: “Fortnite is a nightmare. Football players stay up all night playing that sh** and they have a game the next day.”

Dark Rider

In a bid to extend his career, Sergio Aguero has undergone stem cell treatment to regenerate cartilage in both his knees.

DKehoe

In a bid to extend his career, Sergio Aguero has undergone stem cell treatment to regenerate cartilage in both his knees.

It'll be interesting to see what effect this has. If it means that players like Aguero can continue playing at an elite level for years longer than they otherwise could then it could be a gamechanger.

Dark Rider

It'll be interesting to see what effect this has. If it means that players like Aguero can continue playing at an elite level for years longer than they otherwise could then it could be a gamechanger.

Would you take back players that already retired years ago?

DKehoe

Would you take back players that already retired years ago?
I think players that retired years ago are probably a bit too far gone at this point. For one thing they haven't kept up with changes to the modern game and I'd presume there's a limit to how much these stem cells can do. But I think someone like Aguero is going to be an interesting type of example to watch. He's been an elite player for years but is now, understandably due to him being 33, starting to physically decline. But if you can hold off that decline and even roll back the years a bit? Then you have all the on-pitch advantages of a veteran while reducing the downsides. Does 35 become the new 30? I'm pretty far from being a stem cell expert so who knows how much impact this will really have but like I said it could be an interesting one to watch.

Dark Rider

I think players that retired years ago are probably a bit too far gone at this point. For one thing they haven't kept up with changes to the modern game and I'd presume there's a limit to how much these stem cells can do. But I think someone like Aguero is going to be an interesting type of example to watch. He's been an elite player for years but is now, understandably due to him being 33, starting to physically decline. But if you can hold off that decline and even roll back the years a bit? Then you have all the on-pitch advantages of a veteran while reducing the downsides. Does 35 become the new 30? I'm pretty far from being a stem cell expert so who knows how much impact this will really have but like I said it could be an interesting one to watch.

Technology evolve, so it might be a year or two extension now but in the future it could be much longer. IF this technology evolve in the right direction even retired players can come back, it all depend on their attitude and discipline, imagine Cristiano taking advantage of it? now imagine Hazard using it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

[ABC] Karim Benzema refused to renew until 2024 and made it clear to the club that he would leave as soon as he felt his level had fallen because he did not want to become a burden. He accepted a contract renewal until 2023 with a 10% wage reduction for 2021/22 and a 15% wage reduction for 2022/23.

:pie_thinking:

I was wondering how bad the fans will take it when I saw it happen. I think maybe in his mind he went to a different league first so it was not a direct transfer so it doesn't count, kind of like how Ronaldo played for Barcelona that one lone season.
A Sporting player going to Benfica, even by passing through another club first, is a disrespectful thing to do and I was not expecting it at all. I lost all my respect for him as a player.

DKehoe

Not sure where I stand on this is he really the player we need surely a striker is more of a necessity.
Yeh it's kind of an odd one because it's not really a position City are deficient in. But I guess when you have an opportunity to snatch up one of the best talents in the league you go for it. As a City fan, what do you think the starting XI looks like if they do get him? Foden as your left central midfielder, Grealish on the left-wing and give them license to swap around with each other as they see fit during the game? But then what about Sterling?

It doesn't seem like it's stopping them from going after Kane either. So it's not a one or the other situation.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

A Sporting player going to Benfica, even by passing through another club first, is a disrespectful thing to do and I was not expecting it at all. I lost all my respect for him as a player.

I understand I was just trying to figure out what he was thinking and thought going to a different club first might be the excuse but who know what he was thinking. The real question is if he will play will in Benfica.

Dark Rider

[Tariq Panja] Real Madrid are said to be furious about the 2.7 billion Euro deal Laliga made with CVC. Not interested in this deal at all. But La Liga is a democracy and agreement requires a majority of votes from first and second division clubs to be ratified

I hope this sale never get voted in. Selling 10% of the league worth forever in exchange for a a small sum is stupid on every level.

JLB

Banned
Messi’s contract renewal looks to have utterly capitulated.

Byebye Kane, hello Messi?

End of an era. My respects, even as a Madridista. Theres two questions now: Where Messi will play next? What the heck is the Kun going to do there now lol?

DKehoe

Messi’s contract renewal looks to have utterly capitulated.

Byebye Kane, hello Messi?
I thought they'd end up working it out. But from what I had read about Barcelona's finances I had no clue how that would have been possible.

Seems like a win/win for City. If nothing else they have more leverage over Levy in the sense that Kane isn't their only choice for a striker.

End of an era. My respects, even as a Madridista. Theres two questions now: Where Messi will play next? What the heck is the Kun going to do there now lol?
It does kinda suck for Aguero. After all these years he thought he was finally going to get to play club football with his friend. And now they won't get to and may even be swapping clubs?

As a madrid fan part of me is kinda happy and amused, on the other hand now that both cr7 and Messi are gone, la liga will lose imo huge amount of viewership. Not so exciting times i coming, sadly.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Happy that we’ve signed Jack, I think we’ve waited until the right player has become available to replace David Silva. Best calves in the UK.

Dark Rider

Everyone is waiting for Manchester City to sign him and that is a likely outcome but PSG is in the race too to sign him.
As for Kun well after last season fiasco he should have stipulated in his contract that if Messi not there the contract is void :messenger_tears_of_joy:

As a madrid fan part of me is kinda happy and amused, on the other hand now that both cr7 and Messi are gone, la liga will lose imo huge amount of viewership. Not so exciting times i coming, sadly.

I understand people watching their favorite players wherever they are but canceling watch a league you follow because the player transferred out? that is the definition of plastic I think.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Isn't Foden replacing Silva? What do you see the starting XI being?
Foden struggles playing in central midfield at the moment, he has thrived on the left flank this season. I’d say strongest 11 right now;

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
De Bruyne Rodri Grealish
Mahrez ? Foden

Sterling, Jesus and Torres have a lot to do this season (Torres less so just because of his age). All 3 can play up top but if we sign Kane or another striker he’d go straight in to the first 11.

JLB

Banned
Everyone is waiting for Manchester City to sign him and that is a likely outcome but PSG is in the race too to sign him.
As for Kun well after last season fiasco he should have stipulated in his contract that if Messi not there the contract is void :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I understand people watching their favorite players wherever they are but canceling watch a league you follow because the player transferred out? that is the definition of plastic I think.

I mean, they just hired Grealish lol it would be fun if it goes there.

Dark Rider

[FC Barcelona] Messi will not renew with FC Barcelona

I mean, Messi already accumulated enough money to live on interest with high standards forever, he could just sign a contract with 1 euro salary to solve this whole mess. I understand though if he has a limit on how much future money he is willing to give up for the club.

Dark Rider

[FC Barcelona] Barcelona rejects CVC deal

So officially Real Madrid and Barcelona are against it. Need 9 more clubs to block it.

Top Bottom