• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For admiring Neil Druckmann, could Cory Balrog also put an SJW agenda in GOD OF WAR 2 ??

For admiring Neil Druckmann, could Cory Barlog also put an SJW agenda in GOD OF WAR 2 ??

• yes

Votes: 77 40.1%
  • no

Votes: 59 30.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 56 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhat

Could we be facing a possible and possible SJW agenda in GOW 2 ??
Could you explain what the SJW agenda in TLOU2 was?

I mean, there are gay characters, a whole two of them (or one and a half, I guess). There's also a person, who goes against the gender norms in his society, but again, I don't think that's pushing an agenda.

I doubt you'll see much of that in GoW. But at the same time, I fail to see the agenda. And no, you don't need to link that one video from a random youtuber.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Nah. Maybe to a degree as all game devs do but nothing drastic. Especially after the response last of us 2 got. I know developers like ND pretend not to give a shit but that type of stuff is mentally draining. And God of War is just as beloved as the original Last of Us, maybe more so. Fans will riot if Kratos gets mollywhopped by some chick.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Kratos uses a weapon called blades of chaos. They are on chains that he uses to throw them around.

Chains have racist connotations. They will be removed for the next game. They may have to make Kratos black as well, since the most recent voice actor is black and characters now have to be voiced only by the same race as the voice actor.

Yes, it's absolutely possible. Which is why I personally put so much effort into backlash. I don't want this crap infecting games I love. If you don't want that either, then keep speaking out. Don't let this crap go. It's time we did something about the stuff we don't like in the industry instead of going, "Well, don't you know devs are allowed to make whatever they want?" And then keep buying the dang stuff. It's not going to stop until they get the message.

nowhat

Yes, it's absolutely possible. Which is why I personally put so much effort into backlash. I don't want this crap infecting games I love. If you don't want that either, then keep speaking out. Don't let this crap go. It's time we did something about the stuff we don't like in the industry instead of going, "Well, don't you know devs are allowed to make whatever they want?" And then keep buying the dang stuff. It's not going to stop until they get the message.
Sure, join in on the TLOU2 Metacritic user score backlash. I'm sure it'll help a ton.

JLMC469

Banned
Also, 3rd consecutive GOTY winner director Neil Druckman is the man everyone aspires to be right now. Unless Bruce comes out of retirement and gets his own team within Naughty Dog, it's wrap.

tenor.gif

Yoboman

They want creative freedom except when that freedom is used for something they don't like.
I remember when Ree tried to cancel Kingdom Come Deliverance and everyone here was like "thats so stupid, go make your own game if you don't like the creators vision".

Now everyone here is like "no not like that!"

BlackM1st

Banned
Sure, GoW already dropped all the rage and b00bies. Whole game Kratos was sad and miserable. He will probably die in GoW II so his son (probably gay too) will become a new protagonist.

I remember when Ree tried to cancel Kingdom Come Deliverance and everyone here was like "thats so stupid, go make your own game if you don't like the creators vision".

KCD was a first in the series that no one was attached to or invested in. People here are obviously talking about meddling in already established series where people are.

Woggleman

The SJWs are just as bad in telling people how to make games. Let creatives follow their vision. You may or may not like it but I think any art is better when it is coming from the heart instead of making what people demand of you.

nowhat

KCD was a first in the series that no one was attached to or invested in. People here are obviously talking about meddling in already established series where people are.
So what you're saying is... once a series has been established, the creators absolutely shouldn't change it, ever?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
TLOU2 wasn't even an SJW game. I swear some people see enemies everywhere.

I know. The game's got a seriously dark world-view, noone's getting presented as a lifestyle-choice icon! Best of all is that it studiously avoids speechifying and monologuing. I never felt preached at, even though there's clearly a progressive sensibility at work directorially.

That to me is where the line gets drawn though; Authorial bias is legit, but if I feel like I'm being preached at... no bueno.

I came for entertainment, not a sermon.

Last edited:
Go make your own game then :lollipop_content:
Point flew over your head faster than the millennium falcon.
So what you're saying is... once a series has been established, the creators absolutely shouldn't change it, ever?
I'm saying that where people are already monetarily invested and have let their guard down emotionally and politically, it's a scum move to insert things that are far beyond what the fans would be expecting.

Woggleman

I know. The game's got a seriously dark world-view, noone's getting presented as a lifestyle-choice icon! Best of all is that it studiously avoids speechifying and monologuing at all times. I never felt preached at, even though there's clearly a progressive sensibility at work at all times.
It also shows both sides and if anybody really knew what SJWs were about they hate both sides kind of arguments. They see the world in terms of oppressed and oppressors while in the world of TLOU2 everybody has some blood on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom