• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For admiring Neil Druckmann, could Cory Balrog also put an SJW agenda in GOD OF WAR 2 ??

For admiring Neil Druckmann, could Cory Barlog also put an SJW agenda in GOD OF WAR 2 ??

• yes

Votes: 77 40.1%
  • no

Votes: 59 30.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 56 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaelka

It was a little meh how they depicted Freya tho.
I am not saying that she had to be sexualized in a cartoony Anime way ( I have no problems with that, but it's not the GoW tone ).
But I don't think that her depiction comes across as Freya at all, she comes across like a complete random Norse lady in the woods.

Especially when you put her into the context of the rest of the series which is still canon.
Freya is a VERY sexual goddess and I don't even think that her connection to the Valkyries is really known it's just people guessing, she's definitely not the '' queen of Valkyries '' tho... She very much revolves around fertility, beauty and sexuality in the Norse mythology. But I don't think that comes across at all in GoW, and it just begs the question why she even is Freya at all.
It kinda irritates me a bit that no one has questioned Cory on this because considering how they at least make an attempt with other Gods it's really annoying from the pov as a Scandinavian who is really into Norse mythology.
It just spreads misinformation about the old Norse religion too.

Sure sure, she's a '' motherly '' Goddess.
That doesn't change that she's still all about sex and fertility.
And for a Goddess of beauty she doesn't look especially beautiful, she's not ugly obviously but she's not beautiful on a Godly level at all.
It's sorta like depicting Aphrodite as a complete random lady who's nothing special and dresses like a nun and doesn't hint on what she's supposed to be all about at all.
Why the hell even make her Aphrodite at that point???

Last edited by a moderator:

mortal

Gold Member
You realize you're doing the exact same shit that SJWs do with guilt by association for people they deem "problematic" ?

Yoboman

This is not about being "anti-violence", just look at what's going on in the streets of the US right now. Antifa has taken the guillotine in many riots by now, they have been actually violent, etc. people get cancelled all over the place because they sneezed too far on the right. This whole thing is about control, if you are violent--even obvious cases of self defense--this is oppression it must stop right now, if we are violent this is oppression and it must be fought with violence, spinned in the media as "for the cause" or something.

So you better comply!
What are you talking about?

Umbral

I dont have a side. I left the idiots at Ree for being reactive babies, and ran into some new ones here 🤷‍♂️

At least I can call out the stupidity here without being banned though
I don’t know what the hell reactive means in this context. People react to things, else you would be a vegetable. Is this some sort of newspeak?

Yoboman

It was a little meh how they depicted Freya tho.
I am not saying that she had to be sexualized in a cartoony Anime way ( I have no problems with that, but it's not the GoW tone ).
But I don't think that her depiction comes across as Freya at all, she comes across like a complete random Norse lady in the woods.

Especially when you put her into the context of the rest of the series which is still canon.
Freya is a VERY sexual goddess and I don't even think that her connection to the Valkyries is really known it's just people guessing, she's definitely not the '' queen of Valkyries '' tho... She very much revolves around fertility, beauty and sexuality in the Norse mythology. But I don't think that comes across at all in GoW, and it just begs the question why she even is Freya at all.
It kinda irritates me a bit that no one has questioned Cory on this because considering how they at least make an attempt with other Gods it's really annoying from the pov as a Scandinavian who is really into Norse mythology.
It just spreads misinformation about the old Norse religion too.

Sure sure, she's a '' motherly '' Goddess.
That doesn't change that she's still all about sex and fertility.
And for a Goddess of beauty she doesn't look especially beautiful, she's not ugly obviously but she's not beautiful on a Godly level at all.
It's sorta like depicting Aphrodite as a complete random lady who's nothing special and dresses like a nun and doesn't hint on what she's supposed to be all about at all.
Why the hell even make her Aphrodite at that point???
"Boy! Wait outside with your mothers ashes. I'm going to pound town on Freya"

Play the game first, OP.

This.

After playing the game, I honestly feel no ill feelings over the direction the story took - perhaps just the pacing.

I, like most people, probably spent the first 4-5 hours of the game cringing a little here and there over the relationship of Ellie and Dina.

But honestly, by the end, you actually feel quite strongly on the relationship that was built in those 30 hours or so. And when you reach just before the third act, and there's that beautiful scene where you spend 5 minutes just staring at the sunset - all those moments of cringe you experienced many many hours ago dissolve into a sense of understanding that these two do really love each other.

And none of the pro-lgbt stuff was truly in your face save for maybe 1 or two instance.

Half of the game, in all honesty, was like a horror game and there was not a single hint of SJW propaganda throughout 80% of it.

In fact, the cringiest moment of the game is still that kiss scene of Ellie and Dina that was shown in their initial trailers - and guess what? You don't see that scene until the third act!

I can't help but feel like Naughty Dog did their absolute best with the game and tried to stay true to their vision, while also providing what hardcore fans want as well.

At this point, I think they showed Ellie and Dina kissing so upfront in their initial trailer for the betterment of the audience. They didn't want you to come in the game and realize that the underlying story does explore Ellie and her sexuality, so they put it front and center to get it out of the way and take the flak now than later.

And it worked.

I love Ellie and Dina now.

I understand Abby, and why she's so fit, and I love her character too.

And I fucking hated the shit out of both the relationship of Ellie & Dina and the bait and switch of Abby leading up the games release due to the leaks.;

Glad I decided to be a human that decides what he believes in and not succumb to groupthink because man, it's so easy to get wrapped up in what others say and view on a topic that your fight against SJW begins to blur between trying to keep the world sane, and just being as annoying as an SJW.

God I hope I learn better now than to fall for story leaks and forming my opinion from it.

So fuck it man, if God of War wants to further explore the emotions of a man filled with regret and how he finds hope in a child of his own with a woman he learned to love after decades of hate - bring it.

As long as it is well written, explained well, given a proper development i'm all for it. It's only if Cory comes out and tweets that "did you know that Atreus is actually gay? because he was! We hinted it when he was so amazed by the giant snake plus hinting he like cocks!" then i'll roll my eyes, dig myself a grave, and bury myself to be as far away and removed from the game.

Paracelsus

You are seeeriously pushing it.

But what do I know, I've always enjoyed R&C, perhaps I've always been a closet furry.

Ratchet is an humanoid, not human, so they don't care. If they went for a nod to the LGBT, it would be a nod to furries anyway.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Ninja Theory tried, and failed.

I wonder if you peanuts are going to be upset when Kratos dies. Atreus/Loki
2pkx85v0xct01.jpg

And find out Atreus/Loki shapeshifts into animals and women.

“Lady Loki is a female version of the beloved trickster god, and also one of the most notable of Loki’s shape-shifting forms. During the events of Ragnarok, Loki is reborn as a woman. More specifically, he inhabited the form of Lady Sif, Thor’s lover, whose spirit was trapped elsewhere.” marvel comics
ed6b6d30-9f57-4940-a9e8-cd9bf00f3f73-lady-loki.png

Loki turning into a women isnt a new idea. Its been portrayed in many media. Will you guys call SJW then?
No because that's part of the lore.

nowhat

Ratchet is an humanoid, not human, so they don't care. If they went for a nod to the LGBT, it would be a nod to furries anyway.
I'm (pretty) sure you (may) have a point somewhere in there, I'm just not getting it.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Considering most of the characters in GoW aren't technically "real" (mythology doesn't count as real), surely they have even more room to do it.

I hope they don't...Naughty Dog already ruined TLOU2 for me (thanks heavens for the leaks...) not only because of absurd storyline decisions but also the artificial inclusion of characters and scenes (bigot sandwitch/ smoking weed/lesbian kissing/sex/trans character....) that are clearly there to push their agenda...

I've played games that disappointed me storywise before...but in TLOU2's case it was simply too much because part of that is due to forcing those SJW elements down our throats in a way that feels like a catechesis...

It's Neil's work and he has the right to do whatever he wants, but that doesn't change the fact that he clearly created it with other things in mind besides the gamers and that was a dishonest move.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
They should bring back David Jaffe, he ain’t taking shit from no sjw!

#1- I'd love to work on a 2.5D Castlevania style GOD OF WAR set in the old days/the old ways. All they have to do is call.

#2- I'm prob the biggest pro SJW person you will meet, sir. How in the world is anyone with a brain opposed to social justice?

#3- That said, I support your right- of course- to vote with your wallet and if certain game makers these days are not making titles that appeal to your sensibilities, I think it's great you choose to not give said games your cash.

#4- I think the game biz- in the game fiction and behind the scenes- needs more diversity for sure. As it relates to in game fiction however, the game world/story/IP should always drive every decision and things should never feel forced. But I would ask you, how many games can you think of where it DOESN'T make sense to have more women, POC, and LGBT folks in the cast? Sure there are games (as those games are currently defined) where it would make no sense to mention it at all and doing so would be odd (ex: if suddenly Toad in Mario comes out as trans, while I think that would be nice and wonderful for Toad, it seems out of place in that game). But do I think it's time we had a proud and obvious LGBT presence in a Zelda game character? Hell yeah- that'd be great. And I think the only people who would have a problem with it would be people who have problems w/LGBT folks IRL (in which case, fuck those people). Because if you've never had a problem with a hetero and/or cis relationship for NPCS in Zelda characters, there's zero reason- other than your own messed up shit- for you to cry fowl if suddenly you enter a shop and it's run by two trans women who are clearly very much in love.

Jaffe

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
If they do go that route...that will be two franchises rendered non-viable in the future.

TLOU2 has so much negativity attached to it online now, people making 3 - 4 videos a day knocking it, Druckmann and Sony for everything related to the franchise. It's sad, cause they could have made a great series out of this.....

Now you have clips of Pewdiepie and loads of other popular streamers just saying things like 'no, no, no', 'I hate Abby, can I put a gun in her mouth', 'where can I throw her off' and even Ellie has been made less likable.

I think they had this notion that the magic between Joel and Ellie was 'all them' (ND) and they could replicate that again with a new 2 characters..... and in the next game it would follow Abby and Lev. If they do that now it will fail...badly IMO.

I enjoyed the game btw... I thought Lev was particularly charming.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
#1- I'd love to work on a 2.5D Castlevania style GOD OF WAR set in the old days/the old ways. All they have to do is call.

#2- I'm prob the biggest pro SJW person you will meet, sir. How in the world is anyone with a brain opposed to social justice?

#3- That said, I support your right- of course- to vote with your wallet and if certain game makers these days are not making titles that appeal to your sensibilities, I think it's great you choose to not give said games your cash.

#4- I think the game biz- in the game fiction and behind the scenes- needs more diversity for sure. As it relates to in game fiction however, the game world/story/IP should always drive every decision and things should never feel forced. But I would ask you, how many games can you think of where it DOESN'T make sense to have more women, POC, and LGBT folks in the cast? Sure there are games (as those games are currently defined) where it would make no sense to mention it at all and doing so would be odd (ex: if suddenly Toad in Mario comes out as trans, while I think that would be nice and wonderful for Toad, it seems out of place in that game). But do I think it's time we had a proud and obvious LGBT presence in a Zelda game character? Hell yeah- that'd be great. And I think the only people who would have a problem with it would be people who have problems w/LGBT folks IRL (in which case, fuck those people). Because if you've never had a problem with a hetero and/or cis relationship for NPCS in Zelda characters, there's zero reason- other than your own messed up shit- for you to cry fowl if suddenly you enter a shop and it's run by two trans women who are clearly very much in love.

Jaffe
Missed you Jaffe!

Nintendo won't do that though...

You stopped streaming?

Last edited:

Kumomeme

rip Kratos....and we gonna play trans half god for half playthrough and it will end with Arteus didnt kill him because thats what Kratos want and let him go at end of the story

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
rip joel...and we gonna play trans half god for half playthrough and it will end with Arteus didnt kill him because thats what Kratos want and let him go at end of the story
That story is told, I don't think Cory would imitate another persons story so obviously.

Bryank75

Banned
just joking though hahaha
I know... I just mean in general, I think ND have their style and SSM have a different style to them. GOW isn't meant to be quite as heavy as TLOU. It is an epic fantasy / mythological type game.... with an exaggerated style.

Kumomeme

I know... I just mean in general, I think ND have their style and SSM have a different style to them. GOW isn't meant to be quite as heavy as TLOU. It is an epic fantasy / mythological type game.... with an exaggerated style.
agreed..and i dont think gow is game suit for all that..some games just need to be on fantasy/myth stuff and thats it.

Barakov

Gold Member
I'm thinking maybe. On some level, Balrog and company know why people play God of War and it's not the same reason people play TLOU. Fortunately, if they do go down this route we'll have plenty of forewarning.

yurinka

Ninja Theory tried, and failed.

I wonder if you peanuts are going to be upset when Kratos dies. Atreus/Loki
2pkx85v0xct01.jpg

And find out Atreus/Loki shapeshifts into animals and women.

“Lady Loki is a female version of the beloved trickster god, and also one of the most notable of Loki’s shape-shifting forms. During the events of Ragnarok, Loki is reborn as a woman. More specifically, he inhabited the form of Lady Sif, Thor’s lover, whose spirit was trapped elsewhere.” marvel comics
ed6b6d30-9f57-4940-a9e8-cd9bf00f3f73-lady-loki.png

Loki turning into a women isnt a new idea. Its been portrayed in many media. Will you guys call SJW then?
To have a shapeshifter Loki who transforms into a woman or animals would be ok for me. I only ask Cory to don't make Kratos go trans and turn into a black Lesbian attracted by Cleopatra at the end of the game.

I mean, it's ok to have women and LGBT or similar characters in the game if makes sense (). But I think it's time to keep the male iconic characters they have.

Uncharted: Cassie, Chloe, Nadine.
The Last of Us: Lev, Abby, Dina, Ellie.
Horizon 2: Aloy
Spiderman 2: Miles Morales
Project Athia: unnamed Black woman
Returnal: unnamed White woman
Demon's Souls: character creator
Ratchet: furry

I think it's a foregone conclusion, especially since they love to sneak those things in pre-established series to ride that success.
They already evirated the gameplay for modern audiences, time to go all the way.

Well, in fact in Ratchet they introduce a female furry that seems to replace at least during some stages Ratchet:

EaqZmGKWoAMfrnE-scaled.jpg

I wonder if they will have this color in Gran Turismo 7:

BMW-Serie-8-Rainbow-LGBTQ-Pride1-1440x720.jpg

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
agreed..and i dont think gow is game suit for all that..some games just need to be on fantasy/myth stuff and thats it.
Yup and I doubt Sony would like all their studios trying to do the exact same thing. Diversification is a better approach...

I think davidjaffe davidjaffe idea of having a 2d sidescroller version would be great, PlayStation needs something like that. Xbox has Ori and Cuphead....

ExpandKong

Banned

Jaffe

Bro they had five gay carpenters in OoT way back in 1998 and those dudes were flaaaaaming. Nintendo is always ahead of the curve baby.

Nickolaidas

So what you're saying is... once a series has been established, the creators absolutely shouldn't change it, ever?
I get you. But there are many fans who hate changes and retcons. For them, nothing must change.

Which is why people hated Ben Reiley becoming Spider-Man, Bobby Drake retconned as gay, Sindel retconned as always evil, Superman going literally blue in the early 00's, etc.

Azurro

Banned
Could you explain what the SJW agenda in TLOU2 was?

I mean, there are gay characters, a whole two of them (or one and a half, I guess). There's also a person, who goes against the gender norms in his society, but again, I don't think that's pushing an agenda.

I doubt you'll see much of that in GoW. But at the same time, I fail to see the agenda. And no, you don't need to link that one video from a random youtuber.

Can we stop this tactic of "there is no agenda in TLOU2, explain it to me"? That game is a zoo.

Last edited:
I always thought GoW2 being pro-SJW was inevitable, after hearing bout how Kratos violent temper was toned down in the last game, along with the removal of sexy girls.

faraany3k

Banned
All big corporations in US are following the agenda. Sony had to cater to American market. God of War already shifted a lot. Next game will definately see big changes.

DarkBatman

Can we stop this tactic of "there is no agenda in TLOU2, explain it to me"? That game is a zoo.

It's not a tactic, it's the truth. There's no SJW agenda in the game, period.
Some wokeness, sure. But it never gets preachy or tries to teach you a lesson (at least not in the "women are way cooler than you think" or "Respect LGBT people!!!" way).

Just having a lesbian couple and a transgender in your game doesn't turn it into the SJW agenda simulator.

Cyborg

Just look at Cory Barlog's tweets and we see his complete admiration for everything Neil does.
Could we be facing a possible and possible SJW agenda in GOW 2 ??

Moderator, if the topic is outside the rules, please delete it
Admiration? Or just good friends?

shubik

GAF really starts to piss me off and makes me not want to browse here anymore. Ever since the leaks of TLOU2 this forum has become a playground for edgy republicans. Every single topic is being infested with this political bullshit. How many borderline retarded posts do we need? Why are the admins not stepping in?

How fragile do you have to be to get so offended by a game displaying gay or trans characters? Who is actually thinking that this "HiDdEn AgEnDa" is actually influencing people?!?! We are talking about a mature game for a mature audience. Are some of you scared to turn gay or trans? Are you scared to get infected with a liberal mindset? What is it? For the life of me, I don´t understand this whole thing...

I really hope not. The first game was pretty much the opposite of that hateful ideology.

GOW did a fantastic job balancing the ideas of toxic masculinity and toxic feminity, showing the dangers of both in damaging children, particularly through Baldur, who was a raging psycho both due to Odin being a heartless bastard that was only impressed by psychotic behavior, and his mother being so over protective of him he went mad and lashed out at the workd around him he could never quite truly be in.

The plot did a great job of contrasting this with Kratos, who recognised his failing (as well as his dead wife's mistakes too by the end) and corrected them, instilling his son with as many positive ideas and male strengths as he could, while giving him enough freedom to make mistakes so he would learn from them, ultimately mastering himself and his emotions, and helping Atreus become a good man.

The complete opposite of how the far left see the world and view moral behaviour basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom