• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor Closed Beta Codes (PC/PS4/XB)

Rodelero

This promotion is over - no more codes can be got via the Scars method

------------------

Original source: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5ow3pa/got_a_beta_code_from_the_scars_website/

Link to start: https://scars.forhonorgame.com/en-GB/index.html

Link to circumvent steps 1-5: https://scars.forhonorgame.com/en-GB/custom.html (thanks TherealDoge)

Just to warn it sounds like this may not work in the US or Canada. Definitely seems to work for the UK, and I believe rest of Europe.

Instructions:

0) You will need a uPlay account
1) Go to the site, enter your age
2) Choose a hero
3) On the left there are dots, you will be at the top, you need to get to the bottom. You can do this by clicking or scrolling down.
4) It will zoom onto your weapon, continue scrolling down (takes a while, it will eventually start to zoom back out)
5) Eventually you'll be allowed to 'Create Your Weapon', which takes you to a new site
6) Customise and then validate your weapon. You will now be presented with a beta code
7) Click "Redeem", or go here: http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/beta-redeem/ to redeem your code

You don't get an actual download code yet, that will come later when the beta opens in a weeks time.

"Choose a hero, click through the line (dots that go out to the left and right are to switch faction), once you reached the last dot the Site zooms in on your Sword, scroll down until the site zooms out and your Hero falls on his knees. At some Point a Button will pop up that says "create your own weapon" (or something like that), stop scrolling at that point (if you scroll further you will have to start over again) and click the button.

Create your Weapon and once you validated it a new Button appears that says something like "get betacode"

(if old, toss me off a bridge)

Rocketz

Cool, I'll fill this out in a bit.

I played the Alpha after I got a code from a friend but I don't know if that guarantees me a beta code so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hanmik

I got a code..

where do I put it in? I logged on via my PSN user.

When I tried to redeem the code via PSN it said it didn't work..

EDIT... lol just saw the button for REDEEM CODE:. lol

oxidax

"Thank you for registering on PC You will get your access instructions shortly before the beta starts"

Was able to go though the website with a VPN.

Laws00

not really interested in the game it looked but i want to give it a shot and maybe it could change my mind on it

Rodelero

Cool, I'll fill this out in a bit.

I played the Alpha after I got a code from a friend but I don't know if that guarantees me a beta code so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'm pretty sure there are no guarantees. People have been invited to one test and then not to the next.

Kudo

Thank you for registering on Playstation 4 You will get your access instructions shortly before the beta starts.

I assume they sent out the PS4 key on later date? Thanks.

Rodelero

I assume they sent out the PS4 key on later date? Thanks.

Yes, I believe you'll get the code shortly before the beta begins. Going off memory, maybe two or three days prior, so early next week I suspect. I'm not sure whether they'll notify you by email though, or whether you'll have to login to uPlay.

RoKKeR

Unavailable in my territory it says... I'm in the US.

That's a first. lol

Edit: I see the link is "GB." Ah well

big_z

If true it would be a bigger problem cause the game is less than a month away, it's probably going gold next week.

I won't say what's op right now but I'm sure anyone that gets in will notice fairly quickly. Last year it was the samurai. They nerfed it by making the class slow... feels bad imo.

Of course if you have voice chat and roll with someone you have a massive advantage. There's still not a decent way to defend yourself if more than one dude shows up.

Rodelero

Very sad, another region restricted beta. :(

I'm not quite sure on the region restriction with this site/way of getting codes, but the beta itself isn't region restricted as far as I know, just this particular method of getting codes. You can still sign up (for a chance) at a code via the For Honor website in the normal way.

IbukiLordSA

Well that's lame, got a code went to redeem and it tells me:

Unfortunately, you are not eligible at this time.

Why are they doing closed Beta's in 2017? You will lose a sale if I am unable to access the beta, it's just stupid decision making.

says "invalid parameters" when trying to redeem the code :E

edit: cracked it, gotta edit the URL on the browser to be "en-GB" at all times manually.

Artdayne

I know the feeling man, finally I might actually know what I'm talking about instead of referring to other people's guide lol

You haven't played the game yet? Or are you just referring to specific classes?

Cant believe the beta is closed, you just needed to get this game into peoples hands....instead closed beta's and stricter NDA's.

It boggles my mind. This game will sell itself, people just need a chance to try it.

Artdayne

I won't say what's op right now but I'm sure anyone that gets in will notice fairly quickly. Last year it was the samurai. They nerfed it by making the class slow... feels bad imo.

Of course if you have voice chat and roll with someone you have a massive advantage. There's still not a decent way to defend yourself if more than one dude shows up.

I don't think there's anything slow about the Orochi. The only change they made was they made deflects more difficult to do. Orochi was really OP in part because deflect was way too easy. The other thing they change is that you cannot cancel Storm Rush anytime you want, which was also really overpowered. Everything else is the same with the Orochi.

There are multiple ways to deal with more than one person as well. Zone attacks are pretty effective against multiple opponents (can be effective against one opponent too), when you block the first attack you block every other attack within the next second automatically. Parry works the same way, if you parry the first guy you will parry everyone else within the next second. You also have the revenge mechanic which when activated gives you increased stamina, damage, damage resistance and if you activate it when people are swinging at you they will all be knocked to the ground which can be followed up with a free overhead heavy. You can also look for quick environmental kills when outnumbered and use choke points to your advantage like bridges, doorways etc. If you get 1v4d you're almost certainly going to die but you can still distract the enemy team for quite awhile if you know what you're doing. 1v2 and 1v3 will depend on how much more skilled you are compared to your competition,.

Snagret

Huh, I tried using a VPN with multiple countries and it still gave me the "this is not available in your territory" message

Rodelero

Why are they doing closed Beta's in 2017? You will lose a sale if I am unable to access the beta, it's just stupid decision making.

I think when all is said and done pretty much everyone who wants to get into this beta will. Why they don't simply make it open perplexes me, but it does feel like access to the Closed Beta will be far, far simpler than access to the previous tests.

In the other tests, and I believe in this one, those that get invited get an extra three invites to give their friends. If that is true, expect there to be tons of invites floating about NeoGAF etc. It is dumb, but I'd feel pretty confident anyone who puts a little effort in will get a code.

Top Bottom