• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor: Execution Mood Effects

It seems you can customise your executions to have visual effects - like Fire wings, sun beam, shadow mist, wind petals etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaqyJBoIlo

Now I'm not particularly against special effects but these look hilariously lazy instead of cool lol.

EDIT: Turns out it's a fake, except for the shadow mist one?

EDIT: Might be real after all??

I bet that black smoke is gonna be the go to for alot of edgy orochi players, lmao.

Jesus christ, what were they thinking? Just up the blood and add some limb loss on regular kills and the game would be perfect. Not this shit.

These...are some very elaborate trolls. I am not sure I completely buy that they are...

I have to find em but the original clips of these even have Bink video emblems on the last few seconds of them. They also were not in either previous beta.

One of the ones on the vid, the smoke one I think, is real, to lend credibility. Most are fake.

Also never underestimate /v/ trolls. They have done worse than this before.

Even that one looks awful compared to the regular animations with blood and gore effects, though.

Eh fair enough. I could be mistaken, I just remember a smoke effect being on the season pass.

If I am wrong I will eat crow. Final beta is tomorrow and has no NDA so I can tell you guys for sure if anything like this is in the game, but these have been floating around with video editor watermarks for awhile.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
These are real. They're from the PC beta preload. Same redditor posted all the executions from the beta as well. Many previously unseen.

If he faked them, he worked pretty fast.

Example: First Look

For Honor is Siege. They are following that model.

Toxi

Banned
These are real. They're from the PC beta preload. Same redditor posted all the executions from the beta as well. Many previously unseen.

Eh. Hope you can turn them off.

:/

they should have focused on individuality, making lots of unique armors, hairstyles, facial types, weapons and such so your hero feels like your own unique characters. these animations get old real fast. Not to mention its unpractical and annoying to be in the middle of a execute animation with other enemies behind you.

jediyoshi

I don't see anything? What's the effect?

Evolved1

Thank the baby Jesus this is fake. I hope they concentrate on expanding executions.
They are not fake.

But the reaction on Reddit has been overwhelmingly negative. Idk, hopefully the devs hear it, probably too late though.

Btw: I'm not against this in theory... it's just the execution of it was worst case scenario.

You guys whine about everything. Just shut up and play the game when it comes out, if you don't want extra effects then just don't use or buy them.

Evolved1

You guys whine about everything. Just shut up and play the game when it comes out, if you don't want extra effects then just don't use or buy them.
Telling people to "shut up" will serve you well here.

jediyoshi

They are not fake.

But the reaction on Reddit has been overwhelmingly negative. Idk, hopefully the devs hear it, probably too late though.

Btw: I'm not against this in theory... it's just the execution of it was worst case scenario.

What's the effect in the example you've posted?

Evolved1

Siege has incredibly limited customisation and doesn't have loot boxes.
Siege is MONETIZED on customization. Wtf are you talking about?

And loot boxes are only a small difference. Don't lose the plot.

Auctopus

Siege is MONETIZED on customization. Wtf are you talking about?

And loot boxes are only a small difference. Don't lose the plot.

Um, okay - I'm not losing the plot, I'm just letting people know the differences, as small as they are.

For Honor will use an RNG loot box system to distribute stat-based gear that will make your hero stronger in certain aspects. This gear can range from armor and weapon parts to aesthetic choices such as colours/paints and taunts.

Rainbow Six does have monetised Uniform and Helmet options but they are not stat-based, additionally these are just bought from the store straight up. You pay the amount of real-world money for the exact item you want.

They're small differences, yet significant. Some people like to know these things.

Evolved1

Um, okay - I'm not losing the plot, I'm just letting people know the differences, as small as they are.

For Honor will use an RNG loot box system to distribute stat-based gear that will make your hero stronger in certain aspects. This gear can range from armor and weapon parts to aesthetic choices such as colours/paints and taunts.

Rainbow Six does have monetised Uniform and Helmet options but they are not stat-based, additionally these are just bought from the store straight up. You pay the amount of real-world money for the exact item you want.

They're small differences, yet significant. Some people like to know these things.
Lot of misinformation here. But it's 3 o'clock in the morning and I'm typing on a phone.

They are not fake.

Oh Jesus. I'm of the same mind. The effects just look incredibly bad and doesn't fit the aesthetic of the game. A lot of those effects look like they were ripped right out of TF2.

Keasar

Lot of misinformation here. But it's 3 o'clock in the morning and I'm typing on a phone.

Well, he is right about the existence of loot boxes, there are packs you buy for in-game currency that provide you with pieces of armor and weapons that have different stats, rolled randomly. If these will be purchasable for real cash however is the question.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

I don't see anything wrong in his post? That's exactly how rainbow is, and the only unknown is if they will offer customization for direct purchase. Probably not, since it'll kill loot boxes.

Evolved1

Well, he is right about the existence of loot boxes, there are packs you buy for in-game currency that provide you with pieces of armor and weapons that have different stats, rolled randomly. If these will be purchasable for real cash however is the question.

I don't see anything wrong in his post? That's exactly how rainbow is, and the only unknown is if they will offer customization for direct purchase. Probably not, since it'll kill loot boxes.
You guys are really overstating the emphasis of loot boxes in For Honor. Yes, they exist, but it's ancillary to loot drop which occurs with high frequency after every round. And it's all tied to level which reduces emphasis on the boxes even more, they'd be a waste until max rep. And he completely omits mention of attachments in Siege, which are a stat boost, based on tradeoffs, bought with ingame currency... just like For Honor.

The point was, they are following the Siege model here (minus random drops -- which is actually more generous than Siege). How it's monetized, marketed, supported... their season pass DLC is one week early (free) heroes/operators, free maps, modes etc.

I'm not digging these execution effects. They're kind of lame, and a lot of them are ill-fitting effects for what's going on.

I'd almost rather have a burst of confetti or a burst of candy, since that would be funny. I mean, if you're going to have sunbeams and big blazes of fire, then why not go full-on silly?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
The point was, they are following the Siege model here (minus random drops -- which is actually more generous than Siege). How it's monetized, marketed, supported... their season pass DLC is one week early (free) heroes/operators, free maps, modes etc.

This is the overwatch model, only with additional stat based items. We don't know yet if stat boosted items are limited to ingame currency. It's fair to say it's a more aggressive form of monetization. Personally not a fan, and it's a legit criticism.

This is the overwatch model, only with additional stat based items. We don't know yet if stat boosted items are limited to ingame currency. It's fair to say it's a more aggressive form of monetization. Personally not a fan, and it's a legit criticism.

The only positive seems to be that stats and skills are completely removed from 1v1 duels. So if that's your thing that's about as pure as it will get. The other modes though...I can see where spending money to have more gear drops and getting those specific stat increases can be seen as P2W.

Top Bottom