• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For now, Nintendo closed Wii line

lancubap

N-SIder said:
While on the E3 show floor covering Nintendo DS titles, I had a conversation with some of Nintendo's floor walkers — employees well-versed in the games at the DS bar. They informed me that Nintendo has, at least for the moment, closed the line to get inside the large sectioned-off area of Nintendo's booth dedicated to playing the 27 playable Wii titles here at the show.

The booth is quite impressive on the inside, but regrettably, it's become quite jammed up. The walls are lined with playable Wii stations, packed perilously close together, and prospective players simply line up behind their station of choice. Unfortunately, there's very little room to line up in the first place, and some demos take a very long time to finish (notably, Super Mario Galaxy

It seems that for now the Wii line is closed. But probably Nintendo will soon resolve this problem.

lancubap

UPDATE: it is not clear when the Wii Line will open again. For now, nodoby can try Wii's games it seems.

UPDATE 2: You know surely, le Line has re-open at 16:30.

koam

RSP said:
maybe we'll finally get some PS3 impressions :p

seriously, where are those.

:lol

Anyway, I have a feeling Nintendo is up to something. The Zelda lines were insane last year and it was packed in there and they didn't close them up. They're probably adding new games or something to that extent. Maybe the holograms. :p

teiresias

Closing the line isn't the same as turning people away. It sounds like they're just not letting anyone else in line at the moment in an attempt to clear people out that are already in the booth. If they were adding something they'd have to actually clear out the booth you'd think.

RSP

IF Nintendo is really pulling something strange, the internet will just melt down I suppose.

I just think they want more controlled lines and maybe they'll start a line just to geat near the Wii demopods.

Snaku

Banned
cartmanlandsmall17fb.jpg

It's super fun and awesome, but you can't come in. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

empanada

koam said:
:lol

Anyway, I have a feeling Nintendo is up to something. The Zelda lines were insane last year and it was packed in there and they didn't close them up. They're probably adding new games or something to that extent. Maybe the holograms. :p
Oh man, Thursdayton is coming. Yeah, this lockdown does seem suspicious....

teiresias said:
Closing the line isn't the same as turning people away. It sounds like they're just not letting anyone else in line at the moment in an attempt to clear people out that are already in the booth. If they were adding something they'd have to actually clear out the booth you'd think.

aw man logic unblinded by Nintendo hype ruins my day...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
teiresias said:

dont listen to this person!!

what happens when the people clear out huh? Make people line up again? I think not! They are clearing people, stopping the queue and once everyones done they can hook up their secret kojima wii game.

oooorrrrrrrr is it just close to closing time? if they were changing games - they'd do it at night when the show floor is you know...closed.

dysonEA

When I got their yesterday the line was closed ... I had to wait just to get in the line! ... once I got in the line ... man ... longest 3 hours ever

Juice

I overheard two floor walkers on the show floor saying that they had to clear out the entrance way because the aerosol misters had run out of opium, which supposedly Nintendo's been using to give people a euphoric sensation when demoing Wii games, thus artificially improving game impression write-ups.

Just normal maintenance then.

koam

dysonEA said:
When I got their yesterday the line was closed ... I had to wait just to get in the line! ... once I got in the line ... man ... longest 3 hours ever

Last year was great, I was playing some DS demos from their download station while waiting in line for zelda.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The Wii situation is a disaster and it got worse as the day rolled on, even though I was in before 9 AM. Also, the demos are too long. MP3 was like 25 minutes long.

Trurl

Banned
Juice said:
I overheard two floor walkers on the show floor saying that they had to clear out the entrance way because the aerosol misters had run out of opium, which supposedly Nintendo's been using to give people a euphoric sensation when demoing Wii games, thus artificially improving game impression write-ups.
Hey troll, nice damage control!
I'm just kidding. Honest.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
OMG! They've reopened the lines! The stereoscopic 3D displays are up and running, RE:Wii is on the show floor, and Iwata is beating Miyamoto off with excitement. Best E3 eva!

MrSardonic said:
OMG! They've reopened the lines! The stereoscopic 3D displays are up and running, RE:Wii is on the show floor, and Iwata is beating Miyamoto off with excitement. Best E3 eva!

No Snake, No win.

7Th

ZOMG! Anyboby watching the live video on Nintendo.com?

Seems like every single display is now a demostration of Brawl, new characters revealed too! Sonic is in the game! Yesterday was all lies, and this is coming for launch! 4 players online, too.

lancubap

7Th said:

Seems like every single display is now a demostration of Brawl, new characters revealed too! Sonic is in the game! Yesterday was all lies, and this is coming for launch! 4 players online, too.

Link please.

EDIT: I was sarcastic.

7Th said:

You can't joke about stuff like that, SSBB is serious bussiness.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Yesterday in the morning it took me 20 minutes to get in.

Today, because general admission can get in at 9 am and not 11 like yesterday, I tried to get in again in the morning but the line was 3 hours long by 9:06, heh :(

Willco

Hollywood Square
F#A#Oo said:
Nintendo will be showing off something new tomorrow. Star Wars baby!!! Yeah!!!

Maybe, maybe not. I had a private meeting with LucasArts yesterday. They had concept art for an undisclosed Star Wars game up, which they would not tell me the title. When I asked when we'd hear about it, I got: "Soon."

OMG Wii STAR WARS LIGHTSABERS GAME OMG!

Or some kind of Star Wars game for PS3/X360 with the OT DVD release.

Or nothing.

Willco said:
Maybe, maybe not. I had a private meeting with LucasArts yesterday. They had concept art for an undisclosed Star Wars game up, which they would not tell me the title. When I asked when we'd hear about it, I got: "Soon."

OMG Wii STAR WARS LIGHTSABERS GAME OMG!

Or some kind of Star Wars game for PS3/X360 with the OT DVD release.

Or nothing.

OMG CONCEPT ART?

build008428qm.jpg

I'll agree though some of the reactions this E3 are a tad over the top

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Are these ridiculous lines due to shitty floor layout? Or just crazy Wii/DS enthusiasm? Or both?

Mejilan said:
Are these ridiculous lines due to shitty floor layout? Or just crazy Wii/DS enthusiasm? Or both?

both. Some of Nintendo's demos are also kinda long apparently.

And holy shit at the length of the line :lol

Top Bottom