• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

for the people who attacked 343 studios over the Halo infinite reveal are you happy with the outcome(delay)?

for the people who attacked 343 studios over the Halo infinite reveal are you happy with outcome?

• Total voters

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't know what's going on inside 343i, but their handling of the Halo brand has been horrible. But I believe there is hope and the fact that Microsoft is delaying the game make me confident they want to get Halo Infinite right, so we'll see.

It's somewhat concerning. For Microsoft to allow such a delay on their big launch title is highly suggestive, in my view. I would assume it means something like the game is in worse shape than even the demo indicated or that their internal metrics showed the response was beyond abysmal to the demo or maybe a combo of both. Maybe 343 was already begging for a delay and the backlash sealed the deal? My main question is what level of bad state would the game need to be in to sabotage their own launch line-up? Even if the backlash was incredibly strong if the game was fixable within the next few months they could just release a superior demo say in October and re-ignite the hype train, or would that be too close to launch?

diffusionx

Gold Member
It doesn't fix the main problem which is that 343 is incapable of delivering a Halo game worthy of the franchise, and a game the fans deserve.

Sure, give them 5 years to release patches like in MCC and they can figure it out. But that is not acceptable. Halo deserves better.

Last edited:
It's somewhat concerning. For Microsoft to allow such a delay on their big launch title is highly suggestive, in my view. I would assume it means something like the game is in worse shape than even the demo indicated or that their internal metrics showed the response was beyond abysmal to the demo or maybe a combo of both. Maybe 343 was already begging for a delay and the backlash sealed the deal? My main question is what level of bad state would the game need to be in to sabotage their own launch line-up? Even if the backlash was incredibly strong if the game was fixable within the next few months they could just release a superior demo say in October and re-ignite the hype train, or would that be too close to launch?

i tend to not think its in such a state that it would be entirely unreleasable in november. otherwise the delay talk would have happened before the reveal. i believe they fully intended on releasing in november and then adding RT and bug fixes later

Batiman

Banned
The same people that were outraged are still gonna be outraged. Most of them here probably planned to be outraged even before the reveal. It’s pretty easy to tell the difference between an upset fan and someone that couldn’t wait to shit on the game regardless of how it was revealed. As a fan I’m disappointed in the delay but it’s obviously for the best. A delay is never a bad thing.

MiguelItUp

Personally I still think the reaction was overdramatic. I didn't think it looked incredible, but it also didn't look shitty either. But apparently a lot of people thought it did, from fans to those that don't care for Xbox or Halo.

I think the delay will help Halo and the game itself. But won't be helping the launch much at all. I'm sure they'll make up for it though.

MrS

Banned
Nobody wants to play a bad/rushed game. The delay is good news for Halo fans. It would be prudent to drop the X1 version imo. Gotta worry for the future of 343 though. They score repeated own goals and have tarnished the Halo brand with their ineptitude. The Gears team should be given a crack at Halo given their excellent track record.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i'd rather they shift into some kinda perma flight mode, push out mp sooner and iterate until the generation ends

it's supposed to be halo infinite, embrace the fall

CrysisFreak

Banned
I'm not.
>delaying it by one year is no guarantee that it will be good or much improved
>delaying it increases expectations even further because now "they had time"
>delaying it completely nukes the value proposition of our competitor and we need them to be healthy
>delaying all of it instead of staggered launch is going too far. They could've at least released the multiplayer or something. Anything.
>there is no need to be upset anyway :)

RPS37

Personally I still think the reaction was overdramatic. I didn't think it looked incredible, but it also didn't look shitty either. But apparently a lot of people thought it did, from fans to those that don't care for Xbox or Halo.

I think the delay will help Halo and the game itself. But won't be helping the launch much at all. I'm sure they'll make up for it though.
It needed to look incredible and it didn’t.

llLeonhart

Gold Member
No. I’ll be happy if the game turns out to be amazing, but absolutely nothing in 343 gives me the confidence they can pull it off. We might end up with a crackdown 3 situation(I still like the mindless fun)

What I think needs to happen is Phil needs to take a step back and develop a vision for Xbox. Right now it feels like he’s completely out of touch with the gaming community.

A bad console is bad forever, a delayed console is good eventually - Some video game man

If Sony can come back from $599 with the piece of shit that the PS3 was, Microsoft can come back as well.

Delay the console, add VR, launch next Christmas

Havoc2049

The graphics in Halo Infinite is just one of many problems in the game. 343 has a gift for making unlikable characters and that bitchy annoying pilot at the beginning of the demo needs to go as well. The juvenile “E” for Everyone approach to the dialog and graphics needs to go as well. Soooo many problems. I hope I’m wrong, but a polished turd is still a turd. I hope the extra time does wonders, but I’m doubtful.

Cliffy B needs a job. Bring him in and let him clean house and start the next Halo from scratch. Bring back the edge and humor that Halo used to have. Or if Infinite is truly a long term deal, maybe bring in someone like Cliffy B to make a dark and mature ODST game or a game based on the ONI Spartans, Team Black or Team Grey.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

If I got a Xbox Series I still would have bought Halo, even with the shitty graphics.

I guess this is more than just graphics.

Mudit Shwarma

Neo Member
Microsoft just bought Bethesda, other than Microsoft now being an RPG powerhouse, studios like iD software and machine games (makers of Doom and Wolfenstein) should be used as support studios for 343 industries in order to make Halo Infinite better now that it's been delayed. Better yet, I'd rather have Microsoft give the entire Halo IP to Bethesda completely, to work on making a proper first person shooter.

With this acquisition, all of the IPs Bethesda brought to Microsoft are great, but all the talent Bethesda can bring to Microsoft's IPs might actually be the smarter utilization.

Top Bottom