• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the people who still believe The Elderscrolls Vl won't be set in Hammerfell...

Starfield

Take a look at this tweet from the official Elderscrolls twitter:

Now take a closer look at the wording and where the Candles are being placed on.

There's also THIS pic from their 25year anniversary video where you can see photogrammery tech being used for the "next elderscrolls game"

the-elder-scrolls-6-photogrammetry.jpg

Notice the color of the rock, its sand-ish. Hammerfell has lots of desert and mountains aswell as a similar color palette (as seen in Elder Scrolls Online)

There are numerous hints and clues in The Elderscrolls V: Skyrim.
The Whiterun quest in Skyrim.
Skyrim taught us Hammerfell has the most unique political status next to Morrowind
Hammerfell rejected Thalmor rule.

Welcome to The Elderscrolls Vl: Redfall / Redguard / Volenfell

probably something like this ^

Coming to you in 2025+

Edit: one more thing

Hammerfell is one of the least explored areas in Tamriel. Even when account ESO

game-maps_com-ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg

Last edited:

Tschumi

IKEA playing a key'a role in game design these days! (I know that rhyme mispronounces IKEA, it's a harmless habit of mine since i was like 5 years old to mispronounce it eye-key-ya)

Good looking rocks~

I'm rather wondering if it might not be across multiple provinces? Morrowind has red rocks too~

Edit: also the candles are just spread around a map of Skyrim i don't get it

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Not bad.

Now we just need the tweet which 100 percent confirms the franchise will be platform exclusive and the interesting discussions can begin.

Starfield

IKEA playing a key'a role in game design these days! (I know that rhyme mispronounces IKEA, it's a harmless habit of mine since i was like 5 years old to mispronounce it eye-key-ya)

Good looking rocks~

I'm rather wondering if it might not be across multiple provinces? Morrowind has red rocks too~

Edit: also the candles are just spread around a map of Skyrim i don't get it
look closer to the one on the left. It isn't placed in Skyrim, It is placed on Hammerfell. Directly under the word "Hammerfell" actually

Starfield

Want one more clue?

Hammerfell is one of the least explored areas in Tamriel. Even in ESO

game-maps_com-ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg

Last edited:

Alebrije

Hope Microsft takes full control in the development of next Elders Scrolls and Fallout...leaving alone Bethesda is the worst idea id they want success , specially with Fallout.

Cycom

Banned
Would love for the new Elder Scrolls game to take years only for it to be finally announced as using an updated Oblivion engine. Faces and AI for the lulz.

Soodanim

Gold Member
People figured out the location of the teaser so quickly, I didn’t know it was up for debate. Good to see the new teaser though, it’s nicely done.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't have problem with Hammerfell. Those were the ones who were against Thalmor and fight back against it.

As for visual and artistic choice I dunno. Even though the area has sea and some green, most of areas are deserts. So, it won't be a pretty area to explore. Would be better Valenwood or Summerset Isles. Well...anything is better than the Imperial city to me though.

Bogey

Banned
I know literally nothing about the TES universe. So does that mean mostly sandy / desert sort of environments?

Would be a shame if so. I absolutely loved to icy nordic environments of skyrim. The sort of central European ones from oblivion were decent enough too. Not a big fan of deserts tho!

JSoup

Banned
I would put actual money on all that being a hint for further ESO content primarily.
I would be delighted to be wrong. Or right, actually, ESO isn't bad.

Starfield

I would put actual money on all that being a hint for further ESO content primarily.
I would be delighted to be wrong. Or right, actually, ESO isn't bad.
We already know what the next content for ESO will be.

Gates of Oblivion

A whole year of oblivion themes dlcs

Warablo

I think that color palette would work well in the Fallout 4 engine. Wasn't the biggest fan of the New Vegas filter though.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
We already know what the next content for ESO will be.

Gates of Oblivion

A whole year of oblivion themes dlcs

And, as we all know, MMO devs only plan for one expansion at a time, with no forethought to the future.

Cant wait for the next ES game so i can take a random generated quest that copy and pastes the same 5 variations of dungeons all over the map with the same draugr at the end so you can uncover the same sword with the same look with no stats.

Derktron

Banned
Instead of having one setting for a map, why not have the entire map of Elders Scrolls. I mean after all how many games do we get in a generation? Make it big with dense areas to visit.

JSoup

Banned
Instead of having one setting for a map, why not have the entire map of Elders Scrolls. I mean after all how many games do we get in a generation? Make it big with dense areas to visit.

Generally speaking, it's one of those "this world is vast" kind of things, but they've actually tried to make them seem like the areas are vast by focusing each game on only one area.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Generally speaking, it's one of those "this world is vast" kind of things, but they've actually tried to make them seem like the areas are vast by focusing each game on only one area.
Considering how long it takes Bethesda to make these games and how more and more complex updating them with the details and simulation people expect we could be waiting a long long long long long time before TES VII is released (when some big technology transition allows them to do something completely new).

So, I think that if there is a series ripe for big multi year season passes, each year or so adding a new territory, it is TES VI.

x@3f*oo_e!

Todd howard himself said in an interview from december 2020 that rheyre currently working on their biggest rewrite and engine change since from Morrowind to Oblivion
It's so easy and cheap but

Starfield

It's so easy and cheap but
Creation Engine on a technical level is different compared to Gamebryo.

Do you expect them to rewrite every single line of code or something? Lmao

Engines evolve and change.

Im not an expert but changing the endgine to lets say unreal or frostbite wont do any good for what BGS games are good for.

And if a person comes here and says "why dont they change to a different engine" i already know they got no clue in what theyre talking and never really cared about Bethesda games

Top Bottom