• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who swore to not buy an XBONE after their E3 2013 reveal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over two years later, are you still steadfast in your position? Has MS managed to persuade you in light of the various 180's, price drops/promotions, 360 BC, etc etc?

Jawmuncher

As soon as they did the original 180 from the reveal I was back on. Everything to this point has been icing on the cake.

TRI Mike

They convinced me in E3 2014, purchased the console in July last year and have been enjoying every single game on it. I also have both the Wii U and PS4. Can safely say that this is the only gen I've lived through (was born in 1985) where no console is better than the others.

emb

I don't know that I ever swore, in so many words. But yeah, they convinced me. When they did the initial 180, I became ok with the system. Then the price drop + SSO bundle gave me the impetus to go ahead and grab one.

quickwhips

I already bought mine. Bc was the reason I didn't buy it over ps4 but once they showed it and gears. I bought one the next day.

CoG

Owning a PS4 and PC I have no interest. I'm not into Halo, Gears, etc. Everything else is on the PC pretty much.

JoshGrilli

Neo Member
I've been back and forth considering it but there's just nothing worthwhile on the system. Games have kinda came and went with little fanfare on it and just nothing has pushed me over the edge and made me think wow I NEED to play that. Was hoping gamescom was going to change my mind but I felt no different. I just feel like at this point I won't be picking up an XB1 this generation at all.

People will turn this into a clusterfuck of a thread but for me personally, there still isn't enough out (at the moment) that changes any position I've had on the state of the whole thing.

They are certainly expanding their library into new genres which is great but the reliance of the same franchises over and over and over again is why I fatigued with it in the past. And until I see a real change it's not likely I'm going to jump in. Plus, Canadian prices are killing my need for any new games anyways so that's another giant barrier.

Phil is doing some good things and it's good to see he has some actions to match his words.

delSai

I dunno, the game that i wanted an Xbone for (Killer Instinct) is coming to PC.. I'd love to try out Sunset Overdrive tho. It went from a "Nope!" to "Maybe if i have some money to spare for a new console".

neither

intially i never saw myself owning one, but maybe scalebound will persuade me.
(along with sunset overdrive/quantum break)

LQX

Where have you been? They changed their online and used game policy. If they didn't I would not have XB1 right now no matter how good the games are.

oti

Banned
They didn't follow through with their ridiculous DRM-plans and killed off Kinect. It's now "buyable" for me but lacks must-haves. I really hope Quantum Break and especially Scalebound will change that.

If you have a PS4 or especially a PC there's little reason for one outside of the big exclusives. Depends on how those pan out I might buy one.
Scalebound and QB look neat, but for me that's about it

It's on my plan now, but only because they seem to start caring about RARE again. And that "secret to no one but themselves" Battletoads game they are making

danmaku

I liked the 180, but it still has no games I want to play. Unless MS comes up with some crazy exclusive, I don't think I'll get one.

georly

After the 180, it's about on-par with a ps4 for me, in terms of 'next console i'll buy.'

Neither ps4 nor xb1 have enough exclusives for me to justify a purchase, yet. Right now it's rare replay (used to be KI, but that's coming to PC now) vs bloodborne, and obviously bloodborne is winning. I'm still not buying either one until they get more exclusives that I want to play. We'll see what happens.

That said, the hardware and policies are no longer keeping me from buying one, it's just the lack of exclusive games that I care about. For the record, I don't typically care for most first party microsoft titles OR sony for that matter. No interest in halo, ratched and clank, naughty dog games, etc. It'll basically be determined by 3rd party exclusive games, which there aren't many of.

Sorian

Banned
Anybody holding a grudge at this point is just being childish.

This. I still contend that the PS4 is the better console for me between the two but I just bought a bone about a month ago after having saved gift cards for awhile from various holidays and birthdays.

Edit: As with any possible console wars thread, I always worry I'll say the wrong thing and get banned. I hope my agreement with the above statement doesn't come off in the wrong way. My agreement is just in terms of, I know some people who still hate MS based on a practice that they never implemented and that they did a 180 on before the console even released.

I did buy it last year for FH2 and MCC, played for couple of months and sold it back. I'll probably pick it up again when Scalebound drops, but otherwise PS4/WiiU combo has been perfect for me so far.

nynt9

I had sworn not to get one. I ended up having one due to my job (we required kinects and at the time they weren't being sold separately) and I don't really use it a lot (owning every system there are few things I want to play on it) but I'm willing to give the 2016 games a shot pending impressions. Though the games lineup still isn't exciting enough for me that I would buy one if I didn't already have it. So far on the system I've only played Sunset Overdrive and D4, didn't really enjoy the former (yes I got the dash) and the latter came out on PC (and played better, the Kinect controls were absolutely not working for me and the gamepad keeps disconnecting). I've also played some MCC but not enough, the issues around launch turned me off and I never really had a chance to go back to it. Scalebound is the one thing I'm guaranteed to give a shot to out of all titles that have been announced so far.

I never had a 360 due to it not releasing in my country for years, so if backwards compatibility is expanded I could potentially play a few titles. Right now I'm playing Shadow Complex which I had missed due to the aforementioned reasons.

lord_lad

Banned
I already have a ps4 so i see no reason to get xbox....

And no, halo and gears of war doesnt really interest me....

Luke_Wal

I purchased a PS4 at launch, but with the 360 BC (among other things, because I never had a 360) and their library of exclusives, I'm setting aside money to buy one on Black Friday.

I bought one last week after hating MS (not literally) for being so god damned US centric in their reveal. After two years they've actually spread the love outside of their own borders so I jumped in as it were. The fact I got it new for $240 helps too.

Boke1879

In the future. It'll probably take one more price drop before I jump in. Maybe at some point next year and I'll have a plethora of games to pick from.

Very little interest at this point.

I'll pick one up in a few years tho, when the price has dropped much further and there are more than a couple interesting exclusives.

The PS4 will keep me busy enough until then.

thenexus6

I really want to get one, Halo 5 looks too good to miss, plus the new UI looks great. However I already have a PS4 and theres a ton of multiplatform games I want, so its hard justifying that much money for just Halo 5.

oti

Banned
Only interesting thing they have is rare replay.
So absolutely not

I'm not saying I agree with you there but reading this post is such a bummer. It kinda describes current-gen as a whole with some rare exceptions (and excluding the exclusive GOAT called Wii U).

why is it goat BTW?

catbrush

I'm not really interested in any of the exclusives. Buying the 360 for essentially only 3 games (Lost Odyssey, Bayonetta and Tales of Vesperia) left a bad taste in my mouth.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I can safely say I have gone from less than no interest to no interest.

This. Zero interest.
Happy with my PS4. I still see no reason to get a Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom