• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: Does Microsoft Need To Give 'Halo' To Someone Besides 343?

MagnesD3

No, it hasn’t. The campaign was extremely well received.

Lol @ ‘decomposing corpse’

Halo Infinite’s Metacritic scores and GOTY awards doesnt qualify as critical success, because reasons.
The campaign was ok, popular opinion doesn't mean much when minecraft, gta, fortnite and Cod are the most popular games. The campaign is only any fun due to the grappling hook, everything else was fine to boring to bad.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
The campaign was ok, popular opinion doesn't mean much when minecraft, gta, fortnite and Cod are the most popular games. The campaign is only any fun due to the grappling hook, everything else was fine to boring to bad.

Imagine piping up to claim minecraft, GTA V and Fortnite aren’t excellent games.

Less about ‘popular opinion’ and more about critic consensus.

Some of you have a hard time accepting you’re a vocal outlier, despite the available data. Sad.

MagnesD3

Imagine piping up to claim minecraft, GTA V and Fortnite aren’t excellent games.

Less about ‘popular opinion’ and more about critic consensus.

Some of you have a hard time accepting you’re a vocal outlier, despite the available data. Sad.
They are good but very overrated/overloved. They appeal to a mass crowd with no knowledge/taste on a base level. (Minecraft Legos/you can do anything, GTA gangsters/you can do anything, and fortnight generic artstyle with alot of goofy cosmetic expression and popular culture pulls. ) If you believe popular opinion is right opinion you would have to be a fool if you look to the past as to what's been considered popular opinion..

Also I wouldn't say I'm very vocal haha I mostly let people just believe what they want, most don't care about the truth only that they feel right

Imo 343 only ruined Halo.......after Halo 3 game was not Halo anymore.
I believe Halo 4 was on the level of the originals (even though the multiplayer came out messed up) but after that woof, I'm pretty sure 4 was just a fluke.

Last edited:
Man the shit 343 takes is kinda sad at this point. People really keep shitting on them all the time. They are fucking humans probably trying to do their best

How about "should 343 make the games they want to make?"
Ask that question to MS, i think they wont let them do that, just like Bungie. Whe know how that went....

Ozriel

M$FT
343i was created to make Halo games, Bungie wasn't. There aren't going anywhere and they are unlikely to work on anything outside of Halo.

Never say never, though.

Sony Santa Monica is pushing through a new IP. Playground games is making Fable. The Coalition is rumored to be working on a new IP alongside Gears 6.

There’s scope for 343 to try their hand at making something else.

FStubbs

No, it hasn’t. The campaign was extremely well received.

Lol @ ‘decomposing corpse’

Halo Infinite’s Metacritic scores and GOTY awards doesnt qualify as critical success, because reasons.
More important to Microsoft was Halo Infinite had 20 million players at one point. Between actual game sales and Gamepass, Microsoft is probably quite happy with the current state of Halo.

Never say never, though.

Sony Santa Monica is pushing through a new IP. Playground games is making Fable. The Coalition is rumored to be working on a new IP alongside Gears 6.

There’s scope for 343 to try their hand at making something else.
Yep.

Being commissioned to only developing one IP is crazy. I pray for the sanity of the developers at 343. Their primary task can be to develop Halo games but should not be creatively bound to that one game.
Allowing them to branch off to other projects could be good to stimulate dev creativity and flexibility as has been demonstrated by PlayGround Games and The Coalition not being bound to Forza Horizon and Gears respectively.

Last edited:
Top Bottom