• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes - Microsoft’s ‘No Xbox Series X Exclusives’ Philosophy Is Not As Wild As It Sounds

CyberPanda

Banned
Microsoft is making headlines that frame recent comments from Head of Xbox Game Studios, Matt Booty, as some sort of generation-killing pronouncement. Here’s what he said to MCVUK:

“As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains. “We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”

The idea for at least the early years of the Xbox Series X, there will not be “Series X” exclusives from Microsoft, as whatever is released there will also be out and playable for the last generation of consoles, Xbox One and Xbox One X. Many are claiming that this level of “forward capability” is the end of true console generations as we know it. But when you dig deeper into what this actually means, it’s hard to get behind that concept, or think this is anything all that revolutionary.

First of all, this is only applying to Microsoft exclusive titles. As in, any third party that wants to release a game that can only run on Series X, but not older consoles, is welcome to.

But second of all, that’s not what normally happens when new generations arrive. It’s very standard to see new games release a “prime” version on the new generation, yet also release a less demanding version on the last generation in order not to lose the 100+ million console base that has already been established. It is not unusual to see this continue in the first year or two of the new generation of consoles.

Thirdly, Microsoft has more or less eliminated the idea of a console exclusive already, because they have made it clear that all of their games are being developed and released for both whatever console they have out, and also PC, at the same time. So there’s theoretically already no such thing as a true Xbox Series X exclusive from moment one, and they’re used to building games for PC and then downscaling them for consoles.

And finally, how many games is Microsoft reallygoing to produce in the first year or two of the Xbox Series X that are first party exclusives? We know Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are coming, but it is probably not going to be more than a handful total. And when combined with third party games that were probably going to be cross-gen anyway for a little while, this is really not all that big of a deal.

I suppose there are a few risks that come with this idea. If literally every game that you sell is also available on a console that everyone already owns, then you may have a harder time moving new units. But even with that said, the types of people who are going to show up on day one at launch to buy a $400-600 console brand new are probably going to buy it whether or not this system is in place. I don’t think making say, Halo Infinite Xbox Series X only really would do much to move the needle there.

We don’t know if Sony is doing something similar with the PS5, but I wouldn’t be surprised, as backwards and forwards playability is getting increasingly important as the generations move on and players realized they didn’t enjoy canning a system and dozens of games the second a new console came out. But in the end, this is not all that much different from what we’ve already experienced, and if anything, is just slightly more pro-consumer with a little more risk to the console manufacturers themselves. So who cares?

Raziel

First of all, this is only applying to Microsoft exclusive titles. As in, any third party that wants to release a game that can only run on Series X, but not older consoles, is welcome to.

Most third party will be cross gen. That’s why it’s so important that platform exclusives be built exclusively for next gen.

But second of all, that’s not what normally happens when new generations arrive. It’s very standard to see new games release a “prime” version on the new generation, yet also release a less demanding version on the last generation in order not to lose the 100+ million console base that has already been established. It is not unusual to see this continue in the first year or two of the new generation of consoles.

Cross gen is standard for third party, not for first party. Forza Horizon 2 was the only cross gen MS first party title this gen.

Thirdly, Microsoft has more or less eliminated the idea of a console exclusive already, because they have made it clear that all of their games are being developed and released for both whatever console they have out, and also PC, at the same time. So there’s theoretically already no such thing as a true Xbox Series X exclusive from moment one, and they’re used to building games for PC and then downscaling them for consoles.

People are less concerned with true exclusivity (XSX and PC) and more with being constrained by last gen (XSX, XB1, PC).

And finally, how many games is Microsoft reallygoing to produce in the first year or two of the Xbox Series X that are first party exclusives? We know Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are coming, but it is probably not going to be more than a handful total. And when combined with third party games that were probably going to be cross-gen anyway for a little while, this is really not all that big of a deal.

“Xbox Series X isn’t going to have that many games in the first two years anyway” isn’t making ANYONE feel better. lol

We don’t know if Sony is doing something similar with the PS5, but I wouldn’t be surprised

Power Your Dreams.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Sony didn’t say all games would be next gen exclusive, just that they would have PS5 exclusives. So expect Resogun 2 to be next gen exclusive while they port all their other games to PS4 and PS5.

You have to learn to read between the lines.

They say they will have some PS5 exclusives, they don‘t say every 1st party game is PS5 exclusive.

This way they don’t lie, but they do deceive, and most of you bought it hook, line and sinker,

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
eQh5MuF.png

Microsoft is being smart. Very few to no games releasing anywhere in the launch window of these two consoles was truly made from the ground up with the next gen consoles in mind with Halo Infinite likely being the rare exception. That was clearly targeting next gen from the very start with its new engine, and I expect it will show.

We're talking 2080 Super-RTX 2080 TI levels of performance in Xbox Series X. That ain't getting held back by a damn thing. We're getting exactly the level of detail we saw in both trailers shown thus far on Series X because that's the kind of graphics quality we can expect. And it may look even more impressive when we see it all come together as gameplay.

Depending on the game, we're looking at a console that will easily be north of 30fps (roughly 45-57fps) with the highest PC settings at 4K resolution, and it will be capable of pulling this off practically the entire gen. And if the dev truly wants to achieve a solid 60fps, they can adjust down accordingly to get there without being far off highest PC settings. Or they can lower the resolution and we're looking at solid 60fps. Then there is always dynamic resolution. Needless to say, each and everyone of these options involve the highest pc quality settings in games with amazing performance, and that's the point we've reached now on consoles.

Even as we progress further into the gen, this console will never hit a point where it's unable to get max pc settings with amazing performance at super high resolutions. Anybody can take a good look at Halo Infinite and see that game clearly isn't being held back by anything in the Xbox One family. What we've seen so far is far beyond xbox one's capabilities. And, surprise, devs are accustomed to scaling games to lower performing hardware. And frank from 343i literally already confirmed that Xbox Series X will not be held back by Xbox One.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Microsoft is being smart. Very few to no games releasing anywhere in the launch window of these two consoles was truly made from the ground up with the next gen consoles in mind with Halo Infinite likely being the rare exception. That was clearly targeting next gen from the very start with its new engine, and I expect it will show.

We're talking 2080 Super-RTX 2080 TI levels of performance in Xbox Series X. That ain't getting held back by a damn thing. We're getting exactly the level of detail we saw in both trailers shown thus far on Series X because that's the kind of graphics quality we can expect. And it may look even more impressive when we see it all come together as gameplay.

Depending on the game, we're looking at a console that will easily be north of 30fps (roughly 45-57fps) with the highest PC settings at 4K resolution, and it will be capable of pulling this off practically the entire gen. And if the dev truly wants to achieve a solid 60fps, they can adjust down accordingly to get there without being far off highest PC settings. Or they can lower the resolution and we're looking at solid 60fps. Then there is always dynamic resolution. Needless to say, each and everyone of these options involve the highest pc quality settings in games with amazing performance, and that's the point we've reached now on consoles.

Even as we progress further into the gen, this console will never hit a point where it's unable to get max pc settings with amazing performance at super high resolutions. Anybody can take a good look at Halo Infinite and see that game clearly isn't being held back by anything in the Xbox One family. What we've seen so far is far beyond xbox one's capabilities. And, surprise, devs are accustomed to scaling games to lower performing hardware. And frank from 343i literally already confirmed that Xbox Series X will not be held back by Xbox One.
Well said

Well said

Here it goes. From Frank at 343i. And the last thing Microsoft wants to do is to make existing xbox one family owners feel like their investment is immediately garbage just because a new system came out. Show those fans that they, too, are a priority. This is just another one of those fanboy checklist items that people like to argue about. what Microsoft is doing here is pro-consumer, and is the right way to treat its existing base of customers. I'm immediately jumping to Xbox Series X, but many others won't just yet, so it's good they get to play Halo Infinite and any other important xbox console exclusive titles.

It's never a bad thing to treat your existing customers as a priority, and that's what Microsoft are doing.

LOINEwB.jpg

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
At a Microsoft executives' meeting:
- Hey guys, a new gen of consoles is coming.
- Oh shit, already?! We have no ideas for new IPs and our newly bought studios will take years to organize and develop anything original.
- I have an idea! Let's smear our support over every platform we publish for. Let's say this is the future.
- But gamers who want new things in games will criticize that.
- Don't worry, we have Forbes bloggers and a few gaming journos in our pockets. They will evangelize it as VERY, VERY SMART.
- But it's smart for us, not for gamers.
- Do you think those kids know the difference?
[execs nod and smile]

Kagey K

Banned
- Oh shit, already?! We have no ideas for new IPs and our newly bought studios will take years to organize and develop anything original.
- I have an idea! Let's smear our support over every platform we publish for. Let's say this is the future.
- Don't worry, we have Forbes bloggers and a few gaming journos in our pockets. They will evangelize it as VERY, VERY SMART.
[execs nod and smile]
Bit hypocritical much?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it is, there's zero reasons to buy it based on this news.
I'm buying it because I want better graphics. I've got the original Xbox One, not even the OneS, but I want better gfx and gaming in 4K. If you care about that then it's worth buying the system, if you don't well then keep playing on the PC, OneS or OneX.

But that's a good thing... Microsoft is giving you a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys need to think broader. This changes literally nothing, they're already targeting PC up and down the spectrum and they can tune the game for different results accordingly.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, developers tear down, they don't build up. They start at the top of what they can do with a product and then scale back for targets as needed.

[execs nod and smile]
This has been in the cards for like nearly 4 years, this isn't some new plan. They publicly discussed this, forward and backward compatibility and the dissolving of generational lines.

If only you were better informed garbage posts like this wouldn't exist.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Sony didn’t say all games would be next gen exclusive, just that they would have PS5 exclusives. So expect Resogun 2 to be next gen exclusive while they port all their other games to PS4 and PS5.

They say they will have some PS5 exclusives, they don‘t say every 1st party game is PS5 exclusive.

This way they don’t lie, but they do deceive, and most of you bought it hook, line and sinker,
Why do you care so much?

They can not support game pass on xsx and x1 with separate content. So they will release on everything to keep a steady flow on game pass .

Ms focus is ONLY on Gamepass. Everything else is a side to that. So Ofcourse there won’t be xsx exclusives until considerable amount have switched over.afterall they are a service company at the core with their philosophy.new Xbox direction is clear indication of that. It’s all about game pass. For god sake Phil even said we really though do we really want to do another hardware ?

Mahadev

I'm buying it because I want better graphics. I've got the original Xbox One, not even the OneS, but I want better gfx and gaming in 4K. If you care about that then it's worth buying the system, if you don't well then keep playing on the PC, OneS or OneX.

But that's a good thing... Microsoft is giving you a choice.

Xbox has all the negatives of a console without the positives. Games not designed specifically for the console which means they'll not be as optimized as in consoles, no real exclusives since everything is ported to PC but still paying for online (which btw is a Microsoft invention), closed system, store monopoly, no mods and so on. Taking into account all the ridiculous disadvantages this console has compared to PC that is trying to become without the hassle of, you know, treating customers better, you should just build a decent PC connect it to your TV and have a FAR better gaming machine than this bullshit.

Let the Infinity Console War Begin!
hhh.png

imsosleepy

Yea? Should have made this fucking clear during the first time u made that dumb comment. Already seeing videos online saying 'NO EXCLUSIVES" and lots of people dissapointed. They wont read this comment u made.

What a fucking idiot

Psykodad

Banned
You guys need to think broader. This changes literally nothing, they're already targeting PC up and down the spectrum and they can tune the game for different results accordingly.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, developers tear down, they don't build up. They start at the top of what they can do with a product and then scale back for targets as needed.

This has been in the cards for like nearly 4 years, this isn't some new plan. They publicly discussed this, forward and backward compatibility and the dissolving of generational lines.

If only you were better informed garbage posts like this wouldn't exist.
This has been in the cards since they realized that they had lost about 50% of their installbase from last-gen and likely are going to have a rough start for next-gen as is.

There is no other option than to release cross-gen titles, because exclusives will be a complete waste of money.

Everything you hear about how this is "as it has always been" and it's because of the "poor last-gen installbase" is PR and damage control.

Last edited:

Sussoloc

"Microsoft’s ‘No Xbox Series X Exclusives’ Philosophy Is Not As Wild As It Sounds"

It's only wild for people that would only buy a xbox if Microsoft would held their family hostage. It's just another hating opportunity. I mean just compare early 360 and PS3 games with late games. Or Forza 5 with Forza Horizon 4. It takes time to see the full power of the new consoles anyways.

abcdrstuv

Banned
The only issue I see is that when developers are talking about SSD load times, it’s not just about snappier play but actually new level design - that seems like something it could be more work to scale down.

Otherwise, the worst case scenario is that Xbox Series X would be like “Xbox One X enhanced”, or low-effort remasters: games are built for a lower spec and then get sharper resolution and frame rates, but their bones are clearly last-gen.

I don’t think that will happen much, because developers will try to maximize profit -design for the strongest set and then pare down to sell more units. Under time constraints or with limited resources, I could imagine a developer scrapping bells and whistles, putting out a mid-spec game and saying “4K 120!” for the Series X. And the one criticism of the PC model is that games can scale up and down but they’re fundamentally the same experience, it’s just a question of dials, knobs and switches. Resolution up, anti-aliasing on, effects on high.

This has been in the cards since they realized that they had lost about 50% of their installbase from last-gen and likely are going to have a rough start for next-gen as is.

There is no other option than to release cross-gen titles, because exclusives will be a complete waste of money.

Everything you hear about how this is "as it has always been" and it's because of the "poor last-gen installbase" is PR and damage control.
Is that fact? Explain this then hotshot, also they look exactly the same don't they.

aU6tjsW.jpg

What's it like being a rocket scientist?

sass2.png

abcdrstuv

Banned
And yeah, by the time developers are really mastering the hardware and innovating, the install base will be higher for the S X and software sales on the One and One X will be lower. That’ll also be about the time they can either introduce a low-cost “Series S” and/or jump up to a new “Series X Elite”, “Series Omega”, whatever.

So it seems like it will work, unless PS5 dominates sales and Xbox buyers hold off on an upgrade from the One X..

If it were me, my instinct would be to slash the price of the One S to $200, drop the One X to $350, and phase out S support for new software while pitching S owners on all their current games looking even better on their One X or Series X- keep investing in the “ecosystem” and your old-gen purchases will stay with you.

Anyway, what major developers do you not see being fine with this? Ubisoft, Bethesda, Rockstar?

Psykodad

Banned
Is that fact? Explain this then hotshot, also they look exactly the same don't they.

aU6tjsW.jpg

What's it like being a rocket scientist?

sass2.png
Completely missing the point, huh?
If you release an exclusive for a console which barely anyone bought, that's a waste of money, isn't it?

And I'll leave the "rocket science" to people who do PR for products like the Xbox One and XSX.

Last edited:

abcdrstuv

Banned
It’s true though, I don’t think you could do Fallout 4 on Xbox 360, the Skyrim map is very different, has more narrow chokepoints, you’d have to cut the settlements, it just wouldn’t work.

And a hypothetical No Man’s Sky 2.. you’re making different design choices if you’re looking at two different machines.

All these threads to "justify" a strategy...

There is no strategy. Microsoft studios is 1 year behind schedule for the Scarlet exclusives they are making, so they are releasing the games 1 year later than planned. Done.

Any justification for claiming why there is "no need" for Scarlet exclusives, would have to face the reality that MS is still producing these games. So clearly, MS WANT Scarlet Exclusives. Or they wouldn't be making them still. Just because they are releasing them 1 year late doesn't make it some kind of master plan.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox has all the negatives of a console without the positives. Games not designed specifically for the console which means they'll not be as optimized as in consoles, no real exclusives since everything is ported to PC but still paying for online (which btw is a Microsoft invention), closed system, store monopoly, no mods and so on. Taking into account all the ridiculous disadvantages this console has compared to PC that is trying to become without the hassle of, you know, treating customers better, you should just build a decent PC connect it to your TV and have a FAR better gaming machine than this bullshit.
Games not designed specially for the console 😂 game design isn't rocket science... This idea that games being developed multi platform is holding back your console is just ridiculous. Gears5 was a bad looking game, right? Because it was developed for PC as well...

thelastword

Banned
That word again at the end of the article "Prosumer", sounds so much like what they were told to repeat in blogs and on forums everywhere at the MS marketing meeting......

This article has several holes, the biggest being "that MS simply want to sustain 100 million from the previous generation" except this Forbes marketer should probably use a figure more in line with the XBONE installbase as opposed to the PS4's, you see, everything from MS is PR and defense, and there's simply no offense, as in proper exclusives at launch, like you would see from Sony and Nintendo's hardware launch in every new generation.....

PS4 owners are going out with a bang in 2020, 6 years after launch and MS says they will have no exclusives on new hardware for two years?

The point is, there will still be games releasing on PS4 after PS5 launches, PS5 owners would you know are also PS4 owners due to BC, even people who never had a PS4 this gen are PS4 owners with a PS5 on launch day, they are not left behind...…..Vanilla PS4 owners will still get the farcry's ac's, cod's, fifa's and many Japanese games still in the years oncoming...…, they're not left behind.....

MS is so concerned about not leaving people behind, it's quite a bit hypocritical because for 6 years they should have done better software-wise for the XBONE users and now they're pretending that they love these users to no end, whilst doing even worse with Series X so far, by not giving adopters of that new box something new and shiny to shout about till 2 years in? It's really a travesty....

So really, it makes no sense to prop Series X as the best console hardware ever imagined and when it comes to showing it off through dedicated software for the box, you say it's not happening till 2 years after launch...….Hello MS, nobody buys newly built cutting edge consoles for cross-gen and BC titles, they buy it for new games.....Games that will blow their eyesockets out with graphics, physics, animations and gameplay that we could not get on the prior-gen hardware......That's why we invest in new consoles, to bring the medium forward to new heights and a new technical/gameplay standard....

D3SCHA1N

The no series X exclusives for the first year doesn't bother me, launch games are rarely great anyway, the devs have never had enough time with the new hardware to really take advantage of it, so it's typically just prettier looking versions of games we've played before anyway. This will only really be bad for M$ if sony has a truely great ps5 exclusive at launch, which I doubt they will, it's not like God of War 2 is going to be a launch title.

I don't even know if I'm going to try to get a new system at launch, I didn't this gen and didn't really feel like I missed out on anything, and when I did eventually get a ps4, all the games I played were cross gen titles still anyway (watch_dogs was my first ps4 game)...

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Games not designed specially for the console 😂 game design isn't rocket science... This idea that games being developed multi platform is holding back your console is just ridiculous. Gears5 was a bad looking game, right? Because it was developed for PC as well...
People are slow, they don't understand top down scaling, they don't understand reworking builds, they don't understand that anything can be adapted downward.

I mean it's not like this is a regular next-gen, it's not like the architecture is radically different, it's not like the hardware feature sets are a great departure. This isn't an Xbox 360 to Xbox One situation...

Both of the systems are DirectX 12, they both operate on similar AMD architecture throughout the hardware stack, they both have basically the identical hardware feature sets, in reality the Xbox One is just a much lesser variant of the same thing, the same goes for the PS4 to PS5.

None of this is hard to understand but people quickly become obtuse when they think they can leverage it as some kind of shit hurling console war. Baby brains.

People are slow, they don't understand top down scaling, they don't understand reworking builds, they don't understand that anything can be adapted downward.

I mean it's not like this is a regular next-gen, it's not like the architecture is radically different, it's not like the hardware feature sets are a great departure. This isn't an Xbox 360 to Xbox One situation...

Both of the systems are DirectX 12, they both operate on similar AMD architecture throughout the hardware stack, they both have basically the identical hardware feature sets, in reality the Xbox One is just a much lesser variant of the same thing, the same goes for the PS4 to PS5.

None of this is hard to understand but people quickly become obtuse when they think they can leverage it as some kind of shit hurling console war. Baby brains.
By your argument, MS shouldn't be making any Scarlet exclusive games at all. So if i were you i would call Microsoft and tell them to stop making their Scarlet exclusive games. Games that they said is coming 1 year late. if scaling is easy then Ms should not make any Scarlet exclusives, right?

By your argument, MS shouldn't be making any Scarlet exclusive games at all. So if i were you i would call Microsoft and tell them to stop making their Scarlet exclusive games. Games that they said is coming 1 year late. if scaling is easy then Ms should not make any Scarlet exclusives, right?
It's not an argument, it's a fundamental fact of reality and game development. I don't really care what they decide to do, that's in no way going to negatively impact anything I do or my experiences with the system.

They've shown that they can competently leverage hardware at their disposal and produce sound differences in builds relative to the specifications. Also as previously shown their cross-generational software of yesteryear (Forza Horizon 2) is starkly different spanning generations.

This is nothing to worry about, plus it's only for a year or two anyway, how many games are they going to be releasing in that timeframe? 8 or 9? Fake outrage to the umpteeth degree.

CyberPanda

Banned

Don’t bother trying to explain it to simpletons.

hunthunt

Banned
All these threads to "justify" a strategy...

There is no strategy. Microsoft studios is 1 year behind schedule for the Scarlet exclusives they are making, so they are releasing the games 1 year later than planned. Done.

Any justification for claiming why there is "no need" for Scarlet exclusives, would have to face the reality that MS is still producing these games. So clearly, MS WANT Scarlet Exclusives. Or they wouldn't be making them still. Just because they are releasing them 1 year late doesn't make it some kind of master plan.

Agreed. LMAO at fanboys calling "strategy" the simple lack of games because Microsoft's super duper star teams are still 2 or 3 years from release date

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Series X is the Kickstarter of consoles and people wanna make it seem like we haven't been buying consoles at launch due to the hype and temptation of brand-new games since consoles first started being sold on store shelves.

BETA TESTED IN THE FUTURE tier -- $499.99 "You will receive a pillar that plays all the games you own, and in 12 months we will be adding games to the library that can only be played on your system!"

When they say beta tested, they're referring to you, the beta who bought a system without any exclusives for it.

FeiRR

Banned
It's not an argument, it's a fundamental fact of reality and game development. I don't really care what they decide to do, that's in no way going to negatively impact anything I do or my experiences with the system.
The fundamental fact of game development is exactly it, development. Forward thinking game studios find new ways to convey their ideas into new games, IPs and content. Graphics isn't the only feature which should improve across generations, which you totally forget with your silly examples. Anybody who's every seen PC game graphics settings is fully aware of the fact that you can scale graphics pretty well across different power options. The same cannot be said about things like AI, physical properties of engines and system bandwidth. If you scale down, you have to cut corners with your design choices. No games which load instantaneously hence no fast movement of your character or teleportation, much lower FOV, simplier and less scalable LOD. This impacts a lot of games: fast action titles, open world, MP games with huge maps. Same for physics. Why didn't we have any progress (or we've even had regress) in environment destruction in games this gen? Because of slow budget-level CPUs in consoles. The power of the cloud turned out to be very difficult to help with that problem so Microsoft is changing their song into "you don't need this" now and you're singing along.

They've shown that they can competently leverage hardware at their disposal and produce sound differences in builds relative to the specifications. Also as previously shown their cross-generational software of yesteryear (Forza Horizon 2) is starkly different spanning generations.
No, they haven't. They failed with delivering physics improvements through the cloud even though they have the technology to do it. All they can do is tout the old idea of graphics tiers which every PC dev has known for years to be the next big thing.

This is nothing to worry about, plus it's only for a year or two anyway, how many games are they going to be releasing in that timeframe? 8 or 9? Fake outrage to the umpteeth degree.
Sure, then they'll change their song again and tout "the next gen comes now, look at our new Forza/Halo/whatever The Initiative will invent game" and you will spread the gospel.

All I know for certain is that there will definitely be no need for me to buy an XSX for the next 2 years, but that Sony will be making games that will be offering me a reason to need to buy a PS5, so it seems pretty obvious which company is making the better approach to things.

It's also going to create the worst of both worlds, games on XO will run like shit, games on XSX will look shit compared to Sony's true next gen games, and the minority of palyers Microsoft already has will have no reason to get an XSX but a constant bombardment of reasons to jump to Playstation.

Last edited:
All ai know for certain is that there will definitely be no need for me to buy an XSX for the next 2 years, but that Sony will be making games that will be offering me a reason to need to buy a PS5, so it seems pretty obvious which company is making the better approach to things.

It's also going to create the worst of both worlds, games on XO will run like shit, games on XSX will look shit compared to Sony's true next gen games, and the minority of palyers Microsoft already has will have no reason to get an XSX but a constant bombardment of reasons to jump to Playstation.
Same. I want stellar exclusives and if MS are not giving me then Sony (like always) it is.

Mahadev

The fact that people are trying to rationalize this bullshit by claiming that creating and optimizing a game for a specific hardware is the same as developing a game for multiple hardware setups is just so funny to me. No way people genuinely believe this crap, do they? This has been one of the core advantages of consoles over PC for as long as they existed...

Mattyp

Gold Member
Sorry, but Forbes is literally dismissing how bad this is for Xbox SeX owners who will spend a good amount of money just to have their exclusives be downgraded for the sake of "playing up and down the family consoles".

Can't believe I spent all this money on my 1080ti to have a downgraded experience because of owners with their 580s fucking plebs :messenger_pouting:

Top Bottom