• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: Netflix Has 175 Days Left To Pull Off A Miracle... Or It's All Over

Amory

Meh, seems sensationalist. Disney has a lot of IP but frankly how much marvel and star wars does one need? Especially if it's mediocre.

Netflix has been around the block a few times, and already have a subscriber base. They're not just gonna lay down and die.

jonnyp

The morons running these companies are shooting themselves in the foot. The vast majority of people are not going to subscribe to umpteen different services. What consumers want is one content delivery platform. This will only lead to more piracy. They will never learn.

prag16

Banned
The morons running these companies are shooting themselves in the foot. The vast majority of people are not going to subscribe to umpteen different services. What consumers want is one content delivery platform. This will only lead to more piracy. They will never learn.
Yeah, I mostly agree with this. Nobody wants to have to subscribe to Prime, and Hulu, and Netflix, and CBS All Access, and Disney+, and HBO Go, and so on and so forth. It's more expensive than cable after a certain point. Amazon can do okay because so many people had/have Prime for the many other perks. But fuck if I'm gonna subscribe to CBS All Access JUST for the Picard show. (And no, that doesn't mean I will forego watching it. If you catch my drift.)

I'm not saying there should be one monopolistic delivery service. But having it be THIS fragmented.... they're cutting off their noses to spite their face.

ROMhack

Man, I find Netflix so middle of the road. Nothing different or that original.

I literally signed up the other month just to find out if the Evangelion sub was as bad as people said (I didn't notice much difference tbh).

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Netflix is good when you want to watch comedy specials or Netflix originals hell even if you want to watch an older movie it’s pretty good for that. I use Hulu a bit more since it has a lot of current tv shows I want to watch, but I don’t see Netflix going anywhere anytime soon and I know I’m not subscribing to Disney.

dorkimoe

no way. Netflix original is like a badge of shite. I avoid them because most are terrible.
the more they move to making their own stuff, the less I’m interested.
You’re thinking movies. The shows are great

sabrina
Ozark
Master of none
The rance
Love
Stranger things
Glow
Lost in space
Narcos\
Mindhunter
Godless
Altered carbon
Black summer
On my block
probably 20 more too

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck Disney channel. If I need to watch something from them I'll just rent if off my cable provider.
Long live Netflix.

Sorcerer

Imagine how huge Disney+ will become if parents use it as the ultimate babysitter for $6.99 a month. It seems like kids could be entertained 24 hours a day with this service.

Super Mario

Banned
I give Netflix credit for lasting up until this point. It's been a tough road. I think they are getting close to major problems though. There is more competition than ever. With competition like Amazon and Disney, you have behemoths with huge war chests looking to destroy you. What's the endgame for Netflix? The loss of the Disney content is no doubt a big blow to Netflix. Sure none of these things are going to cause Netflix to die overnight. However, with all of the choices out there, it's hard to believe that this does anything to improve Netflix's business, which is running up huge debts in hopes it grows more.

I love my Netflix original series, but those will only capture so much audience. There are people out there who want cable shows, sports, movies, Disney, etc etc. Netflix is going to have to vastly reinvent themselves as they have done all along.

-Minsc-

While I do believe it would be cool if Netflix survives and keeps hanging with the big boys, I do have to wonder who will buy the Netflix brand down the road?

If Disney did put their new movies on their streaming service on the same day that they hit the cinemas, I wonder what the cost due to piracy would be?

Top Bottom