• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: nVidia says Grand Theft Auto 5 Coming To PC This Fall

Xrenity

New thread for new news?
NVIDIA has been spilling some beans lately. First they confirmed the existence of a Microsoft MSFT +0.52% Surface RT follow up, for which they’re handling processing duties (presumably a Tegra 4). Now, the company has given PC gamers a heaping helping of hope by flat-out stating that Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto V will release for PC this fall.

The reveal occurred during an earnings call (transcribed by Seeking Alpha and spotted by Crave Online) hosted by Chris Evenden, NVIDIA’s Senior Director of Investor Relations. Evenden was outlining the changes in the PC market — changes which PC gamers are affecting — before he explained that the demographic is “preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto V and Assassin’s Creed IV.”

You can rest assured that isn’t a random trio of titles. NVIDIA is working directly with Ubisoft developers to optimize Assassin’s Creed IV, and past Call of Duty partnerships exist between Activision and NVIDIA. Maybe we’ll see the game bundled with an existing GeForce GTX graphics card?

Perhaps NVIDIA even has a hard release date for GTA V under their hat, but the “fall” window is still reassuring. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions land on September 17, meaning PC users may not have to wait long for what they know will be the superior version of the game.

In the past, Rockstar Games has been slow to adopt PC ports of their popular titles, and in some cases — like Red Dead Redemption — those ports never materialized. With such a high profile release, anticipated by a burgeoning PC gaming audience, Grand Theft Auto fans took to Change.org recently to petition Rockstar to release a PC version of GTA V. The petition currently has 314,000 signatures. If NVIDIA’s words ring true, that petition won’t be necessary.

This information comes just days before Rockstar is poised to unveil the details of GTA V’s multiplayer component. I’ve reached out to both Rockstar and NVIDIA for any further clarification.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...ms-grand-theft-auto-v-coming-to-pc-this-fall/

Sendou

Nvidia should know, right? PC version releasing this fall would be way better than what I expected. What is Rockstar waiting for with the announcement?

Mcvro

Neo Member
Forbes is very creative with quoting.

Here's the full transcript, provided by Crave Online

The PC market is evolving. As entry level laptops face pressure from tablets. Yet sales of specialty PCs like gaming systems and work stations continue to grow. The disparity reflects how consumers use these different classes of PCs. Many consumers look for PC as a general purpose device they can use for browsing, email, social media video. But much of this can be better served by a tablet. In contrast, gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto V and Assassin's Creed IV.

See how Forbes swaps gamers for the PC demographic to make it look like this is referring to PC specifically. It very well could be, but it doesn't say that.

Xrenity

Here's the full transcript:

See how Forbes swaps gamers for the PC demographic to make it look like this is referring to PC specifically. It very well could be, but it doesn't say that.
Nvidia wouldn't be rooting for any console game though as they don't deliver those chips.

Here's the full transcript, provided by Crave Online

Do console gamers prepare their systems for new games? Would that preparation have any effect on Nvidia's earnings? It was very clearly referring to PC gamers.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm not sure my graphics card can handle it. GTX560.

GAMERG0D

Looks like I'm double-dipping. I'm guessing Sony might be keeping the existence of a PC version quiet due to the PS3 bundle w/ headset and the fact that all the footage we've seen is from PS3. It might be revealed not long after the game comes out.

big_z

hopefully if true we find out when its coming before the console versions ship. I have the 360 version ordered for $40 but I will cancel it for pc providing it's a solid port and not too far past the console release.

I expected it to come out March/April next year and I'm still holding to that, but I will gladly accept being proven wrong.

dex3108

What if PC version is released same day as console version XD Without any announcement XD That would be interesting :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda late to announce a PC version, no? Especially considering their "no gamers will be missing out on GTA V this holiday" statement and all. Same goes for next gen.

Still can't believe we're so close.

M*A*S*H

intense-soccer-fan-gif.gif

edit: above gif works both ways if this is indeed non-news.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm betting Rockstar aren't happy this information is out.

Madness

Holy shit huge news! Rockstar will be fucking choked though. How many PC owners will purposely hold out now for the superior version.

Edit: Hopefully the PC version will be ported to next gen consoles too. Now I feel like a sucker for already having paid for the special edition 360 version as a way to finish the gen.

Top Bottom